Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eir's Fair Use limits for data enforced?

Options
  • 10-01-2020 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Does anyone know if Eir rigidly enforce their fair use limits for their prepay 'No Limits Data' plans??

I need a temporary internet solution for my house and am considering a mobile broadband router with a prepaid Eir sim (they have good coverage near the house) but chances are I will use over 80GB in a month and just want to know how strict they are with the fair use.

I know Three rarely enforce their fair use so they are my second option but have had bad experience with Three's coverage and would prefer to get the best speeds possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Eir enforce the 80GB limit and throttle as soon as you exceed it. They throttle the speed so much that it becomes unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rm92

I had the same issue with three a few years back, coverage went to ****. Switched to eir was great for my first 2 year contract, no issues. A month after signing into a new contract their coverage has gone to absolute dung,barely works. And they enforce the 80gb. Go with three, I wish I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Why not get a few Sims and switch each one after a week ... Doubt you would go over the limit in a week ( I have 30gb a month on a rolling contract with eir for €15month)

For €45 you would have 120gb limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Any update on this? Do eir still throttle and if so to what speed

Advertisement