If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Return - Status open - Sent on Wednesday

Options
  • 10-01-2020 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Dear Team,

Your team has been helpful. However, unfortunately I had to return a TV 2 days ago due to backlight bleeding issues. I am yet to hear from them. As the courier guy came directly instead of usual 1 hour notice, TV stand was stuck. He was helpful and said he will pack before sending to Richer Sounds.

Been 3 days now since Wednesday, request you to share status and refund status. We want to buy a New TV at the earliest.  

We assumed status will be shared promptly. Order Number <Snipped by Moderator>

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi tvfann,

I have snipped your order number from your post above, personal information of any kind should not be posted on this forum - this is included in the Charter for this forum and as a new user to the RS forum I would encourage you to have a read of the Charter to acquaint yourself with the forum's posting standards.

I have copied your post (including the Order Number) to RS in a Private Message and I'm sure someone will respond to your query during business hours tomorrow.

Also, as a new user on Boards generally, I would encourage you to read the Boards FAQ for new users (https://www.boards.ie/faq) -  it's a useful general guide for newcomers.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

tvfann wrote: »
    Dear Team,

Your team has been helpful. However, unfortunately I had to return a TV 2 days ago due to backlight bleeding issues. I am yet to hear from them. As the courier guy came directly instead of usual 1 hour notice, TV stand was stuck. He was helpful and said he will pack before sending to Richer Sounds.

Been 3 days now since Wednesday, request you to share status and refund status. We want to buy a New TV at the earliest.  

Thanks a million.
    Hi tvfann,

Could you please send me a PM with your name and contact number so I can find your details on the system and look into this further?

I do recall receiving an email on Thursday afternoon confirming that a TV had been collected and the stand was attached. I emailed back to say that we would be in contact as soon as the TV was returned to the store. The TV has not returned to the store yet, I would expect it here on Monday but if we don't have it by Monday morning we will chase this up. We do not have deliveries on Saturday or Sunday.

Unfortunately it can take a few days to return a TV to the store as our store is based in Belfast and the TV needs to be transferred between depots.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tvfann

Dear Team,

Thanks a million.
    Hi tvfann,

Could you please send me a PM with your name and contact number so I can find your details on the system and look into this further?

I do recall receiving an email on Thursday afternoon confirming that a TV had been collected and the stand was attached. I emailed back to say that we would be in contact as soon as the TV was returned to the store. The TV has not returned to the store yet, I would expect it here on Monday but if we don't have it by Monday morning we will chase this up. We do not have deliveries on Saturday or Sunday.

Unfortunately it can take a few days to return a TV to the store as our store is based in Belfast and the TV needs to be transferred between depots.

Kind regards

David
    I just responded. TV was sent on Wednesday, after courior person assured that he will take off last screw from the TV and send it in normal condition. I was worried thus and hence this message. Appreciate your PM. Hope all is sorted soon :-)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dear Team,

Thanks a million.
    Hi tvfann,

Kind regards

David
    I just responded. TV was sent on Wednesday, after courior person assured that he will take off last screw from the TV and send it in normal condition. I was worried thus and hence this message. Appreciate your PM. Hope all is sorted soon :-)
    Hi TVFann.

I will need to check this with the courier as this is not something they normally do.
    The courier can not be responsible for packaging the Television back up and that is to done by the customer as stated in our terms and conditions.

Was the TV not put in its box when the courier collected it? 
    Where all the accessories including the remote returned in the box?
    How was the TV packaged when the courier collected it?
    This is the first I myself am hearing about this so sorry for any questions.

If the TV was not ready and repackaged then unfortunately the driver should not have collected it.
    I will investigate this with our courier on Monday when they reopen and find out where the collected TV currently is and if it was indeed repackage as the driver said.

It just worries me now that the TV has been in transit without the proper packaging and could very easily get damaged or the screen broken.
    Unfortunately if this did happen it would be yourself that would be liable as per our terms and conditions.

