Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job - red flags

Options
  • 11-01-2020 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going unreg for this, started a new job about a month ago.

A few red flags very early on about how the company income is dealt with, mainly regarding the way the books are being done plus a few things other staff members have said.

My gut just feels off, part of my role involves finances and I think it's not all above board and I don't want any part in anything like that.

I don't know what to do, my predecessor only stayed for a short time too so I was thinking of maybe checking in with them see if I can get a feel for things or maybe their opinion?

I feel terrible for thinking this and I hope I'm wrong but how do I know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Job hunt, and quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Report to revenue if you have concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Report to revenue if you have concerns.

Yes was thinking this, I guess I'm worried about doing this in case I'm wrong.

I'm still job-hunting at the minute in the hopes of getting out of there, really dissapointing.

I want as far away from anything shady, also concerned that I will be dealing directly with finances and I am worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Talk to your boss about your concerns. See what happens.

Advertisement