Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

markodaly wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51079965

This is looking bad for the regime.

Losing face both at home and abroad.

The usual response in Iran is the army starts shooting to quell all discent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Gatling wrote: »
    I believe they did and withheld information to see how Iran would play this which they spectacularly fcuked up post shooting down ,

Very well played by the US

I really do not do conspiracy theories.
    But you may be correct, and it is wise not to believe anything the US military or US intelligence say.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Strange as it may seem,especially with an accident outside their perimeter, airports rarely shut down

shooting downs of civilian airliners aren't simple accidents especially when it's you shooting ,
    No way should have they allowed flights to continue to leave the airport and coming in ,well known they have military idiots with itichy twitchy fingers

I really do not do conspiracy theories.
    But you may be correct, and it is wise not to believe anything the US military or US intelligence say.

Imagine the idea of believing everything the Iranians say or said .

Sheer embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The usual response in Iran is the army starts shooting to quell all discent.

With the spotlight of the world now on them, can they afford to go back to 'kill all protestors' mode?
    Well, I suppose if pushed of course they will.

It is, however, a good reminder to us all of how corrupt and bad this regime is. One can have their opinion on Trump, the Americans, Brexit, Boris etc.... but these countries don't sent out the military to quell protests that end up killing hundreds if not thousands of people.

A real pity because Iran itself could be a very open, liberal country if given the right leadership and chance.

• Advertisement

shooting downs of civilian airliners aren't simple accidents especially when it's you shooting ,
    No way should have they allowed flights to continue to leave the airport and coming in ,well known they have military idiots with itichy twitchy fingers

The airport should have been shut down before Iran launch those missiles at the US bases in Iraq.

When it wasn`t, and from that video he stated the airport authority had no idea that plane was downed by a missile, with the incident being outside the airport perimeter it would not be unusual for an airport to remain operational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Sheer embarrassing

Nah we can disbelieve both sides.also not that embarrassing. It's just the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

pearcider wrote: »
    If Iran got rid of the mullahs and joined the free world it would be a beautiful thing. This event could spark that especially when you look at the caliber of the people killed in the attack. These were people with huge influence in Tehran. My guess is the mullahs days are numbered. This is why I love Trump. He shakes things up and works tirelessly to disrupt the status quo.

You mean like before the Americans instigated a coup in 1953? Yeah that would be nice but it'll never happen. Trump doesn't care about the iranian people. He authorized that strike on the general because he was under pressure from republican senators to do so here. Republican senators who he needs to keep onside so they don't convict him in his upcoming senate trial. It was a totally self serving move on his part that has resulted in many deaths and lots of unrest. He set in motion a train of events that led to that plane being shot down and although it was the iranians who are resposible he shares a small portion of the blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Americans would absolutely have known straight away that an Iranian SAM downed the flight, through its E-8 JSTARS planes that wouldn't have been too far away, they'd have got visual return and any audio of communication from the Iranian forces responsible. Whatever about Trump hedging, Trudeau confirmed as much the morning after.

Have to say the protests against the supreme leader have surprised me hugely. Quite remarkable turn of events where such a thing was always taboo.

Sheer embarrassing

If you are referring to me I never said I believed everything the Iranians said.

What I did say was that from what I could see, their Civil Aviation Authority air accident investigation team was going by the letter on internationally agreed procedures and protocols
    I also said, with all the conspiracy theorist here saying otherwise, that there was nothing unusual for that team to secure the wreckage by moving it off site. Especially if the crash site was unsecure.
    Subsequent photos posted here showed how correct they were.

• Advertisement

If you are referring to me I never said I believed everything the Iranians said.

It's not a personal post aimed at you .

Anyone else having issues with posts not appearing or not being able to see the next post

It's not a personal post aimed at you .

Ill take your word on that..

It might be an idea to post general comments other that in a reply to another poster though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

According to Sky Iran are now saying that they thought the aircraft was an American cruise missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Brave and Suffering Iranian People: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely. Your courage is inspiring

Discodog wrote: »
    According to Sky Iran are now saying that they thought the aircraft was an American cruise missile.

I posted that earlier another oh it's was someone else's fault but ours ,I wouldn't be surprised if they Keep that story going for a few days in the hope usful idiots across the interweb and social media tell the world about the American cruise missile that was flown close to a sensitive military site to get Iran to shoot down a civilian airliner,
    And they have eye witnesses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

MadYaker wrote: »
    here. Republican senators who he needs to keep onside so they don't convict him in his upcoming senate trial. It was a totally self serving move on his part that has resulted in many deaths and lots of unrest. He set in motion a train of events that led to that plane being shot down and although it was the iranians who are resposible he shares a small portion of the blame.

WTF!
    What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cosybeach

You mean like before the Americans instigated a coup in 1953? Yeah that would be nice but it'll never happen. Trump doesn't care about the iranian people. He authorized that strike on the general because he was under pressure from republican senators to do so here. Republican senators who he needs to keep onside so they don't convict him in his upcoming senate trial. It was a totally self serving move on his part that has resulted in many deaths and lots of unrest. He set in motion a train of events that led to that plane being shot down and although it was the iranians who are resposible he shares a small portion of the blame.

