Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Issue

• 12-01-2020 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭

I have 2 nest thermostats, one each for upstairs and downstairs. Last night my burner was on heating upstairs. Turned down nest thermometer. 30 mins later I notice burner is going again and heating upstairs, heating is turned off upstairs and downstairs, what we heating isn’t turned on. All thermostats and apps say heating is off but the burner still keeps going and heating upstairs only.

I’ve tried everything, reset the thermostat upstairs, even through the app I’ve disabled the upstairs thermostat from heating but it’s made no difference, it keeps turning on the burner even when target temp is reached it still keeps turning on the burner but only affects upstairs.

I’ve had to go outside and manually turn the burner off.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi the kelt,

Electric Ireland's dedicated Home Energy Services team are the department to put this query to, and they can go through it.

Their telephone number is 1850 372 333.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Hi the kelt,

Electric Ireland's dedicated Home Energy Services team are the department to put this query to, and they can go through it.

Their telephone number is 1850 372 333.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Thank you for that.

I got through to them but have to say im a little bit disappointed to find out that im being charged here for the repair and call out charge, the system is barely in 9 months and has acted up through no fault of ours.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CandyWhistles

the kelt wrote: »
    I have 2 nest thermostats, one each for upstairs and downstairs. Last night my burner was on heating upstairs. Turned down nest thermometer. 30 mins later I notice burner is going again and heating upstairs, heating is turned off upstairs and downstairs, what we heating isn’t turned on. All thermostats and apps say heating is off but the burner still keeps going and heating upstairs only.

I’ve tried everything, reset the thermostat upstairs, even through the app I’ve disabled the upstairs thermostat from heating but it’s made no difference, it keeps turning on the burner even when target temp is reached it still keeps turning on the burner but only affects upstairs.

I’ve had to go outside and manually turn the burner off.

Any ideas?
    Im having similar problems and its a pain manually powering of the boiler. I'm also going to be charged for the call out. Did you manage to get your problem resolved?

Advertisement