Dear Team,

Thanks a million.
    Hi tvfann,

Kind regards

David
    Hi TVFann.

I will need to check this with the courier as this is not something they normally do.
    The courier can not be responsible for packaging the Television back up and that is to done by the customer as stated in our terms and conditions.

If the TV was not ready and repackaged then unfortunately the driver should not have collected it.
    I will investigate this with our courier on Monday when they reopen and find out where the collected TV currently is and if it was indeed repackage as the driver said.

It just worries me now that the TV has been in transit without the proper packaging and could very easily get damaged or the screen broken.
    Unfortunately if this did happen it would be yourself that would be liable as per our terms and conditions.

I am worried as well. I have a stress condition and this is making it worse.

Off course not your fault, I relied in representation by some one and now bearing the burn. Hope nothing gets damaged - 450e is a lot of money nearly 1 Month food for a small family.

Nevertheless, here is the sequence. He called a day prior and said he will come with 1 hour notice. Which he did during TV delivery. For pick-up he arrived unaccounted in parking - CCTV recording available.

I asked him to allow time to pack TV. He buzzed again after few mins - Not enough to pack TV. He wanted to take TV as it is. 

I told him I am not comfortable as it may get damaged. He called someone at RS and checked if he can move TV in box with stand outside the box. He assured he will properly pack before RS delivery. He comforted that he drives without Box TVs returned by many people and nothing gets damaged ever.

He also said that this is usual as someone people do no even have box to pack TV. I have included all accessories, books, remotes, screws and packing material. He has (mis)represented and for damage, I shall rely on his (mis)representation and fact that he holds a agency relationship with RS. 

All events were recorded including me being reluctant to hand over the TV. 

Hope all ends well as I do not want to impact him or any company involved.

PS: TV Was in box, it was stand which was exposed. A promise on his side is a legally enforceable verbal contract and super-cedes any T&C

I would not want any party involved suffer loss due to lack of understanding or false assurances given off-course with no intention to hurt..

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Dear Team,

Thanks a million.
    Hi tvfann,

Kind regards

David
    Hi TVFann.

Here is the sequence. He called a day prior and said he will come with 1 hour notice. Which he did during TV delivery. For pick-up he arrived unaccounted in parking - CCTV recording available.

I asked him to allow time to pack TV. He buzzed again after few mins - Not enough to pack TV. He wanted to take TV as it is. 

I told him I am not comfortable as it may get damaged. He called someone at RS and checked if he can move TV in box with stand outside the box. He assured he will properly pack before RS delivery. He comforted that he drives without Box TV and nothing gets damaged ever.

He also said that this is usual as someone people do no even have box to pack TV. I have included all accessories, books, remotes, screws and packing material. He has (mis)represented and for damage, I shall rely on his misrepresentation and fact that he holds a agency relationship with RS. 

PS: TV Was in box, it was stand which was exposed. A promise on his side is a legally enforceable verbal contract and super-cedes any T&C.

I would not want any party involved suffer loss due to lack of understanding or false assurances given off-course with no intention to hurt.

Thanks,
    Hi TVFann.

I'm not going to repost our last PM to you as we are now just repeating the same thing over two different platforms and the reply on our part stays the same.

There was ample time to package the TV correctly as the issue was reported 4 days before the collection took place.
    You even say the driver told you which day it would be collected so again there would have been at least one day to get the TV ready for collection.
    The courier does not have time to wait around while goods get package up as they should have been ready for him coming when you knew the TV was due for collection it should have at that point been repackage awaiting the driver.

I have now launched an investigation here at Richersound (I'm the store Manager) to find out who the driver spoke to as I find it hard to believe any of my sales colleagues would tell him that was fine as they all know our T&C's and this is not fine at all. If one of my team did tell him this we would have to start a disciplinary procedure as this is a pretty serious breach of our T&C's.
    I have also requested that the courier investigate with the driver who he called at this end.

