Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

I don't think anyone says that...looks like Iran messed up...big time

Is this not the OP's point?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I don't think anyone says that...looks like Iran messed up...big time

Sure they do. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112209771&postcount=44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That was confirmed to have been shot down by Ukraine accidentally using Russian weapons.

Besides, it was an accident. There is no suggestion that Russia intentionally shot it down which would make no sense.

Never suggested it was intentional, (also They are a Russian backed and supplied Ukrainian/Russian militia masquerading as Ukrainian rebels).

Anyway I thought word was the plane turned around or was attempting to. Would suggest to me a technical fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We still waiting for US intelligence Soleimani

He dead ,the blow back tents and innocent civilians in Iran by Iran .

People were Cheering this attack on America and I said it more innocent civilians would die than Americans ,
    So I was correct on innocent civilians being killed and I was correct on the iran shooting down a civilian airliner .

It's not point scoring these are the cold hard facts and to think people want Iran to get nuclear weapons .....

God help us all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Can we not discuss this issue rather than previous airline scenarios.

You can't just dismiss when someone uses a previous example to further a point of debate, because it doesn't suit your own view.

Seriously, open your mind a bit.

This could have been anyone at the moment. The truth will out. It took weeks for it to become unquestionable that Russian separatists in Ukraine were responsible for MH17. It will take a similar period of time for any similar investigation here, and less likely to be as quick because there is no competent government (i.e. Netherlands) with as big a loss.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    He dead ,the blow back tents and innocent civilians in Iran by Iran .

People were Cheering this attack on America and I said it more innocent civilians would die than Americans ,
    So I was correct on innocent civilians being killed and I was correct on the iran shooting down a civilian airliner .

It's not point scoring these are the cold hard facts and to think people want Iran to get nuclear weapons .....

God help us all

Once again - no evidence that the plane was shot down yet, and certainly nothing to support your claim that it was hit by a missile on it’s way to Iraq and exploded.
    So no, those aren’t facts of any description.

alastair wrote: »
    Once again - no evidence that the plane was shot down .

See the video just posted .....

See the video just posted .....

At this stage I would say it is a given that the plane was mistakenly shot down by Iranian anti-aircraft systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Who else could have done it ,

The butler in the library or the hand of God

It was obvious yesterday morning. I was saying it and was called all sorts. It's the same folk who refuse to accept anything. Reminds me of the brexit thread on boards.

• Advertisement

It was obvious yesterday morning. I was saying it and was called all sorts. It's the same folk who refuse to accept anything. Reminds me of the brexit thread on boards.

The poster you're replying to has made multiple outlandish statements that have been proven to be 100% false. I wouldn't go congratulating each other on having some sort of intuition for the truth when Gatling has "missed badly".

I got plenty of personal abuse for being one of the first to say it and stand by it,

Yet Irish boardsies who were cheering the massive Iranian assault which damaged a few tents and then they shot down an airliner and the same posters making excuse after excuse but but but ,
    Iran won apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

It’s scary how demented some of the lefties are in here. If there was a suicide bombing in Dublin tomorrow I honestly believe you’d have the same people in here defending the islamists and saying well what about the those evil Yankees making black people sit at the back of the bus in the 1940s??? We clearly deserved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Looks interesting.

2 questions though.

1. Why was the guy just pointing the camera at the sky?

2. Would the plane if hit by a ground missile not just explode into several pieces and not just continue it's trajectory?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The thread title is wholly inaccurate.

The poster you're replying to has made multiple outlandish statements that have been proven to be 100% false. I wouldn't go congratulating each other on having some sort of intuition for the truth when Gatling has "missed badly".

Iran shot down the plane that’s pretty much accepted now. They are an evil regime but I don’t think they did it on purpose. These mullahs couldn’t organize a piss up in a brewery.

pearcider wrote: »
    It’s scary how demented some of the lefties are in here. If there was a suicide bombing in Dublin tomorrow I honestly believe you’d have the same people in here defending the islamists and saying well what about the those evil Yankees making black people sit at the back of the bus in the 1940s??? We clearly deserved it!

Again - figments of your imagination are about you, nobody else.

Iran shot down the plane that’s pretty much accepted now. They are an evil regime but I don’t think they did it on purpose. These mullahs couldn’t organize a piss up in a brewery.

I really cannot see how someone over the age of 13 would think that they did it on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Boggles wrote: »
    Looks interesting.

2 questions though.

