Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart plug/socket

Options
  • 12-01-2020 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Bought a few Sonoff smart sockets last year, good deal great - recently got a new phone which connects to home wifi via 5ghz.

However the sonoff app requires 2.4ghz and complains about me not using a 2.4ghz device ( as far as i know nothing in the house is )

Is there some way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

You might need to connect your phone to your routers 2.4ghz WiFi first to get the app to recognise the plugs

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

wi-fi-bands.jpg

Force 2.4 and itll work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

ED E wrote: »
    wi-fi-bands.jpg

Force 2.4 and itll work.
    I have a samsung S8, searched around don't see any menu similar to that, how did you get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you don't have that menu then you need to change the name of one of your networks so that 2.4 and 5ghz don't transmit the same SSID. Search the Broadband forum for instructions how to login to your router.

Advertisement