Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Shedite27 wrote: »
    One man's "due a goal" is another man's "out of form".

Is Alli due a goal?

I expect Ali and Jimi to both score this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,755 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ShimSlady wrote:

In a cruel twist of fate, I could be back requoting this comment on a couple of days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

ShimSlady wrote: »

Alli has looked dreadful in the last 4/5 games, he gets in half decent positions but can't do anything with it. Still have him in my team but dunno what to do with him. Had planned to bring in Son but he looks equally as bad :pac:

Have the funds to do Vardy to Aguero for a hit. Have yet to own Aguero this season and he looked back at his best at the weekend. Would be fun to own him instead of Vardy. Owning Vardy is pretty dull at this stage, unless I have him captained, I don't want him to score

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

siblers wrote: »
    Have the funds to do Vardy to Aguero for a hit. Have yet to own Aguero this season and he looked back at his best at the weekend. Would be fun to own him instead of Vardy. Owning Vardy is pretty dull at this stage, unless I have him captained, I don't want him to score

That’s not a good move for a hit this weekend imo
    I think a lot of people are going to be angry .....

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    That’s not a good move for a hit this weekend imo
    I think a lot of people are going to be angry .....

Why so? Pep roulette?

siblers wrote: »
    Why so?

City have a lot of games coming up
    Aguero is not starting them all
    Might be this weekend, might be midweek who knows.....Palace are no pushovers either. Generally concede one or 2 max.

I think Vardy can match or even outscore Aguero. Never mind with a minus 4 on top.
    Lets be honest Aguero was not in our thoughts AT ALL before sunday. Even before his injury I had bid a fond farewell as Jesus was eating into his gametime more this season.
    If he goes well again next two games I might reconsider on WC . i would love to. But not yet. and not for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Might be this weekend, might be midweek who knows.....Palace are no pushovers either. Generally concede one or 2 max.

I think Vardy can match or even outscore Aguero. Never mind with a minus 4 on top.
    Lets be honest Aguero was not in our thoughts AT ALL before sunday. Even before his injury I had bid a fond farewell as Jesus was eating into his gametime more this season.
    If he goes well again next two games I might reconsider on WC . i would love to. But not yet. and not for a hit

I don't think that is overly true, I was planning on brining Aguero, but he looked sluggish and not match fit, in the game against Sheffield United, BUT he still scored. There are numerous posters that not only brought him in, but some were going to put just didn't go with their gut - perhaps they bought into other posters saying there were mad to consider it.

At start of the season he went 7 games in a row with returns, maybe buying him is a risk, but if people want to take that then it's not a mistake, they know what they are doing. Just like those who have Sterling - it's not a mistake.

Vardy has 1 goal in the last 6 GW's. maybe he'll score, maybe he won't, but no one is going to increase their ranking with Vardy, as he's so heavily owned, where as with Aguero - you will have the chance to increase your rankings given his low ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Aguero is only 4 goals behind Vardy on the scoring charts.

If you are looking at the points per game stat, Vardy is 7.3 & Aguero is 6.3.

How many will you captain Aguero & how many will you captain Vardy???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't think that is overly true, I was planning on brining Aguero, but he looked sluggish and not match fit, in the game against Sheffield United, BUT he still scored. There are numerous posters that not only brought him in, but some were going to put just didn't go with their gut - perhaps they bought into other posters saying there were mad to consider it.

At start of the season he went 7 games in a row with returns, maybe buying him is a risk, but if people want to take that then it's not a mistake, they know what they are doing. Just like those who have Sterling - it's not a mistake.

Vardy has 1 goal in the last 6 GW's. maybe he'll score, maybe he won't, but no one is going to increase their ranking with Vardy, as he's so heavily owned, where as with Aguero - you will have the chance to increase your rankings given his low ownership.

I was one who didn’t go with gut & I was banging on about the ownership & rank jump.

I was physically ill last Sunday.

