Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    It's a sign of the times that people bought into the media narrative in the first place that it was a technical error.

What has happened to people being able to think for themselves. I suppose it explains how buffoons like Trump get elected.

You'd rather people instantly went with their biases instead of waiting for confirmation?

A technical error is neutral and was said by Ukraine at the start. I think it's sadder that instantly, people were fighting based entirely on their leanings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Gatling wrote: »
    Two way out there suggestions only suggestions

One anti revolutionaries shoot the plane down making the Iranians look like total idiots

If it was recording before it was targeted would a possible assignation be a motivate.

Not something I would normally post but I'm having a great time reading people running around in circles trying to find a way to blame anyone but Iranian military

If you read the guardians main news story they have already blamed Trump for the shoot down. That’s the mentality you are dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Boggles wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Airlines_Flight_409

This is very similar.

Probable cause put down to pilot error.

Suppose one difference here, it wasn't over a potential war zone. Interesting read though.

pearcider wrote: »
    If you read the guardians main news story they have already blamed Trump for the shoot down. That’s the mentality you are dealing with.

Just quote it, please. There are multiple threads going here and no one is going to actually go find that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

You'd rather people instantly went with their biases instead of waiting for confirmation?

A technical error is neutral and was said by Ukraine at the start. I think it's sadder that instantly, people were fighting based entirely on their leanings.

It was very obvious that the plane had suffered a catastrophic hit given what was happening in the area, the fragmented marks on the airframe (similar to MH17) and the video that showed it coming down in a fireball. All evidence that was available within hours of the accident. No biases, but in this case the evidence was strongly against the media narrative.

I don't know why Ukraine came out with that statement so early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Trudeau has just claimed intelligence from various Intel sources would suggest Iran shot it down with a surface to air missile

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Read something on the aviation thread , apparently bulldozers were supposedly used to destroy the impact site ,
    Similar was tried by Russians at the MH-17 site ,actually there was videos showing cranes to pick up parts of the fuselage and repeatedly slamming it in to the ground and violently shaking it to remove shrapnel from the buk missile

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

It only took off from the runway 3 minutes before the missile hit it, just outside of the capital Tehran.

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1215352457972404226

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ps752#23732569

I can't imagine the people responsible being anyone other than the Iranian military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

It only took off from the runway 3 minutes before the missile hit it, just outside of the capital Tehran.

I can't imagine the people responsible being anyone other than the Iranian military.

That's definitely a missile going to hit something, has the video been confirmed? I thought the plane came down in flames?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Let me guess, absolutely nothing will happen to Iran because "too afraid of World War 3." Sanctions and condemnations coming folks.

So you and I, the average man and woman, must slave away our entire lives under endless nonsense laws and red tape and bureaucracy, under threat of punishment, apparently - supposedly - all because "that's just how the system works," but if you have enough weapons and call yourself a "government" you get to massacre hundreds of innocent people, with the world leaders, the same ones who come up with the bureaucracy average people must slave away under, stuffing their hands in their pockets and looking the other way because it would be too much trouble to do anything about it.

**** human civilization and everything in it. **** it straight to the pits of hell.

Remember according to Iran the aircraft was returning to the airport with technical difficulties ,yet fightradar24 shows it flying relatively straight (open to correction)
    And wasn't returning to the airport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

There some issues i see what that video.
    A plane does not fly in dark with no lights. The only way that happens if something has happened to knock out the power on the plane..
    Sabotage - tech failure?.
    If the plane flying dark, its a UFO and would alert the defences that there something up in the air, making noise, that flying without lights?
    Curious video.

If the plane flying dark, its a UFO and would alert the defences that there something up in the air, making noise, that flying without lights?

Ehhhhhh

No, just no

Ehhhhhh

No, just no

Commercial planes have beacons and lights they don't fly in darkness without it.

Commercial planes have beacons and lights they don't fly in darkness without it.

Commercial airlines don't look like fighter jets even in the dark.

(Why do I do this to myself)

Commercial airlines don't look like fighter jets even in the dark.

(Why do I do this to myself)

Don't be ridiculous. We see a missile or projectile heading up into darkness, then a burst of light and a flash. If the plane was flying there you see the beacon and lights before the hit. The video is either some other event, or the airplane lost power. This activated the Iranian air defences and they shot it down. The plane went dark on the radar screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Boggles wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Airlines_Flight_409

This is very similar.

Probable cause put down to pilot error.

You are a funny guy.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51055219
    Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he had received intelligence from multiple sources indicating that the plane was shot down by an Iranian surface-to air missile, adding that it was possible that this was unintentional.

"This reinforces the need for a thorough investigation," he said. "Canadians have questions and they deserve answers."

markodaly wrote: »

Bellingcat video is revealing something that would solve why the plane crashed..
    It shows an object hitting something in complete darkness.
    My theory the plane lost power and transponder and Iranian defences locked on and shot it out of the sky. 
    Again this merely a theory based on what i see in the video. Other people may have a different opinion about that video. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

It’s scary how demented some of the lefties are in here. If there was a suicide bombing in Dublin tomorrow I honestly believe you’d have the same people in here defending the islamists and saying well what about the those evil Yankees making black people sit at the back of the bus in the 1940s??? We clearly deserved it!