1953? 1979? 2020?
    Today hardliners don't care about Iranians its all about there survival, clearly shown when 1500 killed in recent protests plus dozens killed at a well mourned terrorist funeral and 180 missiled plane no mourning for them.
    We can only hope a country and its total contempt for human rights will implode from within.
    An investigation will show reckless behavior on many Iranians involved lucky it was only 1 plane, only a disappointed foolish clown could hope to pin blame on the west.
    The west needs to rail in its arming of militias and never allow it have nukes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I dont think the West, well the EU countries, is looking for regime change considering the last two efforts on Libya and Syria have precipitated a huge surge of migrants coming in their direction. Doubt Trumps America would take in alot of Iranian refugees for "security reasons". I think the regime will survive this blunder.

• Advertisement

Brave and Suffering Iranian People: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely. Your courage is inspiring

Whatever else you could say about him, nobody can deny when it comes to meaningless hyperbole he has few equals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=TrYV_1578828004

More proof that Iran isnt as fantastic as some think

Many on here will not take notice. They think Trump and his associates are trying to help Iran. This is same president who warned the other day he will hit 52  Iranian sites including culture sites! This is the same president who recently spoke on Fox News and said i might just keep the Syrian oil and not give it back. 

cosybeach wrote: »
    1953? 1979? 2020?
    Today hardliners don't care about Iranians its all about there survival, clearly shown when 1500 killed in recent protests plus dozens killed at a well mourned terrorist funeral and 180 missiled plane no mourning for them.
    We can only hope a country and its total contempt for human rights will implode from within.
    An investigation will show reckless behavior on many Iranians involved lucky it was only 1 plane, only a disappointed foolish clown could hope to pin blame on the west.
    The west needs to rail in its arming of militias and never allow it have nukes.

Iranian people genuinely wanted change people would fill the streets and cause chaos. You have thousands of Iranian individuals turning up and not a higher number the west claims it to be. The 1500 murdered is a US figure, there is no evidence that truly occurred. If Iran truly killed 1500 people the Iranian people would riot that too high of a number for the Iranian people to tolerate. 

Iran reports there were communication transmissions problems between the mobile anti-air system and control and command elsewhere. Iran blaming the operator and saying technical difficulties was why the plane got shot down.

Iran Army also partially blamed the Iranian Aviation board for not cancelling civilian flights. The requested all civilian aircraft to not fly after the attack in Iraq, and were turned down. Iran to blame for allowing commercial planes to fly!

Trump is also to blame, his stupid activities, lead to this event. 

IRGC also maintains some leaders did not know one of their missiles hit the plane. IRGC was still carrying out an internal investigation. When it finished the report and review and learned one of their missiles hit the plane, they informed the Iranian leadership and news was broke on Friday.

Iran claim, you can believe or not?

Many on here will not take notice. They think Trump and his associates are trying to help Iran. This is same president who warned the other day he will hit 52  Iranian sites including culture sites! This is the same president who recently spoke on Fox News and said i might just keep the Syrian oil and not give it back. 

And that's what to do with Iran shooting down flight 752 plenty of trump threads as it is

Iran reports there were communication transmissions problems between the mobile anti-air system and control and command elsewhere. Iran blaming the operator and saying technical difficulties was why the plane got shot down.

Iran Army also partially blamed the Iranian Aviation board for not cancelling civilian flights. The requested all civilian aircraft to not fly after the attack in Iraq, and were turned down. Iran to blame for allowing commercial planes to fly!

Iran are still lying and everyone on here knows it .

Iran said Iran said Iran said it's all bs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Has there been any pictures released of where the sensitive military base is to the komenai airport? I don't buy it that the plane was close to it or turning to it etc.. this seems like one huge fcuk up on the Iranians side being made worse by trying too cover it up.

And that's what to do with Iran shooting down flight 752 plenty of trump threads as it is

Iran air-defences were on high alertness awareness because of Trump threats to strike Iran. The plane would not have got shot down otherwise. Iran was awaiting a possible response from the US military, that night

Post about demonstrations in Iran. I just highlighting Trump does not care about the Iranian people. 

Reply was to another user, not you specifically.

• Advertisement

Has there been any pictures released of where the sensitive military base is to the komenai airport? I don't buy it that the plane was close to it or turning to it etc.. this seems like one huge fcuk up on the Iranians side being made worse by trying too cover it up.

Iran/ IRGC showed this image during their press conference.

Green- is the location the missile was launched from
    Red blast- is location the plane got hit.
    Iran tracks the plane from the airport to where the missile hit on the map.
    Red dot to the left where the general pointing to- Iran claims the plane when got hit turned to the right to go back to airport, but never made it.

499809.png

Advertisement