Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

How on earth did they shoot it down? Were they trying to frame the USA?
    I don't get it, how could you mistake that for anything other than a jet, they must have tracked its movements from take off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I don't get it, how could you mistake that for anything other than a jet, they must have tracked its movements from take off.

I'd say a combination of nerves, expecting a US retaliation, poor training.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The guys who fired the missle by accident are going to be executed very soon, one would think.
    Anyone the latest offical Iranian version of events? Are they still denying it was a missle and that it was a technical failure?

Its kinda unbelievable in a way. The Americans kill one of the Iranian top generals and some of his entourage, yet the Iranian fallout from this has killed multiple more Iranian citizens than the intial attack (Stampede killed 56, Plane shot down killed 176).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

From take off to being shot down I believe it was claimed it took 3 minutes .

180 seconds who ever pulled the trigger how long did he check or monitor before going for the kill ,a few seconds ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    From take off to being shot down I believe it was claimed it took 3 minutes .

180 seconds who ever pulled the trigger how long did he check or monitor before going for the kill ,a few seconds ?

The second video i posted it legit. It was used by CBS news.

There actually no evidence of missiles coming up from the ground to hit the plane.

All you see the plane light, and then burst into flames. Missiles tend to be bright/ due to Engine when they're climbing to high attitudes.

There no evidence of another light approaching the airplane.
    https://twitter.com/IranianPatriot/status/1215389367356854280"]https://twitter.com/IranianPatriot/status/1215389367356854280[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Ah it was an accident. Ok lads. No bother. Dont do it again.

Bollicks was it an accident. I refuse to believe that accidents like this just happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

What ever your view of the situation with Iran V US people should try to look coldly at what happened and come to some rational reading of events.
    There was a heightened state of alert and most likely a lot of scared excited air defense crews. Lots of rumors and false alerts and an imminent threat of heavy US retaliation. Maybe the crews were told no civilian air craft would be in their vicinity, who knows.In those circumstance it is not unlikely that a jumpy air defense crew misidentified the aircraft and shot it down mistakenly.

Bollicks was it an accident. I refuse to believe that accidents like this just happen.

Rationally what do you think happened? Why do you believe accidents never happen? Anyone in the military will tell you that at these times of maximum alert accidents happen all the time. Ever here of friendly fire?

Sure many are still claiming it didn't happen because Iran carried out a full investigation and found it crashed due to technical difficulties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Baseball72

My own thinking on this - the Iranians shot the aircraft down by mistake - human error, panick, whatever...tragic that nearly 200 people died as avresultbof heightened tensions in the region.
    The full story will come out at some stage. The main players need to step back, let the investigators investigate......no winners here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Baseball72 wrote: »
    My own thinking on this - the Iranians shot the aircraft down by mistake - human error, panick, whatever...tragic that nearly 200 people died as avresultbof heightened tensions in the region.
    The full story will come out at some stage. The main players need to step back, let the investigators investigate......no winners here .

They may have thought there were Americans on board.

Sure many are still claiming it didn't happen because Iran carried out a full investigation and found it crashed due to technical difficulties

Gatling you may end up wrong.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said the idea that such a mistake could have happened — suggested by President Trump during a news conference Thursday and reported by multiple U.S. media outlets at that point — is simply "impossible."

We are at a point that satellite images can read our [license] plate numbers, so if there was a missile hitting a plane, then ... the satellite footage would have been available," Iranian presidential spokesman Ali Rabie told NPR's Mary Louise Kelly on Thursday.

"Apart from that, we have the 'black box' [flight data recordings]. We have asked the government of Ukraine to come, and we can give them the black box and analyze it together. Everything will become clear that it was just an accident."

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/09/794863678/we-will-surely-find-out-the-truth-questions-linger-about-jet-crash-in-iran?t=1578615592171

The video, for me, proves Iran correct. No missile hit that plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Gatling you may end up wrong.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said the idea that such a mistake could have happened — suggested by President Trump during a news conference Thursday and reported by multiple U.S. media outlets at that point — is simply "impossible."

We are at a point that satellite images can read our [license] plate numbers, so if there was a missile hitting a plane, then ... the satellite footage would have been available," Iranian presidential spokesman Ali Rabie told NPR's Mary Louise Kelly on Thursday.

"Apart from that, we have the 'black box' [flight data recordings]. We have asked the government of Ukraine to come, and we can give them the black box and analyze it together. Everything will become clear that it was just an accident."

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/09/794863678/we-will-surely-find-out-the-truth-questions-linger-about-jet-crash-in-iran?t=1578615592171

The video, for me, proves Iran correct. No missile hit that plane.

Jesus Christ .......

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Baseball72

True, but they could have checked the passenger manifest - they had all the information available to them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

They may have thought there were Americans on board.

On a plane leaving their own airport bound for Ukraine?

Why would they think that?

LillySV wrote: »
    Jesus Christ .......

You got video evidence of the plane flying i just posted it. Missiles don't fly in darkness, they are bright objects in the sky when climbing. I feel confident Iran correct it was not a missile strike. Black box will reveal a lot more about the incident and Iranians are inviting the Ukrainians in to analyse the data together. You have already convicted the Iranians and have not seen any west evidence to prove a missile hit the plane.