We here at Richersounds have NEVER collected a TV from any customer without it being packaged correctly and I have also asked the courier to explain why the driver told you this as this is not true at all.
    We even ship out empty boxes to customers to avoid this ever happening.

You say all events are recorded at your end would you happen to have the recorded audio of him telling you this? This would be very helpful to show to the courier.

As I said before we have terms and conditions and the contract of sale is between you and ourselves (Richersounds) which you have not followed for the return of your purchase.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable regarding this but we do have terms and conditions for a reason that must be followed or we would end up with all sorts of damaged and smashed items coming back to us if items could just be returned in any condition.

I will follow this up with the courier on Monday to see were the TV currently is and on its current condition.
    I'll be in touch as soon as I can get an update on the TV and hopefully we can resolve this without incident.

Dear Team,

Thanks a million.
    Hi tvfann,

Kind regards

David
    Hi TVFann.

Here is the sequence. He called a day prior and said he will come with 1 hour notice. Which he did during TV delivery. For pick-up he arrived unaccounted in parking - CCTV recording available.

I told him I am not comfortable as it may get damaged. He called someone at RS and checked if he can move TV in box with stand outside the box. He assured he will properly pack before RS delivery. He comforted that he drives without Box TV and nothing gets damaged ever.

He also said that this is usual as someone people do no even have box to pack TV. I have included all accessories, books, remotes, screws and packing material. He has (mis)represented and for damage, I shall rely on his misrepresentation and fact that he holds a agency relationship with RS. 

PS: TV Was in box, it was stand which was exposed. A promise on his side is a legally enforceable verbal contract and super-cedes any T&C.

I would not want any party involved suffer loss due to lack of understanding or false assurances given off-course with no intention to hurt.

Thanks,
    Hi TVFann.

I'm not going to repost our last PM to you as we are now just repeating the same thing over two different platforms and the reply on our part stays the same.

There was ample time to package the TV correctly as the issue was reported 4 days before the collection took place.
    You even say the driver told you which day it would be collected so again there would have been at least one day to get the TV ready for collection.
    The courier does not have time to wait around while goods get package up as they should have been ready for him coming when you knew the TV was due for collection it should have at that point been repackage awaiting the driver.

I have now launched an investigation here at Richersound (I'm the store Manager) to find out who the driver spoke to as I find it hard to believe any of my sales colleagues would tell him that was fine as they all know our T&C's and this is not fine at all. If one of my team did tell him this we would have to start a disciplinary procedure as this is a pretty serious breach of our T&C's.
    I have also requested that the courier investigate with the driver who he called at this end.

We here at Richersounds have NEVER collected a TV from any customer without it being packaged correctly and I have also asked the courier to explain why the driver told you this as this is not true at all.

You say all events are recorded at your end would you happen to have the recorded audio of him telling you this? This would be very helpful to show to the courier.

As I said before we have terms and conditions and the contract of sale is between you and ourselves (Richersounds) which you have not followed for the return of your purchase.

I'm not trying to be unreasonable regarding this but we do have terms and conditions for a reason that must be followed or we would end up with all sorts of damaged and smashed items coming back to us if items could just be returned in any condition.

I will follow this up with the courier on Monday to see were the TV currently is and on its current condition.
    I'll be in touch as soon as I can get an update on the TV and hopefully we can resolve this without incident.

Hi There,

THIS WHEN I TOLD YOU HAVE A STRESS SITUATION? THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL HUMANE BEHAVIOUR? I am sad at this BLAME GAME when even the damage is not there. Unless you know of it. 2 Days are enough for your team to track package as well which you guys failed to do so - Did I say so?

Let's appreciate I was honest here to inform RS about all things. Ample time is not something RS or you will define. I was on sick leave even on day he arrived to pick-up. Shall I share office attendance records? This is disgrace that you are pointing fingers at me. Seems you are hiding something here.

