Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight 752 brought down by Iran - mod warning in |OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Gatling wrote: »
    Has he physically examined and handled the FDR apparently he's not currently in Iran

Why would somebody who is a university professor of safety and accident travel to Iran to handle pieces of equipment when the proper criterion has been carried out and confirmed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No not really...

Google didn't tell ya ?

Anti aircraft missiles do not hit, they explode when within a certain range of the aircraft and the shrapnel does the work. As boards resident military expert I would think you would be well up on this sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No not really...

Google didn't tell ya ?

Yes, really. And once again - the Iranian missiles didn’t ‘miss’.

alastair wrote: »

I did mention the unlikelihood of a genuine discussion to you :)

The missile definitely hit what they were aimed at. Even The Donald acknowledged that

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

charlie14 wrote: »
    Graham Braithwaite, what would he know with him only being a professor of safety and accident at Cranfield University.
    I`m sure some of our resident experts here are much better qualified to speak on the matter:rolleyes:
    Anti aircraft missiles do not hit, they explode when within a certain range of the aircraft and the shrapnel does the work. /QUOTE]

As I said timber anti aircraft missile don't actually hit the aircraft it's there in black and in my post

Don't know why your trying to have a go

• Advertisement

Flight 752 that's what I've been saying for days Iranian missile shot it down

Anti aircraft missiles do not hit, they explode when within a certain range of the aircraft and the shrapnel does the work. /QUOTE]

As I said timber anti aircraft missile don't actually hit the aircraft it's there in black and in my post

Don't know why your trying to have a go

And I dont know why you are sending posts meant for someone else to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

There have been suggestions of a cyber attack on Iranian weapons system from Irish expert. Also possibility of a bomb onboard. I've seen a video deliberately doctored to show a second missile flying towards the plane, just to show how easy it is to doctor these videos. He also said Iran are following procedure, bodies and belongings first, then the plane parts moved to a location where they piece it back together.

Flight 752 that's what I've been saying for days Iranian missile shot it down

We definitely know Iranian missiles hit two US bases in Iraq. Even Trump has confirmed it, and we also know none were intercepted.
    We still do not know for certain what brought down Flight 752.

And I dont know why you are sending posts meant for someone else to me.

I quoted two post one which mentioned a specific person and FDRs,
    An expert who hasn't physically examined the flight 752 FDR and who is currently not in Iran ,

No idea why someone would quote an expert who isn't part of a current investigation -bizzare

• Advertisement

There have been suggestions of a cyber attack on Iranian weapons system from Irish expert. Also possibility of a bomb onboard. I've seen a video deliberately doctored to show a second missile flying towards the plane, just to show how easy it is to doctor these videos. He also said Iran are following procedure, bodies and belongings first, then the plane parts moved to a location where they piece it back together.

The Iranian Civil Avaiation Authority have done exactly what is laid down in the International Civil Aviation Organisation protocols (Annex 13) on aircraft accidents and incidents.

An expert who hasn't physically examined the flight 752 FDR and who is currently not in Iran ,

No idea why someone would quote an expert who isn't part of a current investigation -bizzare

I’m sure you don’t. You claimed that air crash investigators shouldn’t be clearing the crash site so quickly - well here’s an expert stating that, if the flight recorders are okay, then you can clear the site quickly. Glad to help.

We still do not know for certain what brought down Flight 752.

It was shot down with a missile there is zero evidence to back up anything else.

The aircraft was not suffering technical difficulties ,no comms from the pilots declaring an emergency ,
    There was no engine fire that caused the aircraft to return to the airport no comms from the pilots declaring an emergency ,
    A plane just can't turn around and return to an airport without talking to the air traffic control tower ,who in turn would need to clear the air space and ensure a safe path to specific runway.

180 seconds from the moment the aircraft lifted off a runway till it was shotdown.

As you obviously have no understand what the international protocols and procedures on aircraft accidents and incidents are, it`s nothing to do with bizarre.

It to do with you not knowing what you are talking about.

It was shot down with a missile there is zero evidence to back up anything else.

The aircraft was not suffering technical difficulties ,no comms from the pilots declaring an emergency ,
    There was no engine fire that caused the aircraft to return to the airport no comms from the pilots declaring an emergency ,
    A plane just can't turn around and return to an airport without talking to the air traffic control tower ,who in turn would need to clear the air space and ensure a safe path to specific runway.