If the Ukrainians go to Iran and are not happy with what they are seeing, then we talk about a cover up.

There Iranians so far are doing everything right.

The Iranian Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau has invited the Transportation Safety Board of Canada (TSB) to go to the Ukrainian airliner crash site in Tehran, according to a release from TSB.

The TSB has accepted the invitation and is making arrangements to travel to the site, where the board will work with other groups and organizations already on site, the release said.

https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/iran-plane-crash-investigation/index.html

noodler wrote: »
    On a plane leaving their own airport bound for Ukraine?

Why would they think that?

I made a similar post after seeing the conspiracy theory thread ,
    But when you look at the facts so far 3 minutes from take off to being shotdown , they must have tracked the plane the second it lifted off the runway , you could see how it could look like this particular aircraft was taken out for a specific reason,

Now my personal opinion and I stand by this 100% Iran shot down the aircraft , through sheer Idiotic negligence they shot it down,
    I was one of the first people to say that Iran shot it down early yesterday ,
    But imagine what would have happened if they shot down multiple civilian airliners would we still have serial denials

But imagine what would have happened if they shot down multiple civilian airliners would we still have serial denials

You said yesterday that they probably shot it down with a missile that they fired at a US air base. Do you still hold to that view?

• Advertisement

You said yesterday that they probably shot it down with a missile that they fired at a US air base. Do you still hold to that view?

I said they shot it down multiple times and yes I stand behind my posts 100%

If you think we're doing this again and again I'm just going to report posts ,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You got video evidence of the plane flying i just posted it. Missiles don't fly in darkness, they are bright objects in the sky when climbing. I feel confident Iran correct it was not a missile strike. Black box will reveal a lot more about the incident and Iranians are inviting the Ukrainians in to analyse the data together. You have already convicted the Iranians and have not seen any west evidence to prove a missile hit the plane.

If the Ukrainians go to Iran and are not happy with what they are seeing, then we talk about a cover up.

Most reports coming out tonight are clearly stating that it was a missle that hit and brought down this airplane.

Justrin Trudeau (who hates Trump with a passion) gave a press conference to this fact.

https://apnews.com/1cf3a9656804672b4ddd72190dcfee22
    “We have intelligence from multiple sources including our allies and our own intelligence. The evidence indicates that the plane was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile,” Trudeau told a news conference.

He added: “This may well have been unintentional.”

To parrot the Iranian version in this instance is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Iran should just come out and admit if they shot down the plane by accident or allow an independent third party to do the investigation. Sure they will have to pay compensation but they were obviosuly spooked that the americans were going to attack. Amazing they still have commercial flights beside the war Zone that is Iraq.

I made a similar post after seeing the conspiracy theory thread ,
    But when you look at the facts so far 3 minutes from take off to being shotdown , they must have tracked the plane the second it lifted off the runway , you could see how it could look like this particular aircraft was taken out for a specific reason,

Now my personal opinion and I stand by this 100% Iran shot down the aircraft , through sheer Idiotic negligence they shot it down,

Why do you think your speculation carries more weight than anyone elses? Makes no sense at all.

You said? You guessed. That’s what you did. Along with all the other people with no knowledge of the facts, no evidence at all and only uneducated opinions to present as though there any authority behind them.

If the TSB conduct or audit the analysis of the FDR, we find out the facts. Until then, opinions are proverbials.

I said they shot it down multiple times and yes I stand behind my posts 100%

If you think we're doing this again and again I'm just going to report posts ,

How can they shoot down a plane multiple times? surely it can only be shot down once.

I was just asking are you sticking to your view that it was hit by a missile fired at US air bases or have you a different opinion now?

Amazing they still have commercial flights beside the war Zone that is Iraq.

America closed airspace to civilian traffic the other night to try make sure no aircraft was hit by accident ,but Iran who launched up to 30 missiles towards Iraq in a pre arranged and pre planned strike but they didn't close their own airspace and then shot down an airliner in their own country in 3 minutes from take off to shooting down.

JayZeus wrote: »
    Why do you think your speculation carries more weight than anyone elses? Makes no sense at all.

You said? You guessed.

I don't think my posts carry more weight than another person.

But no I didn't guess no ,I said and I stand by what I said ,

I don't think my posts carry more weight than another person.

But no I didn't guess no ,I said and I stand by what I said ,

What you’ve guessed is exactly that, a guess, and no more than that. You might be fully convinced that you know what happened, but you don’t and can’t until the facts are relayed by the relevant independent investigation.

Conspiracy theories or amateurish speculation may be entertainment for some but life has been lost and the facts will become known in due course. At that time I hope you’re prepared the eat your words rather than don a tinfoil hat and hype up a load more nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cosybeach

https://www.businessinsider.com/iran-bulldozers-ukrainian-jet-crash-site-complicate-investigation-2020-1
    case closed nothing to see here this isis like regime has covered up many of its own civilian deaths only problem the world gets see this one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭The gray bird

All know it alls in here

Advertisement