Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank app issue

• 11-01-2020 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Having a serious issue with Ulsterbank at the moment. I can’t access my bank account online whatsoever, either via the app or the browser/webpage. Tried multiple devices/WiFi etc. Spoke to them, they said it would usually happen if there was a security issue flagged but confirmed that there’s none. I can use my card/withdraw funds etc just fine but I can’t view my credit or debit card balances.

I’ve logged a complaint and the technical team promised to phone back but they never do.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I can try next?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

What kind of error do you get? Give us some details of your devices (PC/iOS/Android)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

On the browser, UB’s page allows me to enter my customer number, followed by my pin and password, then I get a message saying “Service Currently Unavailable”

On the app I input fingerprint and get a “Sorry we are struggling to establish a connection with you”

All the same on multiple devices/connections.

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Are all the devices connecting to the internet via the same wireless connection (i.e. the same modem/router)? Can you try one via mobile data/3G?

No, they’re not. Tried in work/at home etc using both WiFi and mobile data. Cleared cookies etc

I recently updated an address, my gut feeling is that it’s linked to that but UB swear blind there’s no flags on my account. Very frustrating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Tried to uninstall & reinstall the app?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

On the browser, UB’s page allows me to enter my customer number, followed by my pin and password, then I get a message saying “Service Currently Unavailable”

On the app I input fingerprint and get a “Sorry we are struggling to establish a connection with you”

These messages seem to suggest that it is not related in anyway to your account... since it is not a general outage, it might be your installation.

Any chance you got a family member with an account as well, who could try to long in on your device? If not then try the nuclear option - reinstall.

I’ve reinstalled the app, no joy. Cleared cookies etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Did you jailbreak/root the phone or perhaps get the phone networked unlocked in a shop recently? Some of those apps and browsers don't allow those phone onto there accounts anymore.

Nothing like that. These lads are jokers. I lodged a ticket with technical support last Wednesday, they’ve a 2 working days response time. Nobody called. Followed up today and their solution is to lodge another ticket and wait 2 more days.

Just an update: App started working all of a sudden yesterday evening. Never heard a word off the Technical Team. Got a text off Ulsterbank confirming the address change I made last week. I’m guessing it hadn’t been processed and the account was flagged. Better late than never though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement