Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stationary water filters

• 11-01-2020 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I thing I'm having some health problems linked to water quality (they go away when I'm in entirely different locations). We do use a regular jug filter but that's fairly limited. On top of it, high-magnesium water was recommended for a family member.

So ideally I'd like to get an under-counter stationary filter system, reverse osmosis and all. But I need a re-mineralizing stage after the reverse osmosis - and ideally it should be higher magnesium.

There's a lot of systems on Amazon but I kinda can't work out how to choose one, and I can't find higher magnesium remineralisaton cartridges - how do I navigate this choice? The local plumbing shop has just one system, way expensive and no remineralisation at all.

Also am I right that I don't need a pumped system? The pressure in the water mains is quite decent.

Or should I just get a magnesium-filter jug (available on Amazon) and hope this will be enough?

All advice very much appreciated.

EDIT: This seems to be what I need, and it ships to Ireland for a mere tenner apparently while being cheaper than Amazon's version of this same model that does not ship to Ireland at all. But should I trust it? https://www.ebay.ie/itm/PUR-Booster-Quick-7-Stufen-Direct-flow-Osmoseanlage-ERSATZFILTERSET-/223066264800

Advertisement