Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two step verification texts not working with Virgin Media

• 10-01-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone had this issue?

For two step verification where you get a text sent to your phone to log in on an account i.e gmail, psplus etc.

This is no longer working with Virgin Mobile and they have confirmed it on whatsapp chat but won't give me an ETA on fixing this.

I'm considering moving networks now if this isn't fixed soon.

I would have thought this would be a bigger issue if it affects the whole network.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Thought it was more likely to never have worked than to stop working. In fact from various reports online, it seemed that it didn't ever work on VM for many customers. Only practical option is to either switch to another network or get a PAYG SIM from another network to use for 2FA. Three is possibly the best option as it remains active without topping up (except for an initial top up when buying the SIM).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

It actually worked great up until the end of November.

I have a Dual Sim phone so I will likely do that with the PAYG.

Very annoying though because it is a hassle to disable the two step verification for some accounts.

Advertisement