There is nothing personal - We are all trying to solve a situation. If you do not trust me, check CCTV recording. Why would a driver wait at my gate if he was on time.

He told me he will call an hour before collection - Why ignore his promise? Why support this.

I was on medical sick leave - Office Records will prove that. So lets not take the BLAME GAME PATH.

It seems you already are are of something like TV being damaged etc which is why you have started this BLAME GAME.

I was candid and presented all facts. Telephone call records can prove it - That he called someone.

I also offered to come later which he agreed to come on Friday. However, called someone and told it is fine to send the TV.

Additionally, I have highlighted this on Thursday and made multiple calls - You guys did not follow up on this. Onus is now on you for lacking the urgency.

I have shown respect and trusted his version calling him human. While you are saying I did have sufficient time to pack TV - As if I am lying.

Please consider it is not fair -
    Such language targeting customers?
    Driver did not call an hour before arriving that is not important to you?
    No attempt made to secure the cargo?
    No attempt made to inform customer. I called to inform?[/B]

If you want a blame game,I am happy to extend a legal and social media battle.[/B]

Ample time is defined by my circumstances? Did I tell you I was in city all these days?

Rather than putting the blame on me, why you did not take actions instead of securing the cargo?

It is my first return of things and I trust people. In my area of work we trust people and customers. I am saying let us hope for the best and you are saying 4 days are enough.

Seriously, we could have done without this conversation. Sorry is what I can say. But sad by all this.

Really bad way to end the day.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Dear Team,

Thanks a million.
    Hi tvfann,

Kind regards

David
    Hi TVFann.

Thanks,
    Hi TVFann.

Hi There,

THIS WHEN I TOLD YOU HAVE A STRESS SITUATION? THIS IS WHAT YOU CALL HUMANE BEHAVIOUR? I am sad at this BLAME GAME when even the damage is not there. Unless you know of it. 2 Days are enough for your team to track package as well which you guys failed to do so - Did I say so?

Let's appreciate I was honest here to inform RS about all things. Ample time is not something RS or you will define.  I was on sick leave even on day he arrived to pick-up. Shall I share office attendance records - In court if need ve. This is disgrace that you are pointing fingure at me. Seems you are hiding something here.

Why you did not blame the driver or track the consignment for 2 days. I have emailed and called. You left it at chance lets see what happens kinds attitude? Now you initiating this blame game.

He told me he will call an hour before collection - Why ignore his promise? Why support this.

I was on medical sick leave - Office Records will prove that. So lets not take the BLAME GAME PATH.

It seems you already are are of something like TV being damaged etc which is why you have started this BLAME GAME.

I was candid and presented all facts. Telephone call records can prove it - That he called someone.

I also offered to come late which he agreed to come on Friday. However, called someone and told it is fine to send the TV.

I am appalled by you targeting me as if I am a liar or thief or con. You are dealing with a Professionally qualified Accountant. Please show some respect and have faith.

Additionally, I have highlighted this on Thursday and made multiple calls - You guys did not follow up on this. Onus is now on you for lacking the urgency.

I can already smell something fishy and will pursue my rights under Sale Of Goods Act and other acts.

Courier boy is your agent for me under law. He pretended to call RS and that makes a stronger case for he acting on your behalf. Your team not taking any action after calls and emails from myself to secure the cargo also puts responsibility on you.

I have shown respect and trusted his version calling him human. While you are saying I did have sufficient time to pack TV - As if I am lying.

I have medical records official leaves and a busy schedule to prove my case. I have video recordings. I have emails and calls.

What do you have?

No attempt made to inform customer?

If you want a blame game,I am happy to extend a legal and social media battle.

Ample time is defined by my circumstances? Did I tell you I was in city all these days?

Rather than putting the blame on me, why you did not take actions instead of seating on the matter?

It is my first return of things and I trust people. In my area of work we trust people and customers. I am saying lets hope for the best and you are saying 4 days are enough.