Never again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

KM why don't you take your negativity somewhere else, lets not be talking us Aguero owners down. This is his time to shine. Vardy is yesterdays news

You will never experience the joy and excitement we have, try as you might to convince yourself, Vardy will never give you that feeling

But the door to redemption is always open, a measly 11.8m is all it will cost

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Was reading a thread on twitter earlier. In the PL this season aguero has started 67% of the PL games he has been in the squad for . He averages 62 mins per game he has played. Jesus starts 58% of the games he is in the squad for and is averaging 61 mins per game . Its highly unlikely he starts on both sat and tues. The real winners are the lads that got him last week and it was the optimal time to make that move.

Green&Red wrote: »
    KM why don't you take your negativity somewhere else, lets not be talking us Aguero owners down. This is his time to shine. Vardy is yesterdays news

You will never experience the joy and excitement we have, try as you might to convince yourself, Vardy will never give you that feeling

Oh I am at the door
    I may even have one toe in
    But I need to see more
    I’m wildcarding Tuesday evening .......

Oh I am at the door
    I may even have one toe in
    But I need to see more
    I’m wildcarding Tuesday evening .......

Ah this wildcard is turning out to be like Fredricks fiasco

Next week
    Next week
    Next week

Ya love the drama

Ace2007 wrote: »

The poster I replied to said for a hit
    I don’t see that factored in ?

And yes Vardy is highly owned . And will be highly captained. Against a very poorly performing Burnely defence

So yes weighing all things up I don’t think it’s worth it for a hit

Think I’ll pull back for a few days and just concentrate on my own team
    Anytime I have tried to give a bit of advise over last week or two you seem intent on picking it apart .
    I’ll leave it to you for a while so

Might even look for some advice myself when I am wildcarding next week

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Green&Red wrote: »

It's only negativity because you don't agree with it. What he said is spot on imo and I'm an Aguero owner. But a realistic owner. I have no idea whether he will start at the weekend or not and that's the reality of being an Aguero owner now. For most of this season, Vardy has been what Aguero used to be - a nailed on reliable captain choice. And that's why I'll likely be captaining him over Aguero this week. I may not increase my rank but it'll sure as hell dent it if I don't captain him and he hauls. I guess it just depends on how you want to play the game.

It's only negativity because you don't agree with it. What he said is spot on imo and I'm an Aguero owner. But a realistic owner. I have no idea whether he will start at the weekend or not and that's the reality of being an Aguero owner now. For most of this season, Vardy has been what Aguero used to be - a nailed on reliable captain choice. And that's why I'll likely be captaining him over Aguero this week. I may not increase my rank but it'll sure as hell dent it if I don't captain him and he hauls. I guess it just depends on how you want to play the game.

Ah I’m only jibin KM, it’s in jest

I do think Vardy is going to tail off a bit and I do think Aguero is a great differential but I can see the case for not doing it. They have a blank in five game weeks, probably against Leicester, that could be 3-5 players on anyone’s team laid up for the weekend. So bringing in city players is a risk.

I only have one Leicester player and he (Soy) is on the block, I also already have Aguero so I can see that I’ll be captaining him for three of those five weeks. So my view is completely skewed but I’m delighted to be this side of it but I’m sure my view would be different if I had Vardy instead of Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

ShimSlady wrote: »

Gonna hold onto Alli for another few weeks. Everyone seems to be in a rush to get rid of him but they have watford, norwich and villa in 3 of their next 4.
    Hes also on penalties with Kane out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

radiata wrote: »
    Gonna hold onto Alli for another few weeks. Everyone seems to be in a rush to get rid of him but they have watford, norwich and villa in 3 of their next 4.
    Hes also on penalties with Kane out

What makes you think he's on pens?

Think I'll hold off on Kun. KM is right in what he was saying, it would be more fun to own Aguero but it would be the height of indulgence to bring him in for a hit. I have Conolly, Fredericks and Alli stinking up my team who need to take precedence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

markc91 wrote: »
    Few tough decisions to make this week after scoring 90 points last week and jumping from 9th to 3rd in ML

Current team is
    Guaita(Button)
    Soy TAA Lundy (Gomez, Rico)
    Sarr Traore KDB Mane Zaha
    Kun Rashford (Greenwood)

Is it worth doing a -8 for
    Guaita > McCarthy
    Zaha > Noble
    Greenwood > Ings

Might do Kun and Traore out next week then for Firmino/salah and ?

