Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Russian weapons have now been used to shoot down more civilian airliners than any other countries weapon systems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

alastair wrote: »
    It’s rather more obvious what I actually posted. Which was correct.

What is the meaning of cause of?
    1a : a reason for an action or condition : motive. b : something that brings about an effect or a result trying to find the cause of the accident. c : a person or thing that is the occasion of an action or state a cause for celebration especially : an agent that brings something about She is the cause of your troubles.

THE MISSILE CAUSED THE PLANE TO EXPLODE, JESUS ITS HARD BEING PEDANTIC LIKE YOU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Seeing new levels of pedantry on this thread (by one particular poster), which is disappointing as it is taking the subject matter off-topic. The Iranians did shoot down Flight 752 and no nuances of the English language is going to change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Ah come on Alastair, you're not really a moron, so stop pretending to be one.

The chance of an airplane accident killing 100+ people is absolutely miniscule.
    4 billion people fly in passenger planes every year.

Of all the days in the year, this incident happened on the same day as Iran were firing rockets.
    Of all the countries in the world, this incident happened in the same country that Iran were firing rockets in.

There was a 99.999999% chance this was caused by Iran
    There was 0.000001% chance this was an accident.

As the lad in Dumb and Dumber said - "so you're saying there's still a chance?!".
    Are you similar IQ to those lads?

Every air accident has a minuscule chance of happening. And yet they happen. The chance of them happening while other stuff is going on remains the same.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Seeing new levels of pedantry on this thread (by one particular poster), which is disappointing as it is taking the subject matter off-topic. The Iranians did shoot down Flight 752 and no nuances of the English language is going to change that.

I never denied they did. 🤷🏻*♂️

• Advertisement

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    What is the meaning of cause of?
    1a : a reason for an action or condition : motive. b : something that brings about an effect or a result trying to find the cause of the accident. c : a person or thing that is the occasion of an action or state a cause for celebration especially : an agent that brings something about She is the cause of your troubles.

THE MISSILE CAUSED THE PLANE TO EXPLODE, JESUS ITS HARD BEING PEDANTIC LIKE YOU.

The plane didn’t explode.

The plane didn’t explode.
    It said in the link from the ny times YOU QUOTED, it caused a small explosion it doesn't matter the size there was an explosion -fact, i can do this all day with you.

It said in the link from the ny times YOU QUOTED, it caused a small explosion it doesn't matter the size there was an explosion -fact, i can do this all day with you.

From the NYT article:
    but the plane did not explode

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

I never denied they did. 🤷🏻*♂️

Pathetic. Grow up will you and stop ruining the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'm done. I'm not sure if people are taking the piss, trolling, pedantic, or genuinely in the conspiracy camp.

Iran, tragically, blew up their own plane

It was a Ukranian plane.

:p

• Advertisement

From the NYT article:

The small explosion caused the plane to crash which exploded upon impact with the ground, simple.

The small explosion caused the plane to crash which exploded upon impact with the ground, simple.

Sure. The missile exploded, the plane did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Please lads, can you start your own thread somewhere else.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Sure. The missile exploded, the plane did not.

The plane exploded, did you not see the wreckage field at all? I thought it was pretty obvious that the plane was in thousands of pieces, you must have missed that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Boggles wrote: »
    It was a Ukranian plane.

:p

It's like a bad dream. Absolute nightmare for all those people affected.

The similarities with the plane shot down in Ukraine a few years back, and also the downing of the Iranian plane back in 88.

The tweet of 290 by the Iranian government a few days ago too just to add to the surrealnes of it all.

The plane exploded, did you not see the wreckage field at all? I thought it was pretty obvious that the plane was in thousands of pieces, you must have missed that.

It crashed. Tends to cause a lot of damage alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jaysus. I’ve only read the last couple of pages of this thread and I’m bored of the bickering...

It crashed. Tends to cause a lot of damage alright.

Small explosion mid air led to an impact explosion. We will get there slowly with you dont you worry.

endacl wrote: »
    Jaysus. I’ve only read the last couple of pages of this thread and I’m bored of the bickering...

I apologize but he/she/it cant be let away with pedantic nonsense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Could this be some sort of double bluff black flag operation ?

• Advertisement

I apologize but he/she/it cant be let away with pedantic nonsense

Consider not levelling accusations without any merit.

Consider not levelling accusations without any merit.

Consider being mature and admit when you are wrong. I quoted you saying nobody blew up a plane and you go on a tirade of pedantic nonsense. Grow up.

Could this be some sort of double bluff black flag operation ?

From the crowd who can’t keep their story straight on leaving Iraq? 😂

Consider being mature and admit when you are wrong. I quoted you saying nobody blew up a plane and you go on a tirade of pedantic nonsense. Grow up.

Nobody blew up a plane. I said it because they didn’t. Perhaps you should accept that you were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

The posters who say that a surface to air missile explodes close to the target are quite right.

It's very simple, if mechanical contact was required to a activate a sensor on the nose of a missile then only direct hits would cause damage and anything else might result in a fly-by.

Nobody blew up a plane. I said it because they didn’t. Perhaps you should accept that you were wrong.

The simple fact is i am right and you are wrong, the plane exploded upon impact. Hence the plane blew up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It does:

Western != American

So again, the Americans never stated what you claim they have stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Also , wait till these guys ( the Iranians ) get their hands / develope a nuclear weapon. A lot of people / appeasers need to learn a " valuable lesson " soon .

See now why the ' muricans etc don't want them getting nukes !!

America has lost 8 armed nuclear missiles and accidentally dropped a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

smurgen wrote: »
    America has lost 8 armed nuclear missiles and accidentally dropped a few.

The so called "broken arrows" of the Cold War, hard to see how you can permanently loose a nuclear weapon and it never be uncovered years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,192 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Charlie,

Just for you.

61535829_2__d35557028a884e26174d73304feba1563d548333.jpg

Is this the correct way to handle the black boxes? Now can you understand our dismay at the fact that the area was bulldozed within two days?

Advertisement