Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shedite27 wrote:
    Bit of a selection headache this week for those of us as Cantwell as bench fodder. Bournemouth at home, having just conceded 3 to Watford and 4 to West Ham is becoming a must-start fixture at this stage. STart him over Rashford with his trip to Anfield? They could do well with the "playing on the break approach"

Shedite27 wrote:
    Who to bench from this lot: Cantwell (Bou H) Mane (United H) Alli (Watford A) KDB (Palace H) Grealish (Brighton A) Ings (Wolves H) Rashford (Liv A) Vardy (Burnley A)

I was just going to say the exact same as Ace below.

Get rid of Ali or bench him.

I'm also starting cantwell. It came down to Cantwell home to terrible Bournmouth or Jimi away to a vastly improved Southampton.
    Ace2007 wrote:
    Ali hasn't exactly being setting the world on light the last 7 weeks. I think he has just one goal, so purely for that reason I would be benching him. If I had him, I would probably be transferring him out. Everyone else is on form, or has a reason to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm also starting cantwell. It came down to Cantwell home to terrible Bournmouth or Jimi away to a vastly improved Southampton.

I'm thinking of starting Cantwell over Jimi too but I'm always afraid he won't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Pope to McCarthy done.

Have a Jiminez vs. Cantwell scenario as well...half tempted to bring in Maupay but can't justify the hit

miller82 wrote: »
    did you bring him in for KDB or someone else ?

I brought him in for Tielemans. I'd taken out KDB a couple of weeks before and had money left over.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Pope to McCarthy done.

Have a Jiminez vs. Cantwell scenario as well...half tempted to bring in Maupay but can't justify the hit

Jiminez is top of the goals imminent table on FFS as well, that table can be scarily accurate sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Jiminez is top of the goals imminent table on FFS as well, that table can be scarily accurate sometimes.

Few tough decisions to make this week after scoring 90 points last week and jumping from 9th to 3rd in ML

Current team is
    Guaita(Button)
    Soy TAA Lundy (Gomez, Rico)
    Sarr Traore KDB Mane Zaha
    Kun Rashford (Greenwood)

Is it worth doing a -8 for
    Guaita > McCarthy
    Zaha > Noble
    Greenwood > Ings

Might do Kun and Traore out next week then for Firmino/salah and ?

100 behind leader in ML btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

So here are my options in for getting 3 LFC in for the next GW. Have TAA & Salah already. Have already brought in Ings this Gameweek so only 1 Free transfer to use

Vardy & Richarlison ---> Maupay/6.8 & Mane (-4) would prefer to get rid of Grealish instead of Richy but that requires another hit

Traore & Rico ----> Dendoncer & Robbo (-4)

Vardy ---> Firmino

The more I look at it the more tempted I am just to do Firmino in. Could also be a differential. But not if Mane goes to town and some have him TC, that -4 will not look like alot then. Could be season defining this. I think if I do get Mane in I will be using TC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So here are my options in for getting 3 LFC in for the next GW. Have TAA & Salah already. Have already brought in Ings this Gameweek so only 1 Free transfer to use

Vardy & Richarlison ---> Maupay/6.8 & Mane (-4) would prefer to get rid of Grealish instead of Richy but that requires another hit

Traore & Rico ----> Dendoncer & Robbo (-4)

Vardy ---> Firmino

The more I look at it the more tempted I am just to do Firmino in. Could also be a differential. But not if Mane goes to town and some have him TC, that -4 will not look like alot then. Could be season defining this. I think if I do get Mane in I will be using TC

Vardy to Firmino, no brainier.

You have an exit strategy in Marcus Rashford.

Unless you want to captain Mane I’d be steering away from that. Firmino + Richarlison should outscore Maupay + Mane (-4) over the next 2 GWs

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Vardy to Firmino, no brainier.

You have an exit strategy in Marcus Rashford.

Unless you want to captain Mane I’d be steering away from that. Firmino + Richarlison should outscore Maupay + Mane (-4) over the next 2 GWs

I am currently on WC and looking at the triple up. The spread of 2 Liv def + Salah is far better than Salah/Mane + 1 Def bearing in mind I can only captain one of Salah & Mane.

I have been looking at Firmino & it is very appealing with an exit strategy in Marcus Rashford should it go tits up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Who would we have as a more nailed defender out of the 4.0s - Williams or Tananga?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Morzadec wrote: »
    Who would we have as a more nailed defender out of the 4.0s - Williams or Tananga?

