Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order start date

Options
  • 13-01-2020 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi, in the 365online form for setting up a standing order the start date format is dd. How do I fill this in for a yearly standing order, i.e. will need day and month? Also what is the correct thing to do if the account name is longer than the form will accept?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Marlay,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards this morning.

When setting up a Yearly/Annual Standing Order on your 365 Online you will see a drop down menu beside the title 'frequency', once 'Yearly' has been selected you will be asked to enter the start date below.

The start day will need to be entered as a number, excluding the month/year. For example if you would like the standing order to debit your account on the 12th of the month it will need to be entered as '12'. Please note, it would be necessary to enter a date which falls on a working day (i.e. not Saturday or Sunday).

Once this has been completed you can move forward to the next step to activate the Standing Order. Here you will be asked to confirm the start date. A drop down calendar will appear in order for you to select the date/month you would like the standing order to begin.

In regards to the name of the standing order, it would be necessary to shorten the name of the account holder in order for it to be accepted.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling.

Advertisement