Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPL Training (Old hours)

Options
  • 13-01-2020 9:58am

Hi,

Just a quick query in relation to hours completed over the last 10 years. Would these still count if logging towards a PPL.

I had 8/10 hours completed & stopped private pilot training for a number of reasons.

I have been juggling the idea of getting back into it.

These hours would be probably archived on the club master logging sheet & not in a personal log book. If instructors have moved on etc. would this be an issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Vinnie B wrote: »
    Hi,

Just a quick query in relation to hours completed over the last 10 years. Would these still count if logging towards a PPL.

I had 8/10 hours completed & stopped private pilot training for a number of reasons.

I have been juggling the idea of getting back into it.

These hours would be probably archived on the club master logging sheet & not in a personal log book. If instructors have moved one etc. would this be an issue?

Thanks

Yes, your old hours would still cound towards a PPL if you were to begin training now again, but not having them logged in your own logbook could be an issue if wherever you did the hours dont have a solid record of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I was in nearly the exactly same situation, when I went back to it I did an hour of upper-air handling etc then was back in the circuit.

I did the previous hours in the same school, had them logged in my logbook also, so they counted towards my training.

Still went well over the minimum 45 hours in any case though.

Advertisement