100 behind leader in ML btw

Any thoughts? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The Vardy vs Aguero debate is what I love about this game - great arguments on both sides and nothing wrong with the rationale on either side. This is what makes the game fun and interesting.

I'm talking myself into Auba, Vardy and Martial out / Aggy, Salah, and Greenwood in for a minus 4

This game is all about dumping highly owned players before they go stale and getting in low owned players before they bandwagon. You sometimes have to make bold moves.

In addition to the arguments already made by the pro-Aggy camp, I would say that there may be signs Vardy will dry up. His Xg is far lower than what he's achieved. He's on track for 30+ goals this season and he's never had a season like that. I don't believe his form in the first half of the season is sustainable and variance suggests he should score less. Then I would say the same about Leicester generally- they're a superb team but i don't think they're an 80 point plus team. The loss at home to Soton is a question mark.

Ultimately Aguero is what he's always been - the most explosive player in the game who is a rotation risk. You can look at the risk either way - a risk not to own him and miss out on a haul or a risk to have 11.8 on the bench.

I think he'll start on the weekend after scoring 3 last week. If he's benched midweek i can live with that as I'll have Salah captained.

The arguments for Vardy are totally valid but my gut is telling me to go for Aggy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

abandon ship on Rashford ?

Morzadec wrote: »
    The Vardy vs Aguero debate is what I love about this game - great arguments on both sides and nothing wrong with the rationale on either side. This is what makes the game fun and interesting.

I'm talking myself into Auba, Vardy and Martial out / Aggy, Salah, and Greenwood in for a minus 4

This game is all about dumping highly owned players before they go stale and getting in low owned players before they bandwagon. You sometimes have to make bold moves.

In addition to the arguments already made by the pro-Aggy camp, I would say that there may be signs Vardy will dry up. His Xg is far lower than what he's achieved. He's on track for 30+ goals this season and he's never had a season like that. I don't believe his form in the first half of the season is sustainable and variance suggests he should score less. Then I would say the same about Leicester generally- they're a superb team but i don't think they're an 80 point plus team. The loss at home to Soton is a question mark.

Ultimately Aguero is what he's always been - the most explosive player in the game who is a rotation risk. You can look at the risk either way - a risk not to own him and miss out on a haul or a risk to have 11.8 on the bench.

I think he'll start on the weekend after scoring 3 last week. If he's benched midweek i can live with that as I'll have Salah captained.

The arguments for Vardy are totally valid but my gut is telling me to go for Aggy

Vardy went up last nite so there are obviously plenty of people who think he still has lots left to give

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

My gut feeling says STOP CALLING HIM AGGY :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

COH wrote: »
    My gut feeling says STOP CALLING HIM AGGY :pac:

Yeah...everyone knows it's Aguerio :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

miller82 wrote: »

I think so pending presser and maybe regardless. Firmino in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tempted by 2 options for Rashford/Zaha for -4.
    A: Aguero/Noble
    B: Mane/Greenwood

Could also just do Rashford to Firmino but love owning Aguero and also want rid of Zaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

miller82 wrote: »

Given that he’s supposedly injured then yes, but might depend on you paid for and can sell him at etc,

It adds an interesting dynamic if he is injured for a while in that Greenwood at 4.3m could become a viable option and not just a bench fodder - which will allow folk to upgrade elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Tempted by 2 options for Rashford/Zaha for -4.
    A: Aguero/Noble
    B: Mane/Greenwood

Could also just do Rashford to Firmino but love owning Aguero and also want rid of Zaha.

Did option A with Willian instead of Zaha.

On the Aguero v Vardy debate it's really a matter of opinion/gut, there is no wrong or right answer. I eventually came down on Augero's side but with Maddision as Leicster cover incase they pump an out of sorts Burnley.

Advertisement