Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxed so heavily on Xmas OT/public holiday pay, is it worth it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Fann Linn wrote: »
    The most equitable tax system in the EU according to every media outlet yesterday.

Equitable by direct comparison with other tax regimes

UK has a fantastic NHS - saving potentially €1 to 3k a year or more in health insurance which is essentially a requirement here if you want to be seen with any speed.

There's that difference gone.
    DaveyDave wrote: »
    Sounds like people saying it's not worth it don't earn more than €35k...

It's exactly 20% of everything you earn over €35,300 less worth it.

Leo promised to increase the standard rate cutoff to €50k over several years, and then reneged on that promise. He previously promised to scrap USC and then didn't do that.

On my income which is slightly under halfway between the two USC alone would have saved me over a grand and tax close to two more. €3,000 a year is a lot of promise to break, and I dearly hope he gets hung out to dry at the election because of it.

Advertisement