Seriously, we could have done without this conversation.
    Hi tvfann,

I have been PMing you and I would disagree I have been targeting you. I said I would be investigating with the Couriers on Monday, not with yourself. We made you aware that there was a possibility of damage due to the way the unit was packaged and if this was the case we could not accept liability for damage, I feel this is reasonable to point out as we didn't package the TV for return and, as I haven't spoken to the couriers yet, don't know what was agreed between yourself and the courier. There is nothing I can do at the moment as our couriers are closed.

I do hope the TV is not damaged, genuinely, as I would hate to see one of our customers stuck our out of pocket. It has not arrived yet and I can't contact the couriers until Monday, we were simply making you aware of the possibility of damage to the unit due to the nature of the packaging.

As I say, leave it with me and I will speak to the couriers on Monday.

Kind regards

David

Dear Team,

Thanks a million.
    Hi tvfann,

Kind regards

David
    Hi TVFann.

Thanks,
    Hi TVFann.

Hi There,

Let's appreciate I was honest here to inform RS about all things. Ample time is not something RS or you will define.  I was on sick leave even on day he arrived to pick-up. Shall I share office attendance records - In court if need ve. This is disgrace that you are pointing fingure at me. Seems you are hiding something here.

Why you did not blame the driver or track the consignment for 2 days. I have emailed and called. You left it at chance lets see what happens kinds attitude? Now you initiating this blame game.

I also offered to come late which he agreed to come on Friday. However, called someone and told it is fine to send the TV.

I am appalled by you targeting me as if I am a liar or thief or con. You are dealing with a Professionally qualified Accountant. Please show some respect and have faith.

I can already smell something fishy and will pursue my rights under Sale Of Goods Act and other acts.

Courier boy is your agent for me under law. He pretended to call RS and that makes a stronger case for he acting on your behalf. Your team not taking any action after calls and emails from myself to secure the cargo also puts responsibility on you.

I have medical records official leaves and a busy schedule to prove my case. I have video recordings. I have emails and calls.

What do you have?

No attempt made to inform customer?

If you want a blame game,I am happy to extend a legal and social media battle.

Rather than putting the blame on me, why you did not take actions instead of seating on the matter?
    Hi TVFann.

I think this is starting to get silly now.

At no point did we call you a lair or thief or anything like that? Why would we call you a thief when nothing has been stolen?

There is no pointing the blame. I was merely pointing out the terms and conditions for returns back to us here at Richersounds which are on our website for all to see. There are no hidden terms.
    This was the first time I have been involved in the return of your item and my response would have been the same to any customer returning an item to us that has not been packaged correctly by the customer.

There is no blame game being played. We are well within our rights to ask if you sent the goods back to us as requested within our terms and conditions.

I have to say I'm confused by your comments on us hiding things? I have been nothing but open towards the return of this product.
    I'm also not sure what "Secure the Cargo" means. As per our terms and conditions it is the customers responsibility to ensure any products that are being returned and packaged correctly to avoid any damage in transit back to us.
    This is not targeting you but is written into our terms and conditions for ALL customers and not just yourself.
    I will also be getting the courier to investigate this at their end so this does not happen again.

Would you please like to explain what you smell fishy as I have not once said anything unreasonable in my posts?
    You are also going between two different people here on board as you are posting to me (Kenny) but PMing my colleague David.

I'm also not sure what you are getting at with the "Human" comment regarding the delivery driver. 

Again I'm confused as why you are trying to make this personal. The fact that you are a Qualified accountant does not come into the equation and no one brought up your profession or made any remarks towards this?
    A customers profession does not matter to us as we treat all our customers the same regardless of employed or unemployed.

As I have already said the courier are closed today so I can not call them to find out on the status. It usually takes 3-5 days for goods to be returned to our store once collected so we had no need to chase its progress until you got in touch with us today asking if it had came back to us yet.
    So again I had no reason to think there was an issue until I read your posts today about the TV not being packaged correctly before being handed over to the courier.

