Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking my name off the bill

Options
  • 13-01-2020 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi

Myself and my husband have split up and I have moved out of the family home.
    I was wondering how do I go about getting my name off the bill and just leaving his name on it?

Thank you

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Realtai,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Is the account currently in joint names or your name only? We will need a meter reading to close the account and a new account will need to be opened. If the account is to be in his name only, he will need to contact Electric Ireland. 

If he contacts Electric Ireland with a meter reading and get the account into his name. The current account would automatically be closed. 

Alternatively, we can just close the account for you. A final bill will be issued but he will still need to register the account in his name. Just to make you aware, the supply may be disconnected if the property is not registered. There is a grace period of a few weeks but we recommend registering as soon as possible.

For us to close the account, we need the following details via private message:

- The name or names as they appear on the account
    - Your account number
    - The address of the property
    - The contact number on file
    - Confirmation you are the account holder
    - The final meter reading 
    - The date of the final meter reading

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement