Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

125 cc bike wanted - possible project - Cork City area

Options
  • 11-01-2020 3:14pm

Hi all,

Looking for a 125cc bike (or maybe 100cc 2 stroke) so my wife can learn to ride as she already has a 125cc licence.

Something like a cg125, gn125 ybr125 etc. Not cruisers or dirt bikes.

If bike starts and runs ill consider it, as I can fix most stuff. Willing to pay up to a grand depending on condition.

Girly colours a plus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The last 100/125cc two-strokes would be getting close to 30 years old now. For serious collectors only.

YBR125 seems to be the A1-class bike of choice these days. Haven't seen a new CG in donkey's years. GN125 is dog slow and unreliable.

If she already has an A1 licence, how is she 'learning' ? You don't get that thrown in for free with passing the cage test.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

Hi all,

Looking for a 125cc bike (or maybe 100cc 2 stroke) so my wife can learn to ride as she already has a 125cc licence.

Are you sure you're not confusing the AM (moped) category with an A1 (125cc). The AM was included on full car (B) licences issued pre Oct 2006 but limits you to 50cc vehicles. If its an A1 full fire away, A1 learner will need to do IBT before going on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Older UK licences ( up to the mid nineties I think) gave an A1 motorcycle licence when the car test was passed. I have one of these. Suspect the OP is in the same position.

Same was true in Ireland. I had an A1 licence with my car test in the 90s as did my wife. And a tractor licence (W) too. You just had to tick the box on the form.

Advertisement