Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Me too - after the match Deeney said Doucoure had been on painkillers and not playing all week and they will have to try and get him patched/ready for the next game if they can or something to that effect!

Yep, he was in my plans too til i saw that comment. It was something about wrapping him in cotton wool for the next game i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Thinking about bringing in vardy+rashford
    In place of sterling/mane to a 4.4 midfielder

Currently have c.wilson Greenwood maupay
    Mane sterling de bruyne
    Vvd taa lundstrom soyuncu

Propper Webster douglas Luiz

Any guidance on my choice
    That forward line is the weak link i think. You must have a serious amount of money in the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

You might want to rephrase that as it's terribly confusing. You are looking to bring in 2 forwards for 2 mids?

I'd be willing to take the hit and that's were the extra cash will be coming in from
    Vardy's form at the moment is great
    No liverpool player has more than 11 goals and considering there form I might aswell just have a liverpool back 3

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

I used the wildcard last week and really F'd up.. time to take a hit already

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did Fabianski to Ryan in light of today's news. Leaves me 2.5m in the bank. Plan now is to get in another Liverpool player for DGW 24. I already have TAA and Salah so my options for next week would be:

1) Sell Soyuncu for Robertson. Wouldn't require a hit.

2) Sell Abraham for Firmino. Wouldn't require a hit.

3) Sell Maddison and Abraham for Mane and a budget striker. Would require a -4.

Was pretty sure I'd go for Mane, but Firmino starting to look a decent alternative. His away form is tempting me. 4 goals in his last 5 league appearances on the road. Also prefer having 3 good strikers which going for Mane would not allow unless I sell KDB to get him in, which seems extremely high risk.

Will mull it over before the next gameweek.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Did Fabianski to Ryan in light of today's news. Leaves me 2.5m in the bank. Plan now is to get in another Liverpool player for DGW 24. I already have TAA and Salah so my options for next week would be:

Was pretty sure I'd go for Mane, but Firmino starting to look a decent alternative. His away form is tempting me. 4 goals in his last 5 league appearances on the road. Also prefer having 3 good strikers which going for Mane would not allow unless I sell KDB to get him in, which seems extremely high risk.

I am also mulling this over
    Have decided not to wildcard
    Problem is all 3 of my strikers have decent fixtures 24

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

6. 5 to replace Traore, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dahat wrote: »
    6. 5 to replace Traore, any recommendations?

Sarr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sarr :)

I've seen him mentioned across a few twitter accounts but not familiar myself. He did get an assist last week plus a differential as well.

dahat wrote: »
    I've seen him mentioned across a few twitter accounts but not familiar myself. He did get an assist last week plus a differential as well.

Been impressed with him the last few games, would be fun to own too. Haven't had a spare ft to fit him in but I did get him in my Sky team last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

With the Fab news, it's Fab out and Ryan in. Ryan may rise tonight but going doing it anyway now.

No luck with the keepers this season.

Hopefully Ryan now is just a buy and set.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Think ill be doing jiminez to maupay. I need to free up some money.

He went up in price a few hours ago.

Pricing me out. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking over the same, had always planned on getting Mane in but starting to think Robertson/Firmino would be the better choice. Also considering Alisson for Pope now

Think I'll sell him for Deeney myself for a 3 week punt, then switch Deeney to Ings for their two nice home games. And hope that Palace and Pool will keep Ings quiet in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

He went up in price a few hours ago.

Pricing me out. Unfortunately.

Dammit!! Priced me out now too. Meaning I'll have 5.8m to spend on a FW.

Hope DCL drops this weekend, or I'll have to go for McBurnie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dammit!! Priced me out now too. Meaning I'll have 5.8m to spend on a FW.

Hope DCL drops this weekend, or I'll have to go for McBurnie

Ayew be slightly better shout - that he doesn't get rotated - Sheffield United have McBurnier, McGoldrick, Robinson, Mouseet with even Billy Sharpe getting game time. Where as Ayew is 0.7m cheaper at 5.0m and has little no competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ayew be slightly better shout - that he doesn't get rotated - Sheffield United have McBurnier, McGoldrick, Robinson, Mouseet with even Billy Sharpe getting game time. Where as Ayew is 0.7m cheaper at 5.0m and has little no competition.

They signed Tosun last week so a little more competition

As expected Reina comes in at 4.5m, not surely if that's overly fair price, given that he is now more expensive than every other keeper they have, but he was never going to come in at 4.0 which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bit of a selection headache this week for those of us as Cantwell as bench fodder. Bournemouth at home, having just conceded 3 to Watford and 4 to West Ham is becoming a must-start fixture at this stage. STart him over Rashford with his trip to Anfield? They could do well with the "playing on the break approach"

Who to bench from this lot:
    Cantwell (Bou H)
    Mane (United H)
    Alli (Watford A)
    KDB (Palace H)
    Grealish (Brighton A)
    Ings (Wolves H)
    Rashford (Liv A)
    Vardy (Burnley A)

• Advertisement

Midkemia wrote: »
    Mahrez or richarlison?

Mahrez for me. He has played a fair bit less than Richarlison and is only 2 points behind.

Bringing him in has done me wonders the last few weeks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'll be doing the same move. Allows TAA in next week.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bit of a selection headache this week for those of us as Cantwell as bench fodder. Bournemouth at home, having just conceded 3 to Watford and 4 to West Ham is becoming a must-start fixture at this stage. STart him over Rashford with his trip to Anfield? They could do well with the "playing on the break approach"

Cantwell (Bou H)
    Mane (United H)
    Alli (Watford A)
    KDB (Palace H)
    Grealish (Brighton A)
    Ings (Wolves H)
    Rashford (Liv A)
    Vardy (Burnley A)

Ali hasn't exactly being setting the world on light the last 7 weeks. I think he has just one goal, so purely for that reason I would be benching him. If I had him, I would probably be transferring him out. Everyone else is on form, or has a reason to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Shedite27 wrote: »

Cantwell (Bou H)
    Mane (United H)
    Alli (Watford A)
    KDB (Palace H)
    Grealish (Brighton A)
    Ings (Wolves H)
    Rashford (Liv A)
    Vardy (Burnley A)

I have the same front 8 except for Maddison instead of Alli. I’m making Rashford 1st sub. As good as his form has been I can see Liverpool keeping united at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Need to get rid of Ali. Was thinking of bringing in Mahrez but City have ridiculously tough fixtures coming up. Also considering Martial, but....Man Utd. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Tusky wrote: »
    Need to get rid of Ali. Was thinking of bringing in Mahrez but City have ridiculously tough fixtures coming up. Also considering Martial, but....Man Utd. Thoughts?

On a similar theme, I'm considering a -4 to take out Martial for Mahrez, is it daft?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

Green&Red wrote: »
    On a similar theme, I'm considering a -4 to take out Martial for Mahrez, is it daft?

Yes. He may not even start given sterling sat out last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

893bet wrote: »
    Yes. He may not even start given sterling sat out last week.

And Bernardo Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Deeney v DCL (if you brought richarlson in for maddison) - thoughts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Mahrez for me. He has played a fair bit less than Richarlison and is only 2 points behind.

Bringing him in has done me wonders the last few weeks.

did you bring him in for KDB or someone else ?

Advertisement