Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Backup/backup Software

Options
  • 10-01-2020 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭

We had a little bundle of poop and screams joy recently and we're building up quite the collection of photos.

I have a NAS drive and I've created a folder on this. All the photos are going in here and I've an app on the NAS which is backing these up to OneDrive. I have a paid subscription with 6x1TB accounts.

This backup software (I can't remember the name at the moment) seems to save them to OneDrive as backup up files rather than as a copy of the .jpg.

Maybe that's normal?

I would like something that will look in that NAS folder and save a copy of any new/modified photos to the OneDrive account.

Is there any software that does this? I haven't tried the OneDrive local folder set up yet. Used to have it with Google Drive.

Should I be doing it manually? Also would another copy on a USB drive be a good idea or overkill?

Advertisement