Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Pro Pixelation

Options
  • 13-01-2020 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, weird issue. Since about 20 min ago, the image on my Pro is pixelated. See attached. I was using it for 15 minutes watching something on Crunchyroll, and it was streaming perfect. Menus and XMB were fine. Started Odyssey and loading fine, but when the gameplay loaded, it was pixelated. Now everything is, including the menus and XMB.

It's not the tv, works fine. Not the connection, as wouldn't affect the XMB. Settings are still the same. Reseated cables, bypassed VR, same issue. Googled and tried the few suggestions, still the same.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Did your TV change aspect ratio on the ps4 input channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

No, nothing changed as far as I am aware, but tried different HDMI ports on the tv with the same result (HDMI 1.4).

But, just solved it. No idea how or why, but I turned on the PSVR and when the screen reloaded the issue was gone. Turned off the VR and the issue is gone. Thinking something must have happened in the VR processor unit. And I haven't used VR in a few days. Strange!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Could be a HDCP issue.

Don't think it was that, just something that happened with the VR processing unit, and turning it on and off fixed it. Strange though.

Happened again. I usually have the PS4 Pro in a dock with the PSVR Processor and the headset sitting on top, all connected all the time. Last few nights, I've moved the tv and the PS4 only and without the VR Processor it was working fine. Was playing earlier today, moved the tv and PS4 again and the pixelation as soon as I started it. Restarted, same thing. Brought out the PSVR rig, connected it up without turning off the PS4 and when the tv turned on it was fine. So definitely something to do with the VR Processor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement