Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax Complete - says line failure, but line is working

Options
  • 12-01-2020 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I've had a Powermax Complete working perfectly for more than 5 years. Recently it's complaining about "line failure". But the phone line seems fine, the phone connected through the panel works fine, 48 V measured across the wires etc. I've disabled Private Report for now, so the alarm is still usable, but I'd really like to get it back fully working.

A comprehensive (IMO) Google search hasn't uncovered anyone else experiencing this.

My guess is something on the PCB that deals with the phone line is fried, and the only solution is a new panel/PCB. But perhaps others have encountered similar and there's a quick fix.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisement