Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nest doorbell - does it record?

Options
  • 11-01-2020 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭

Hey. Quick question. After a spate of burglaries in the area, I'm thinking of getting a CCTV doorbell. I know the amazon Ring one can record based on movement, etc., but I'm failing to find specs for the Google Nest one. Can that be set to record movement, or does it just show you who has approached the door/rung the doorbell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hey. Quick question. After a spate of burglaries in the area, I'm thinking of getting a CCTV doorbell. I know the amazon Ring one can record based on movement, etc., but I'm failing to find specs for the Google Nest one. Can that be set to record movement, or does it just show you who has approached the door/rung the doorbell?

Nest does the same - records motion etc within its field and sends notifications. You need a Nest Aware subscription to keep history. €50 gives you 5 days of history.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Thanks for that, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Records about 3 hours of footage for free, personally we have not signed up for the subscription as if we had a break in the main house alarm would go off. I'd be taking screen shots on my phone of any people the nest had pictures of.

Advertisement