Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If Justin Blackface Trudeau says it was a missile, it was a missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Yes dumbass, people get killed all the time in violent protests all the time especially when it's dangerous rioting and more like a militia group. Remember that girl that was killed in Derry a few months back.

I find this astonishing. The Revolutionary Guard indiscriminately open fire killing people in the thousands, and newly minted Persian affairs experts on boards write it off as some sort of natural consequence of protesting.

Utter clownshoes post.

I don't know who this woman is, but she's Iranian and people like you could do with taking a couple of minutes to digest what she's saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

The second video i posted it legit. It was used by CBS news.

There actually no evidence of missiles coming up from the ground to hit the plane.

All you see the plane light, and then burst into flames. Missiles tend to be bright/ due to Engine when they're climbing to high attitudes.

There no evidence of another light approaching the airplane.
    https://twitter.com/IranianPatriot/status/1215389367356854280"]https://twitter.com/IranianPatriot/status/1215389367356854280[/URL]

It's hard to tell from that video but it looks to me like the plane is on fire from the start of the video and then get worse as the video goes on so may have missed any earlier missile strike. Would also explain why someone driving along a road began to film the situation if they had seen the missile strike or plane already on fire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Perfect timing in my view. After some missile strikes by Iran, USA and allies straight back and shoot down an allied air carriers plane and pin it on Iran , sure who else could it be ???! . Great propaganda smear tactic. Coordinated blame game then using international media . These are experts in warfare . Similar with MH17 ( Ukrainian plane blamed on the bad guy Russians)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

noodler wrote: »
    On a plane leaving their own airport bound for Ukraine?

Why would they think that?

Because they made a mistake. Not in shooting down the plane but in who was on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

youngrun wrote: »
    Perfect timing in my view. After some missile strikes by Iran, USA and allies straight back and shoot down an allied air carriers plane and pin it on Iran , sure who else could it be ???! . Great propaganda smear tactic. Coordinated blame game then using international media . These are experts in warfare . Similar with MH17 ( Ukrainian plane blamed on the bad guy Russians)

That might be how it looks when your head is in the clouds.

Hopefully you have some turkey foil left over from Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

youngrun wrote: »
    I doubt if it was shot down at all, I would prefer a thorough and proper inquiry and not one conducted by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/world/middleeast/iran-plane-crash-ukraine.html

They are saying it was an accident an Iranian missile shot the plane down?

I am lost.

Sky and the new york times ALL say it was definitely an Iranian missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Yurt! wrote: »
    I don't know who this woman is, but she's Iranian and people like you could do with taking a couple of minutes to digest what she's saying.

Meanwhile - in actual Iran:
    https://twitter.com/inqalabiyah/status/1214580178103484421?s=21

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/world/middleeast/iran-plane-crash-ukraine.html

I am lost.

Nobody is suggesting it was an intentional shooting down of an airliner. Well - except for a few fringe elements.

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    Nobody is suggesting it was an intentional shooting down of an airliner. Well - except for a few fringe elements.
    I don't doubt it was on purpose personally.

That would place you on the fringe then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I am lost.

Interesting that the NY Times says that the footage of the alleged shooting down by a missile was from security cameras when it is obvious that it was filmed by a hand held camera?
    Interesting that the alleged shooting down of this Ukrainian plane isn't even worth a mention on the RTE News at One headlines?

alastair wrote: »
    That would place you on the fringe then.

im good with that

Interesting that the NY Times says that the footage of the alleged shooting down by a missile was from security cameras when it is obvious that it was filmed by a hand held camera?
    Interesting that the alleged shooting down of this Ukrainian plane isn't even worth a mention on the RTE News at One headlines?

Trudeau said a lot of the information came from Secret Intelligence. I wonder if that had something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd imagine it will be argued today isn't Friday .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Gatling wrote: »
    I'd imagine it will be argued today isn't Friday .

In some places it isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

In some places it isn't

I've only now discovered that not all time zones are split by the hour :eek:

It's currently 17:33 in Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

GooglePlus wrote: »
    I've only now discovered that not all time zones split by the hour :eek:

Yeah, once upon a time Dublin and Belfast had a 30 min differential from London. It is more accurate but in the modern era it is of little benefit and is only used by certain countries who want to be all billy big balls and pathetically assert their individuality from their neighbours, e.g. Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

GooglePlus wrote: »
    I've only now discovered that not all time zones are split by the hour :eek:

And it's Saturday in Australia:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

And it's Saturday in Australia:D

Still friday in some of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Of course it wasn't on purpose, Iran is seeking to grow ties with central asian countries not aligned with the west which includes increasing traffic through TIK Airport, so doing something like this on purpose would be a hundred different ways of mental from their point of view.

The Iranian military does not have a unitary command structure. Its Air Force, Navy and Republican Guard operate as independent silos, specifically to avoid potential collaboration and sedition against the Islamic Republic. The IIRC have the SA-15 anti aircraft missile system, but not the specific skills to deploy it and it is a crude system that could easily have been involved in a tragic mistake or accident like this.

YES Iran shot the plane down, NO they didn't do it on purpose and NO we won't ever see a detailed investigation with Western involvement.

It'll be a case of move on world to the next news story and be careful what air routes you choose to travel on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Larbre34 wrote: »

YES Iran shot the plane down, NO they didn't do it on purpose and NO we won't ever see a detailed investigation with Western involvement.

Which was the only possible explanation from the moment it happened.

Bizarre how many numpties thought it could have been an accident (on that day in that country!!!) and how many thought the Iranians had purposely taken it down.

There’ll still be some wackos who think the US did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Here's my thoughs on the matter.

1. I don't believe a word that the Iranians say.

2. I don't believe a word that the Americans say.

That said, I haven't a fcuking clue what happened the plane because neither side is trustworthy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Here's my thoughs on the matter.

1. I don't believe a word that the Iranians say.

2. I don't believe a word that the Americans say.

That said, I haven't a fcuking clue what happened the plane because neither side is trustworthy.

then use Occam's Razor and go with the simplest explanation. Use Hanlon's Razor to corroborate.

The explanation which fits both is "Iranian SAM operator ballsed up"

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yeah, once upon a time Dublin and Belfast had a 30 min differential from London. It is more accurate but in the modern era it is of little benefit and is only used by certain countries who want to be all billy big balls and pathetically assert their individuality from their neighbours, e.g. Iran.

Or, eh, Australia.

Bizarre how many numpties thought it could have been an accident (on that day in that country!!!) and how many thought the Iranians had purposely taken it down.

It could have been an accident. The notion that the odds of a non-military-related accident shift simply because there’s an increased chance of a military-related-incident is what’s really bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

....or Mossad. Sneaky, sneaky mossad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Apparently Iran has now used bulldozers to clear up the crash site.

Seems they take the phrase 'cover up' literally.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Fonny122

I'm not sure if the moderators would prefer another thread or not for this, but it's unfortunate timing to put it mildly yet will probably generate less than % of the outrage caused bySoulemainis killing or Iran shooting down the plane (and let's be real here, it could hardly have been anyone else) - https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/strike-targeting-taliban-commander-civilian-casualties-200109165736421.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Fonny122 wrote: »
    I'm not sure

And this is related to Iran shooting down of flight 752

No?

Advertisement