Again like I said I can not check with the courier until Monday as they do not operate at weekends.

We will be in touch on Monday once they reopen hopefully with good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Snipped by Moderator

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Leprechaun77,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - queries here are for RS to answer, no input is needed from Boardies:
    As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

I've snipped your post above - if you have any queries about the Charter feel free to PM me, please do not post on this thread again.

All Boardies:

The subject of this thread is a matter solely between the OP and Richersounds, input, opinion etc from Boardies is not appropriate here, please do not post on this thread.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks @Ritzy

Guys,

The OP has an issue with his TV, we are looking after it on his behalf so please refrain from posting on this thread.

If anyone has any issues or needs to contact us to comment please feel free to email us directly at sales@richersounds.ie and we will do our best to assist.

ATVB

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Point  1 : See again - you are using language which is not the professional. Getting Silly is not how you describe an argument even within informal circles?

How insensitive you can be when I have highlighted a health constraint, yet use have it in you to use words like SILLY?

I shall sue for mental harassement? I clearly highlighted a health condition and you admitted pickup guy was at a fault. 

Well within my right to sue you/RS for using language, which is unprofessional and accusing me of not packing TV in-spite of being given 4 days - Prove me that you gave me 4 days? I prove you that he arrive unannounced.

It would have been silly, had I called you racist? Is this what it is all about?

Point 2:  Even for TV delivery, guy gave me an hour so that I can reach home from Work.

This is how it works in this part of world. My life ,I decide to use that hour to pack TV. He simply cannot come unannounced?

You cannot define time for packing TV is 10 min before pick-up time. 

Again insensitive comment without realising people may have busy life or medical condition or may be travelling.

Point 3 : You accepted driver should not have accepted TV if not fully packaged. Thanks for admitting the gap. I shall leverage it come to a legal battle. He misled - I clearly told him I am worried about potential damage.

He will lie under oath if he denies it.

Point 4 : I have kept it under wraps and blamed the courier. I have letter saying goods given in good shape. I informed you about it next day.

Point 5: Your team did not act to chase courier to secure package.

I am writing that I am feeling sorry that this conversation is not a fair one and you are calling me silly indirectly? Seriously. 

I shall appreciate that you do not make any personal remarks. I shall held you personally accountable for any in appropriate choice of words.

I shall ensure this episode is highlight on all local media from all possible perspective including racism. 

TV WAS PICKED IN A BOX and I DO NOT CARE WHAT COURIOR DID WITH IT as he promised this is USUAL.

Point 6
    How would I know who is dealing with threads and who with PM? I do not track that. Moment PM were stopped - I stopped using it too.

DID U NOTE THAT??? See the whole attitude of BLAME THE GUY.

Why I had to some here - because in-spite of highlighting TV packing stuff on call/email, no one pushed for it.

================================
    Point 7 : Dear reader, choice of words is important in customer care industry.

You simply ignored my initial message where I said no human being wants to hurt other and I am sure pick-up boy only wanted to hurt. Jesus - no damage done, no issues reported and all this episode of blame - why not pack in time.

We are sensitive to even customers who are not paying in time. Here, inspite of highlighting health issues, some nasty remarks were used. Lets' say silly conversation to describe it.

Let's wait until Monday and I am sure next time no more fancy words being used.

Not surprising I end all comms with a greeting while your team ends without. Well Well, no comments.

Have a good weekend. Thanks whoever said lets wait for Monday.

I am not worried about damage - insult and taunts hurt me more. Lets respect.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

TVFANN,

I really do feel that you may be taking some comments out of context.

In the circumstances I feel it may be best if we issue you with a full refund for your TV - therefore you will not need to worry about the condition of the TV, we will look after that.

I will ask my colleagues to arrange a refund for you tomorrow, Sunday.

Again I would respectfully request that other Boards members do not post on this thread.

Best regards

John McDonald
    Managing Director

Richer Sounds Ireland

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

This discussion has been closed.