Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exercise bike repair?

Options
  • 10-01-2020 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anyone who repairs exercise bikes in Cork? (Yeah, it's that time of year...)

If it's relevant: it's an electrical problem - bike was moved while plugged in and the small electrical socket on the bike got yanked and broke. The bike doesn't power on, so I can't add resistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

who_me wrote: »
    Does anyone know anyone who repairs exercise bikes in Cork? (Yeah, it's that time of year...)

If it's relevant: it's an electrical problem - bike was moved while plugged in and the small electrical socket on the bike got yanked and broke. The bike doesn't power on, so I can't add resistance.

Have you a picture? Could be a handy DIY fix, or any place that does electrical repairs could sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭mikeecho

You could just bodge it.
    Take off the connectors and twist the wires together.

Put up a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Thanks Yeah, I'm not much of a DIY person, but I tried to give it a shot.

I can't see how to get the plastic cover off to get at the socket from the inside, can't get it off over the pedals. Can't see how the pedals are detached from the pedal levers, and the pedal levers themselves are extremely tightly attached so can't see how they're removed either.

I'll post a photo later.

Advertisement