180 seconds from the moment the aircraft lifted off a runway till it was shotdown.

There’s been zero evidence presented related to any possible cause so far. Tomorrow we will learn what the investigators actually know.

well here’s an expert stating that, if the flight recorders are okay,

Yes i did say what I said it's there in front of you and I stand by it.

This expert has not physically examined the FDR and this expert is currently not in Iran or being to Iran

No ?

Yes i did say what I said it's there in front of you and I stand by it.

This expert has not physically examined the FDR and this expert is currently not in Iran or being to Iran

No ?

Standard investigation process knowledge doesn’t require him to be present at any air crash. He’s speaking to the process, not the specific incident. we’ve been told by the investigators in Iran, that the flight recorders are not damaged.

You are questioning why an internationally recognised expert is not in Iran touching a piece of equipment to verify it exists, yet sitting in your armchair you have solved the whole thing yourself without the need for anyone.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

I guess you need a word with the Ethiopians then - who were also using bulldozers to move crash debris about.

More whataboutery. It’s getting old. Just admit Iran is a rogue state. They’re ran by lunatics.

There’s been zero evidence presented related to any possible cause so far.

The evidence is clear Iran is lying and made several claims which were lies .
    They made claims that were debunked in minutes.

Add two separate videos showing the missile strike

Also we get oh Iran has invited an international investigation team to Iran yes , several hours later it's announced Iran is revealing the results of its investigation tomorrow,

Wait we invited an international team ohh we've concluded the investigation and revealing the results tomorrow before the invited international investigation team arrives in Iran.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

notobtuse wrote: »
    Apparently Iran has now used bulldozers to clear up the crash site.

Seems they take the phrase 'cover up' literally.

Its this normal? Are crashes sites cleared by bulldozzers before an investigation team has even had the chance to look at the site?

This seems very off and smells like a cover up.

You are questioning why an internationally recognised expert is not in Iran touching a piece of equipment to verify it exists, yet sitting in your armchair you have solved the whole thing yourself without the need for anyone.

Bizarre.

Remarkable alright. The Iranians who don’t have any capable missiles launched them at air bases in Iraq, which are heavily defended against such attacks, but missed badly, but in the process one or more of them hit an airliner. He’s been 100% correct with his inside knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Who else could have done it ,

The butler in the library or the hand of God

Start of conspiracy theory....

Suppose USA had a black ops team in Iran with orders to embarrass the regime in anyway that could bring about more civil strife aimed at regime change if they could, far fetched, maybe. Plausible, maybe.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bizarre.
    There have been plenty of warnings, now give it a rest and discuss the topic rather than other posters

markodaly wrote: »
    Its this normal? Are crashes sites cleared by bulldozzers before an investigation team has even had the chance to look at the site?

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/france-to-analyze-ethiopian-airlines-fli-idUSKCN1QU2T7

The evidence is clear Iran is lying and made several claims which were lies .
    They made claims that were debunked in minutes.

Add two separate videos showing the missile strike

Also we get oh Iran has invited an international investigation team to Iran yes , several hours later it's announced Iran is revealing the results of its investigation tomorrow,

Wait we invited an international team ohh we've concluded the investigation and revealing the results tomorrow before the invited international investigation team arrives in Iran.

Lol

Yesterday’s news: https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/ukrainian-aviation-experts-arrive-in-tehran-as-crash-versions-multiply.html?cn-reloaded=1
    Early in the day, an operative group of nearly 45 Ukrainian aviation safety experts, both military and civilian, including employees of the Ukrainian International Airlines company, arrived in Tehran to investigate the crash.

Common to move large pieces of debris with large machines ?

Yes it is.

It gone way past that .

But yet still denied

Nobody said that the FDR didn't exist .

But the same expert brought up has not physically examined the FDR in Iran and he's actually not in Iran.

So...

So.... there is no need for him to fly there and touch it.

What would that achieve.

Do you know what a FDR or a CVR actually are

• Advertisement

It gone way past that .

But yet still denied

It’s the cover up taking place under the lens of the media with the involvement of international investigators. The most insidious kind.

Advertisement