If i had a transfer to spare i would bring in Tananga. Watched a bit of the Spurs game last night & thought he was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Finally madd the move of sterling + wilson and brought in Vardy + Mahrez

CL football coming up soon and I'm sure sterling will play more midweek fixtures and be rested ..
    Wilson playing terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was going to hold Jimmi but him starting tonight has put an end to that, brought in Deeney.

Wondering now whether to bring in Mahrez for a hit for Alli

siblers wrote: »
    Was going to hold Jimmi but him starting tonight has put an end to that, brought in Deeney.

I'm debating making the same move but it would mean benching Cantwell. I could keep Jimi and bench him but it would just be pushing the problem onto next week when I'll have other transfers to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

siblers wrote: »

Wondering now whether to bring in Mahrez for a hit for Alli

Have 3 scenarios to get 3 pool players(have TAA and Mane) one of which is:
    1.Zaha/Rashford/Jimenez to Salah/Gerry D/Ings can’t afford Deeney but would prefer Gerry D over him any day.
    Other scenarios are
    2. Zaha/Rashford/Jimenez to Chalobah/Kun/Ings (getting in Robertson week 24)
    3. Zaha/Rashford/Jimenez to Sarr/Kun/Ings (getting in Gomez week 24)
    All involve Jimenez to Ings so will do that tonight as Ings is due a rise, any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Deeney or Gerry - who would be the better buy do you think? Deeney cause he's on penalties or Gerry cause more explosive?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Best 4m defender? Williams, Hanley, Tanganga. I also see Janmaat is 4.1m. Would be a lovely punt if he got gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Best 4m defender? Williams, Hanley, Tanganga. I also see Janmaat is 4.1m. Would be a lovely punt if he got gametime.

Have my eye on Janmaat... think he's just back from injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Surprised at the lack of deeney love in here

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Surprised at the rush to offload Jiminez this week when he is a nice fixture and is due a goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Surprised at the rush to offload Jiminez this week when he is a nice fixture and is due a goal
    One man's "due a goal" is another man's "out of form".

Is Alli due a goal?

ShimSlady wrote: »

Away to the second best defence in the league over the last 6 GW’s ? Or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

FF is mad when one of least talented PL forwards ever (Deeney) becomes a viable option.

Did Rashford to Ings last night, still have one FT. Have enough to do Martial to Mahrez (have 3 pool) but I'm worried about him starting. Will hold out for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is Deeney still on penalties when he's in the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is Deeney still on penalties when he's in the team?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Suggested Tanganga a few pages back. He was motm on Tuesday in the FA cup and played more of a wing back role getting forward a lot, unluckly not to assist. Definitely has quality in the final ball. Spurs have some difficult games coming but if he keeps his place then I think he is a good shout.

Hanley definitely no, poor fixtures incoming. I have him and will probably play him this week but he is coming out then.

FF is mad when one of least talented PL forwards ever (Deeney) becomes a viable option.

Did Rashford to Ings last night, still have one FT. Have enough to do Martial to Mahrez (have 3 pool) but I'm worried about him starting. Will hold out for the moment.

Deeney is back from injury at time when Watford have found form, they are in a dog fight and he is on penalties - at 6.2m I think he's the best option at that range. I asked earlier was Gerry a better pick because he's explosive - but given that you could be having a bad game and the team get a penalty means I think Deeney is slightly better option.

If you asked folk to pick a fit forward under the 6.3m mark that you would be happy to play every week - one of the Watford lads would be in the top 3 imo, along with probably DCL and Maupay. The Burnley lads - Wood/Barnes are both injured otherwise I think they would be good shout.

Brighton do have a great run of fixtures, but personally I would prefer one of the Watford lads than Maupay.

I’m on WC and considering all 3 for 3 positions at most. 2 at worst

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Leaving Maupay for this week playing Aston Villa at home, but could switch to Deneey for next week who will be playing Aston Villa, too(a).

Let's see how they (Aston Villa) react to City game first.

• Advertisement

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Hanley definitely no, poor fixtures incoming. I have him and will probably play him this week but he is coming out then.

Agreed Hanley is a poor pick, given that he has played 8 games this season and has 6 points. But if he falls to 3.9m then he could be a viable option, to save 0.1 or .2m, and he may get you the 1/2 points on bench if needed

Advertisement