Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Some air force commander is surely going to his head chopped off over this? If Iran are admitting it publicly there'll have to be consequences for those involved. It's a mad world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

BluePlanet wrote: »
    I guess the bright side here is that some posters get to slag Iran while dancing on the graves of the 176 dead
    Who is dancing on the graves of the 176 dead?

This is a very odd thread, with one (maybe more) poster appearing to defend the indefensible by using deflection and linguistic techniques. Trying to muddy the circumstances on how a civilian airplane was blown out of the sky by Iran is a sad reflection on those who are trying to twist and skew the actual narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

It must be an absolutely horrendous and hellish scenario to come upon the aftermath of a crash like that. We see pictures of twisted wreckage and strewn belongings but those first on the scene would find the charred and shattered pieces of 176 human beings that no newsagency will ever show. Can't imagine what that would be like. Funny how, since it's a country like Iran, we never hear about how the 'first responders' have handled it. Picking up those bloody remains. They would be applauded in a western society.

First responders should be applauded by everyone regardless of where in the world they are.
    I have yet to hear of a first responder whose first action was to determine someone in trouble`s religion or ethnicity.
    Brave people who are often not appreciated as much as they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

https://youtu.be/S3e9g1oWNUA

Translation of explanation here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Did they use Google translate or Microsoft translator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

Gatling wrote: »
    Did they use Google translate or Microsoft translator.

Native language. Why? Is there an error in the translation?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can we please keep this discussion to the Flight 752 incident

There is a separate thread discussing the missile attack on US bases

Protests in Iran have broke out demanding change at the top of the government over the shooting down of flight 752.

"Death to the liar's being chanted"

https://news.sky.com/story/iran-plane-crash-trudeau-demands-answers-after-iran-admits-shooting-down-jet-11906500

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Kivaro wrote: »
    Who is dancing on the graves of the 176 dead?

This is a very odd thread, with one (maybe more) poster appearing to defend the indefensible by using deflection and linguistic techniques. Trying to muddy the circumstances on how a civilian airplane was blown out of the sky by Iran is a sad reflection on those who are trying to twist and skew the actual narrative.

Excuse me? What do you believe I’m defending? Where have I muddied anything? The plane wasn’t blown up, and anyone who claims it was is responsible for any ‘muddying’.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

alastair wrote: »
    Glad you’re amused, but it’s still a matter of record:
    Nobody did blow up a passenger plane.
    iebamm2580 wrote: »
    A matter of record by an unknown source, brilliant.
    haha go for a walk clear your head, its pathetic at this stage.
    You claiming a plane was blown up?
    You know you have lost an argument when you are being this pedantic, you are making my day at work very fun, i thank you.
    Alastair is being pedantic about blew as in a bomb didn't blow up the plane, terrible trait when people cant admit they were wrong.
    Where in any of that is there anything about blowing up a plane? There isn’t, because no plane was blown up. It was shot down.
    Neither a bomb, nor a missile, blew up the plane. It didn’t explode at all.
    For somebody with so many posts you have lost any credibility with this pedantic nonsense, admit you were wrong and be on your way to another failed crusade.
    I gave up quoting after these posts. Did either of you bother reading the in-thread warning repeated n the OP?

If you did, why did everyone else have to put up with this nonsense?

Both of you are now banned from posting in this thread again

Any questions, PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Two points worth noting.

1. An unambiguous apology straight out. An apology which the Iranians have never received for the US shooting down Iran Air Flight 655.

2. Confirmation that the plane wasn’t blown up. Since this seems to be dismissed as a pedantic point by some.

Mod: Week Off

It was hardly straight out. They denied it for 3 days first. It's good to see them accept resposibility though. Russia still hasn't for MH17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If I understand this correctly. Iran had given permission for a civilian plane to fly close to a sensitive military base during a time of high tension.
    People in charge of an air defense system were not made aware of this.
    The pilot did not alter from the intended flight path as some previously claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Protests in Iran have broke out demanding change at the top of the government over the shooting down of flight 752.

https://news.sky.com/story/iran-plane-crash-trudeau-demands-answers-after-iran-admits-shooting-down-jet-11906500

It’s a beautiful thing. Trump could well accomplish more for the Middle East with one drone strike than all the US presidents with all their wars and trillions of dollars put together. He’s a genius and I’m gonna put money on him winning 4 more years.

pearcider wrote: »
    It’s a beautiful thing. Trump could well accomplish more for the Middle East with one drone strike than all the US presidents with all their wars and trillions of dollars put together. He’s a genius and I’m gonna put money on him winning 4 more years.

