Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

External wall pump insulation

• 12-01-2020 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

Looking at having walls pumped in dormer bungalow

The external walls are 2 leaf concrete block
    construction, with continuous interim cavity, which incorporates board
    insulation.

Don't have exact width of board.
    Would thee be much benefit to having the walls pumped?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

limnam wrote: »

insulation.

Every extra bit of insulation helps so there will be a benefit.
    If the existing insulation is modern high quality then the benefit will be smaller than if the existing insulation was old styrofoam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

Is there still a Grant going on this.... my house is 25 hrs old and I am start8ng to think that it is not holding the heat like it should!

Will look to get insulated if grant going for next Winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Masala wrote: »
    Is there still a Grant going on this.... my house is 25 hrs old and I am start8ng to think that it is not holding the heat like it should!

Will look to get insulated if grant going for next Winter

Where does time go? Seems like only yesterday it was built.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Masala wrote:

There is a €400 Grant available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

limnam wrote: »

insulation.

As your house is a dormer bungalow, the chances are that your main heat loss mechanism is convection losses (aka draughts). Therefore, in my opinion and experience, pumping whatever cavity there is in the walls will have minimal, if any, effect.
    Your best bet is to have the house tested for heat loss first so you'll know where to spend your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

MicktheMan wrote: »
    As your house is a dormer bungalow, the chances are that your main heat loss mechanism is convection losses (aka draughts). Therefore, in my opinion and experience, pumping whatever cavity there is in the walls will have minimal, if any, effect.
    Your best bet is to have the house tested for heat loss first so you'll know where to spend your money.

How best can you get this done....??? Who / Where would provide this service??

Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

search heat loss survey.

Advertisement