Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE 2020 Cork South Central. See mode note in Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Donnacha topping the poll would be a surprise, as would mcgrath coming in 4th, but transfers will change that.

Donnacha will top the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Donnacha will top the poll.

Probably, but you would have to fancy Transfers changing who comes fourth. A better green candidate might have put more of a dent in FG, but it looks like a general switch to SF in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Probably, but you would have to fancy Transfers changing who comes fourth. A better green candidate might have put more of a dent in FG, but it looks like a general switch to SF in the area.

Transfer is who gets over the line but McGrath coming 4th in first preferences is a blow to him. He topped the poll last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

A little disturbing that over a thousand people gave that Aontu woman a vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Acosta wrote: »
    A little disturbing that over a thousand people gave that Aontu woman a vote.

Anna Daly? I know nothing about her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anna Daly? I know nothing about her

She runs life fm I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,989 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

First count in Cork south Central.

SF get the first seat in CSC.

3000 surplus, who’ll get that I winder

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Well done Donncha, 1st td eected:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Well done Donncha, 1st td eected:)

I’m absolutely delighted for him, it’s thoroughly deserved.

It's a bad sign for FG when the surplus of the SF candidate is nearly the same as your second candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I reckon Lorna Bogue could push up the pack with O'Laoghaire's surplus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Nice sing song when he was deemed elected :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm delighted he was re-elected. A fantastic public representative irrespective of what party he represents.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LeineGlas

Martin on RTÉ just now, sounds like he's softening to the idea of a coalition with SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

I agree with all you say, this proves the point. It’s not a major issue in your area or surrounding areas bar a handful of people. Buttimer not getting elected shows it.

Somewhat:
    Buttimer went from 1 to 7 for me in 4 years, 100% because of the M28. I’m generally disposed towards FG but I will drop a myopic candidate in a flash. So no vote to replace mine appeared from Rochestown.

But in reality he was a surplus-carried candidate, and coveney has no surplus now to share.

I think the retirement of John Dennehy has removed the working class cork south central vote from FF for good, and 9 years in power is enough to remove the last of the vote for FG as a viable alternative from the working class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Sorry, but it was embarrassing and pathetic really. This is the kind of crap they will need to stop if they want to promote an inclusve united Ireland and be taken seriously. Less of the UKIP/Brexit party type flag waving nonsense please.

Another SF guy just got elected there in Dublin West an none of that crap. Normal celebration. Thats how it should be done.

Ludo wrote: »
    Sorry, but it was embarrassing and pathetic really. This is the kind of crap they will need to stop if they want to promote an inclusve united Ireland and be taken seriously. Less of the UKIP/Brexit party type flag waving nonsense please.

Another SF guy just got elected there in Dublin West an none of that crap. Normal celebration. Thats how it should be done.

Absolutely nothing wrong with holding up our national flag. Fair enough with the singing but nothing wrong with being proud of our flag.

• Advertisement

Absolutely nothing wrong with holding up our national flag. Fair enough with the singing but nothing wrong with being proud of our flag.

I agree in principal but along with the singing and the easter rising scarf seen earlier in Dublin with the black and tans rendition, it is all a bit unnecessary. We are generally horrified and make fun when we see others do it so same applies here. All the candidates are Irish so it is kind of superfluous.

Eoin O'Brion elected earlier and again none of that nonsense. He is very impressive.

I agree in principal but along with the singing and the easter rising scarf seen earlier in Dublin with the black and tans rendition, it is all a bit unnecessary. We are generally horrified and make fun when we see others do it so same applies here. All the candidates are Irish so it is kind of superfluous.

Eoin O'Brion elected earlier and again none of that nonsense. He is very impressive.

Yes, I do see your point....”we’re on the one road” is a little bit less extreme than “come out ye Black and Tans” lol - I josh. The one in Dublin was a bit more cringe alright, they could have left off with the singing but I really don’t see a problem with the tricolour - we know all the candidates are Irish, but Sinn Fein are a strong United ireland party at the end of the day.

Eoin O’ Broin speaks very well and just heard Donncha himself - first time I heard him speak and he’s very articulate.

Did ye all miss the mess up FG made of the RIC commemorations and how That song became so popular because of it!!!

When is count 2 coming,they are only taking donncadhs vote and a pro rata on his surplus,surely would be fast, I think the greens could be a major shock

Did ye all miss the mess up FG made of the RIC commemorations and how That song became so popular because of it!!!

Ah come one...even Mary Lou said earlier on Virgin TV when interviewed that it should probably be kept out of the count hall and reserved for the private celebration later.

She went up in my estimation I must say that she didnt just come out and defend it like most leaders probably would.

Ah come one...even Mary Lou said earlier on Virgin TV when interviewed that it should probably be kept out of the count hall and reserved for the private celebration later.

She went up in my estimation I must say that she didnt just come out and defend it like most leaders probably would.

I didn’t say I agreed with it, but it was clearly poking fun at FG and the RIC commemoration was a big part of the story of the election.

When is count 2 coming,they are only taking donncadhs vote and a pro rata on his surplus,surely would be fast, I think the greens could be a major shock

They will need to pull a massive rabbit out of a massive hat to make 4th.

They will need to pull a massive rabbit out of a massive hat to make 4th.

I dont think FF and FG will be transfer friendly and coveney will probably get buttimers

• Registered Users Posts: 86,681 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

heard the blue rinse brigade were lining up to get martins autograph the other day in douglas court

Advertisement