If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Availability of LG OLED65E9PLA

Options
  • 11-01-2020 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Happy new year to you John and all your staff.

As per title I am in the market for a new TV and would like to know you opinion on the LG OLED listed above.

Please advise on price and availability

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

macker64 wrote: »
    Happy new year to you John and all your staff.

As per title I am in the market for a new TV and would like to know you opinion on the LG OLED listed above.

Please advise on price and availability
    Hey Macker64.

Thanks for coming back again to us.

The 65E9 is a fantastic television and produces an amazing image.

Its current price of 2799 Euro is a good deal. This also includes our VIP 6 year guarantee and delivery.
    I could squeeze this a tiny bit lower down to 2765 Euro.

We currently have one of these here at the Belfast store brand new boxed ready for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭macker64

Thank you kindly for the prompt reply.

Can you confirm it has  Saorview & Freesat tuners?

What would you say are the negative points with this set?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

macker64 wrote: »
    Thank you kindly for the prompt reply.

Can you confirm it has  Saorview & Freesat tuners?

What would you say are the negative points with this set?
    Hi Macker64.

It does indeed have Saorview and Freesat tuners built in.

There are two sort of negative points for this television.

The first would be the possibility of screen burn or image retention as with all OLED TV's. 
    While its rare it still can happen if the TV is not used correctly.
    (By this I mean leaving static images up on screen for long periods of time) Its sort of like the older Plasma Technology that could also suffer this fate.
    To be honest I'll only seen a handful of OLEDs with this issue over the years that we have sold OLED.
    Screen burn is not covered by LG's manufacturers warranty or by our 6 year guarantee.

The second is that you don't own one yet ;)

Joking aside.
    These are fantastic televisions and as long as you change stations every now and again or if your using it to play the Playstation or XBox try to mix the games up so that the same health bars or speed dials or not on the screen for hours on end.
    They also have a built in screen wipe which you can set to run weekly or can be used when ever you feel like it.
    I play a lot of games on mine and have had no issue myself. I have one of the older B7 series.

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.