Are you not back early from your holidays ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tuxy wrote: »
    If I understand this correctly. Iran had given permission for a civilian plane to fly close to a sensitive military base during a time of high tension.
    People in charge of an air defense system were not made aware of this.
    The pilot did not alter from the intended flight path as some previously claimed.
    Seems that after the plane was shot down, another civilian aircraft took off.

pearcider wrote: »

180 innocent dead people and violence on the streets of Tehran is a beautiful thing in your world view. You need to take a long hard look at yourself.

I wouldn't bother with whatever was posted in that link or video ,

The pilot absolutely did not alter course ,for whatever reason where flight 752 was hit by possibly 2 missiles and where the wreckage impacted is being used as proof the pilot altered course towards a sensitive military site ,

Likely the link is just more Iranian propaganda or known in Russia as dezinformatsiya ,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

US intelligence is part of ‘western intelligence agencies’.

Yes, can be part of.
    However, it is not what you said.

You stated, incorrectly that the Americans stated that the plane was not brought down by a missile.
    Western could mean, Canadian, French, British, Irish, German, Swedish, Polish etc...

For someone intent on semantics and pedantry in relation to other people's language one would think you would follow these same high standards and rules yourself.

markodaly wrote: »
    Yes, can be part of.
    However, it is not what you said.

You stated, incorrectly that the Americans stated that the plane was not brought down by a missile.
    Western could mean, Canadian, French, British, Irish, German, Swedish, Polish etc...

For someone intent on semantics and pedantry in relation to other people's language one would think you would follow these same high standards and rules yourself.

There was a news item posted here (CNN far as I recall) where they stated an official source told them that both the US military and US intelligence were monitoring the area, and they did not detect any missile heat signature.

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »
    There was a news item posted here (CNN far as I recall) where they stated an official source told them that both the US military and US intelligence were monitoring the area, and they did not detect any missile heat signature.

If America said that they had evidence straight away it would be called fake ,and a set up .
    Much the same happened when Russia shotdown Flight MH-17,

They left Iran swing on the rope for several days while they spun lie after lie

British Ambassador temperately detained because he attend a vigil for the people who died in the crash. Iran officials accused him of attending a protest even though he left as soon as he realised a protest was forming.
    They keep getting their intel wrong, totally incompetent.

British Ambassador temperately detained because he attend a vigil for the people who died in the crash. Iran officials accused him of attending a protest even though he left as soon as he realised a protest was forming.
    They keep getting their intel wrong, totally incompetent.

Read earlier that flights were still coming and going even after shooting down Flight 752 , no oh ****e let's make sure we don't do it again and divert traffic

Read earlier that flights were still coming and going even after shooting down Flight 752 , no oh ****e let's make sure we don't do it again and divert traffic

It's like the government is totally fractured and unable to communicate with different departments within it.
    Very dangerous.

If America said that they had evidence straight away it would be called fake ,and a set up .
    Much the same happened when Russia shotdown Flight MH-17,

They left Iran swing on the rope for several days while they spun lie after lie

So you reckon the US lied intentionally

That may make some kind of sense to you, but when I hear hoof beats, I don`t automatically think zebras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

The Iranian people there in the crowd have a right to be angry about the incident. Still, Cool yourself down. I only see a few hundred to two thousand people there shouting disapproval.

, Cool yourself down. I only see a few hundred to two thousand people there shouting disapproval.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51079965
    Hundreds of protesters have taken to the streets in Iran's capital, Tehran, to vent anger at officials, calling them liars for having denied shooting down a Ukrainian passenger plane.

Protests took place outside at least two universities, with tear gas reportedly fired

This is looking bad for the regime.

Losing face both at home and abroad.

charlie14 wrote: »
    So you reckon the US lied intentionally

That may make some kind of sense to you, but when I hear hoof beats, I don`t automatically think zebras.

I believe they did and withheld information to see how Iran would play this which they spectacularly fcuked up post shooting down ,

Very well played by the US

• Advertisement

Strange as it may seem,especially with an accident outside their perimeter, airports rarely shut down

Advertisement