Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neal Peart of Rush.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sanjose1

A shock, didnt know he was ill. R.I.P., finally got see Rush in Glasgow 6 years back, great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Awful news. Best drummer I have seen since John Bonham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So sad, brilliant drummer but also one of the best lyric writers in rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭lc180

Awfully sad news.

Really enjoyed his book Ghost Rider. Its a sometimes tough read but highly recommend it. He had a lot of tragedy in his life, was hoping he'd get to properly enjoy his retirement which makes this even more heartbreaking.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Terribly sad news.....incredible drummer and lyricist!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

sanjose1 wrote: »
    A shock, didnt know he was ill. R.I.P., finally got see Rush in Glasgow 6 years back, great gig

Lucky to see them about 7 times,mainly Glasgow Apollo and Edinburgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Really sad news. I just got into my work van last night and put the radio on and Spirit of Radio was playing. I was instantly SO happy, even though it’s played quite often on Nova. Then after as they started the announcement of his death, I couldn’t quite believe it. Such a huge loss as he was one of my lasting influences of the last 40 years or so. I saw them several times, but the best for me was the last tour in Dublin, as I was in the standing section and was so close to the stage.
    His books are all excellent and worth a read, I’ll be getting mine out for a re-read fairly soon.
    I’m playing all their albums today, even in work just to cheer me up.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Baggio1

sad day i was gobsmacked by the news and i dont follow celebs in general,,,, but my drumming was always guided by his style and approach and he as my teacher,,,( of course he didnt know) taught me sooo much,,,, very sad day hope he reaches heaven,,, myself ill re-enter studio in 2 weeks finally and do mammoth 3/4 hour rush session,,,,, they deserve it best band ever best drummmer ever,,,, different class

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IrelandonPaper

Was listening to some rush tonight, neil was an increedible drummer

Advertisement