Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Gatling wrote: »
    Maybe take the Hitler discussion to a WW2 thread

It was not a discussion on Hitler or WW2.
    It was about making a claim without independent verification to back it up.

A poster brought up Hitler as an example of there being no independent verified documentation in defense of his claims on the assassination of General Soleimani.

I pointed out that, unlike his claims, there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And in the latest news in the shooting down of flight 752

Iran state media say blackboxes will be sent to Ukraine,

In saying Irans government have repeatedly changed stories and lied throughout this horrible tragedy so I'd half expect they won't send them to Ukraine or announce they are being sent to Moscow

http://news.sky.com/story/iran-to-send-black-boxes-from-downed-jet-to-ukraine-11911509

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Everyone knows what happened now so they've nothing to lose by sending the black boxes. Not sure what useful info can even be gotten from them at this point.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Everyone knows what happened now so they've nothing to lose by sending the black boxes. Not sure what useful info can even be gotten from them at this point.

That, plus the plane belonged to Ukraine International Airlines.
    Sound as if somebody is working on a conspiracy theory, although how, why and for what possible reason beats me.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Sound as if somebody is working on a conspiracy theory,

I'll leave that to the children

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    I'll leave that to the children

Very adult of you.:rolleyes:

Well that didn't take long - flight 752 blackboxes staying in Iran ,
    Wonder if they are afraid whats on the recorders especially the 20 -30 seconds between missile strikes

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — The Iranian official leading the investigation into the Ukrainian jetliner that was accidentally shot down by the Revolutionary Guard appeared to backtrack Sunday on plans to send the flight recorders abroad for analysis, a day after saying they would be sent to Kyiv.

Hassan Rezaeifar was quoted by the state-run IRNA news agency as saying “the flight recorders from the Ukrainian Boeing are in Iranian hands and we have no plans to send them out.”

He said Iran is working to recover the data and cabin recordings, and that it may send the flight recorders — commonly known as black boxes — to Ukraine or France. “But as of yet, we have made no decision.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Occam’s razor in play.
    Military prosecutor of Tehran says shooting down of Ukrainian airliner in January was due to human error: TASNIM
    Tehran Military prosecutor says no evidence so far cyber attack on #Iran's missile or air defense systems was cause of shooting down of Ukrainian airliner: TASNIM

Advertisement