Your world must be incredibly simple. The world isn't simple and simple sound bites like yours are incorrect.

Iran most likely shot it down too bad but WTF has this to do with "Islamists"?

The vast majority of Islamists are Sunni - supported by the Saudis, Qataris, Pakistan or Turkey. Yes, Turkey, a NATO member, ally of the US. Currently illegally occupying part of Syria and clearing it off the Kurds (and any non-Sunni).

Iranianis are Shia not Sunni and all Sunnis, lead by the Saudis (and basically all other Arabs) hate them. They are surrounded by Arabic nations who want to stomp them to the ground.

I'm not a defender of Iran, but look at the Saudis etc. They are at least as despicable despotic middle ages absolutist theocratic regime as Iran, just in a different way. Hope you are aware Saudi are essentially an absolutist monarchy. Only because Saudis control oil, the US and the allies stick heads into their arse. And then there is Israel, this whole Iran-Israel-Saudi-Turkey thing is very complicated.

I'll be honest - if this bloody part of the world didn't have oil we wouldn't have to even talk about this backward desert hell hole. Nobody would give a damn. Just because the US, the West are dependent on oil, we have to be repeatedly brought into their stupid sectarian Sunni-Shia-Hebrew proxy wars. We had that during Middle Ages in Europe and we have had enough of this crap. Some reminiscence of that in the NI sectarian nonsense actually. Hopefully it's all over.

Luckily, the EU are moving rapidly from dependence on middle-eastern oil and hopefully oil overall and started telling off Saudis and become more assertive diplomatically. Unlike the US. More balanced position is required. And that doesn't mean pro-Iran!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Bellingcat video is revealing something that would solve why the plane crashed..
    It shows an object hitting something in complete darkness?
    My theory the plane lost power and transponder and Iranian defences locked on and shot it out of the sky. 
    Again this merely a theory based on what i see in the video. Other people may have different opinion about that video. 

It’s probably just the phone camera adjusting it’s light levels to the brighter elements and losing less bright elements, like the plane’s lights, into the darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

alastair wrote: »
    It’s probably just the phone camera adjusting it’s light levels to the brighter elements and losing less bright elements, like the plane’s lights, into the darkness.

Low res or poor lens yes, could be.

Don't be ridiculous. We see a missile or projectile heading up into darkness, then a burst of light and a flash. If the plane was flying there you see the beacon and lights before the hit. The video is either some other event, or the airplane lost power. This activated the Iranian air defences and they shot it down. The plane went dark on the radar screen?

I'm done

Seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I cant actually see that in the video. I'm not saying they didn't shoot it down i just cant see anything in the video. Viewing it on a phone though

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The following posters are definitely on final warnings now -
    Discuss the topic, and not other posters.
    Attack the post, not the poster

Cop on!

The poster you're replying to has made multiple outlandish statements that have been proven to be 100% false. I wouldn't go congratulating each other on having some sort of intuition for the truth when Gatling has "missed badly".

Yet Irish boardsies who were cheering the massive Iranian assault which damaged a few tents and then they shot down an airliner and the same posters making excuse after excuse but but but ,
    Iran won apparently
    It’s scary how demented some of the lefties are in here. If there was a suicide bombing in Dublin tomorrow I honestly believe you’d have the same people in here defending the islamists and saying well what about the those evil Yankees making black people sit at the back of the bus in the 1940s??? We clearly deserved it!
    alastair wrote: »
    Again - figments of your imagination are about you, nobody else.
    skallywag wrote: »
    I really cannot see how someone over the age of 13 would think that they did it on purpose.
    Billy Mays wrote: »
    Go out and get some air ffs
    McGiver wrote: »
    Your world must be incredibly simple. The world isn't simple and simple sound bites like yours are incorrect.
    Not that there's any excuse for any of the rest of you

seannash wrote: »
    I cant actually see that in the video. I'm not saying they didn't shoot it down i just cant see anything in the video. Viewing it on a phone though

I just don't see any bright light, yet we can do see the missile/ or projectile head up to whatever is there?  I expect to see a beacon flash from the airplane when traveling and some light in the distance (faded) not complete darkness? We likely find out soon enough if the plane lost power with the CVR, if not damaged?

That speck of light is the missile coming up from the ground.
    499625.png

Phone brightest/contrast or even angle of plane could offset the light. Seems pretty conclusive though. We shall wait and see.

Best thing the Iranians could do would be come out and admit it now. Damage control. I doubt their populace will believe the cover story, but who knows.

This looks to be a genuine video from Iran, i think the other one another incident.

https://twitter.com/IranianPatriot/status/1215389367356854280

The working theory is an Iranian Soviet era missile hit the aircraft, taking out the engine, they desperately tried to return to the airport, but exploded into flames as seen.

• Advertisement

Some sources are saying two missiles were fired. That video may only have got the second impact. First. Impact. May have taken out electrical equipment.

Advertisement