Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Re: Gomez....Matip back in training afaik and Lovern not far off return either so there may be some rotation as to who plays in VVD's shadow

That's true. The recent defensive record might delay it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Aguero to Ings before he rises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ugh in running up the stairs to settle the baby it looks like I have taken a minus 4 to bring in Simpson for Rico......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Gonna do a punt on Callum Wilson over Jiminez.

Purely for fixture reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Tanganga likely to play regularly I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Re: Gomez....Matip back in training afaik and Lovern not far off return either so there may be some rotation as to who plays in VVD's shadow

VVD's shadow this season:
    • Lovren, Played 7, Clean Sheets 0
    • Matip, Played 7, Clean Sheets 2
    • Gomez, Played 7, Clean Sheets 6 (in a row)
    Very hard to break that up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Plus Gomez can play FB and added reason to keep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Funny, I was looking at potentially bringing him in (though "Never buy Martial" is one of my 3 rules for the season).

Last few weeks:
    10, 2, 2, 15, 8, 2, 8

Why ya looking to sell?

Can't see him scoring against Liverpool, he was fairly useless today bar the headed goal. Utd are awful for the most part. I'll probably hold him for the moment though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Shedite27 wrote: »
    VVD's shadow this season:
    • Lovren, Played 7, Clean Sheets 0
    • Matip, Played 7, Clean Sheets 2
    • Gomez, Played 7, Clean Sheets 6 (in a row)
    Very hard to break that up now

Gomez was first choice at the start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Klopp generally keeps the same CB pairing where possible. Matip was fit at the start so he played and got injured so then Lovren took his place before getting injured and Gomez started playing. It's up to Matip to win the place back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    Can't see him scoring against Liverpool, he was fairly useless today bar the headed goal. Utd are awful for the most part. I'll probably hold him for the moment though

People keep saying United are awful, but that is irrelevant in FF, Rashford returns are up their with the best this season - returned 14 times in 22 games, and Martial last few GW's has been consistent - I think it has returns in 50% of the games he plays.

Bloody tough times.

Double transfer this week.

Will have to take a -4 next GW.

If Mane rises (which he is scheduled to do later tonight) then I’m 0.1m short.

Unless Abraham rises 0.1m by next GW. Which he might.

3-4 weeks of scrupulous planning could come down to missing out by 0.1m.

Now that would be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Already done 3 moves for - 4
    Out:
    Fabianski, Alli, Abraham

In:
    McCarthy, Salah, Long (bench fodder)

Lets me forget about the game until next Saturday and takes away the coin flip I've had the last few gameweeks without bench fodder in my front 8.

Probably more injuries incoming at Shineon HQ but I'm feeling a bit meh about fpl atm so rolling the dice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I may roll this transfer and do DCL -> Rashford next week.

I can't transfer Rashford in and hope he scores against Liverpool! That's the heart talking. The head talking says Liverpool are unreal at Anfield, have the best home record in the league and have conceded the least amount of goal. Man United have scored 12 goals in 11 away games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Things I never thought I'd say this season, "I've taken a -4 to get in 2 Southampton players" :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ace2007 wrote: »
    People keep saying United are awful, but that is irrelevant in FF, Rashford returns are up their with the best this season - returned 14 times in 22 games, and Martial last few GW's has been consistent - I think it has returns in 50% of the games he plays.

That's the thing about FF, team bias goes out the window. Look at Norwich,in awful form but Cantwell keeps chipping in with FF points, United are so average and inconsistent yet Rashford and Martial are up with Salah and Mane for goals scored.
    Don't make a mistake of focusing on a team but focus on the players. Danny Ings is a prime example.
    Anyhow,I think I'll roll my transfer and work out how to get Salah in for week 24.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm think Tammy out Ings in. Had Tammy early on so he's prob not going to be affordable to bring back in as he's increased by a million since I got him first.

Ings looks like shampton have a load of easier games coming up

That's the thing about FF, team bias goes out the window. Look at Norwich,in awful form but Cantwell keeps chipping in with FF points, United are so average and inconsistent yet Rashford and Martial are up with Salah and Mane for goals scored.
    Don't make a mistake of focusing on a team but focus on the players. Danny Ings is a prime example.
    Anyhow,I think I'll roll my transfer and work out how to get Salah in for week 24.

Martial has been poor anytime I see him.he was very poor yesterday as well and created very little. I'd rather get rid of Martial and bring in Rashford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Watford/Southampton in
    Palace/Spurs out. Don't know who to bring in yet. Sarr in for Alli to raise funds for a Pool tripler for 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm wavering on getting Salah in now. His away form is a worry and getting Robertson would be so much easier. I'd like a Watford mid too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Exact money to do Sterling to Mane, was hoping to hold Sterling for another week but I will get rid now. He has been an expensive drain on my team

Aguero to Ings before he rises

Whoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

hmm, Can do James and Vardy to Mahrez and Ings, just not sure about that, for a -4.

Obv James to Mahrez is going to be an upgrade, Vardy to Ings could be a risk, given Vardy's high ownership.

Now Thinking Martial to Mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

siblers wrote: »
    Now Thinking Martial to Mahrez

Was planning to use 2nd transfer to get rid of Pope but have enough for Maddison to Mahrez....

Sterling to Mahrez seems very points chasing buuut......

Whoops

Might actually end up reversing and going Tammy to Kun now

Right, time to bring in De Bruyne as he's the difference really between me and current league leader.

Current setup;

Ramsdale

Evans
    Soyuncu
    Martin Kelly

Mane
    Salah
    Mahrez
    Mount

Vardy
    Ings
    Rashford

Subs: Button, Cantwell, Cresswell, Hanley.

I'm thinking Rashford + Mount out for De Bruyne and I'll have 5.2m left for a forward. Was thinking Mason Greenwood.

I don't want to get rid of Mane, Salah or Vardy so Rashford is the choice by default.

Any thoughts?

Right, time to bring in De Bruyne as he's the difference really between me and current league leader.

Current setup;

Ramsdale

Evans
    Soyuncu
    Martin Kelly

Mane
    Salah
    Mahrez
    Mount

Vardy
    Ings
    Rashford

Subs: Button, Cantwell, Cresswell, Hanley.

I'm thinking Rashford + Mount out for De Bruyne and I'll have 5.2m left for a forward. Was thinking Mason Greenwood.

I don't want to get rid of Mane, Salah or Vardy so Rashford is the choice by default.

Any thoughts?

How many points are you behind?

• Advertisement

How many points are you behind?

I'll be about 20 behind after this GW.

Advertisement