1. Why was the guy just pointing the camera at the sky?

2. Would the plane if hit by a ground missile not just explode into several pieces and not just continue it's trajectory?

I was wondering if it was maybe a bomb onboard? Wouldn't that also make sense of someone randomly recoding it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Go out and get some air ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So Iran attacks US airbases in retaliation.

They expect US retaliation for their retaliation (fighter jets taking off from Dubai etc)

No retaliation comes as there is no loss of life. Trump is somehow persuaded to not further escalate.

Iranians on high alert for possible US response.

737 flies over Tehran.

Nervous air battery commander over reacts and makes the worst call in his career with devastating consequences.

I just feel it fits what could have happened.

The lack of cockpit response. Zero calls for help, even if their was catastrophic engine failure or fire seems bizarre. Not to mention the plane was less than four years old.

I think an accidental missile strike just makes the most sense at present. Unless further evidence emerges.

I'm not a "leftie", by a long shot. You can easily check my post history for reference.

But I find many here are behaving the same way. Emotional BS statements with vague nonsense to score agenda points.

We don't have any details. Until we have details, honestly, I'm a little disgusted by many of the posters here, regardless of whether you're defending or attacking Iran in your posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ah you see you're caught up in sides. We have that here in politics too.
    One being justly criticised does not mean you are defending the other.
    Most of us go on facts available. Just because some might say Trump is a political point scoring treasonous monster, doesn't mean we support Iran, Iceland or Mexico either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

They expect US retaliation for their retaliation (fighter jets taking off from Dubai etc)

No retaliation comes as there is no loss of life. Trump is somehow persuaded to not further escalate.

737 flies over Tehran.

Nervous air battery commander over reacts and makes the worst call in his career with devastating consequences.

The lack of cockpit response. Zero calls for help, even if their was catastrophic engine failure or fire seems bizarre. Not to mention the plane was less than four years old.

I think an accidental missile strike just makes the most sense at present. Unless further evidence emerges.

This is a fair hypothetical narrative of what the world thought at that exact time. And very probably exactly what has happened, bar the finer details around what went wrong.

A fairer summary, based on reporting now available, is that the whole "attack" was orchestrated to be a token retaliation, just weak enough for Trump to ignore and maintain his character, while probably being wholly propagandised within Iran itself as a much more meaningful attack.

Irrelevant, in the context that when the plan was shot down, the person pulling the trigger probably thought like the rest of us that WW3 was about to kick off.

How he couldn't tell the difference between the radar returns of a 738 and a fighter jet that is designed to be stealthy, just speaks to incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Airlines_Flight_409

This is very similar.

Probable cause put down to pilot error.

737 flies over Tehran.

The first three actions a pilot will take are aviate, navigate and then communicate. If the pilot is fighting to fly a plane, communicating is the last thing on their mind.

Ah you see you're caught up in sides. We have that here in politics too.
    One being justly criticised does not mean you are defending the other.
    Most of us go on facts available. Just because some might say Trump is a political point scoring treasonous monster, doesn't mean we support Iran, Iceland or Mexico either.

I wonder how long before you and your crew are laying the blame for the 176 dead at Trumps feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

It's a sign of the times that people bought into the media narrative in the first place that it was a technical error.

What has happened to people being able to think for themselves. I suppose it explains how buffoons like Trump get elected.

No winners in this tiff. Over 150 innocents dead because of two sets of idiots. Santa toys strewn on the debris field.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

sdanseo wrote: »
    This is a fair hypothetical narrative of what the world thought at that exact time. And very probably exactly what has happened, bar the finer details around what went wrong.

A fairer summary, based on reporting now available, is that the whole "attack" was orchestrated to be a token retaliation, just weak enough for Trump to ignore and maintain his character, while probably being wholly propagandised within Iran itself as a much more meaningful attack.

Irrelevant, in the context that when the plan was shot down, the person pulling the trigger probably thought like the rest of us that WW3 was about to kick off.

How he couldn't tell the difference between the radar returns of a 738 and a fighter jet that is designed to be stealthy, just speaks to incompetence.

Yeah the fact it was 22 missiles and not 220 definitely was designed to give Trump an out.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    I was wondering if it was maybe a bomb onboard? Wouldn't that also make sense of someone randomly recoding it?

Two way out there suggestions only suggestions

One anti revolutionaries shoot the plane down making the Iranians look like total idiots

If it was recording before it was targeted would a possible assignation be a motivate.

Not something I would normally post but I'm having a great time reading people running around in circles trying to find a way to blame anyone but Iranian military

Advertisement