Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting my laptop to work correctly

Options
  • 13-01-2020 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

My laptop seems to be on the blink again. Anytime I'm using it if I try to go into a folder, I click on my screen but the top right folder opens up instead of the one I'm.wanting to go in. If I click on the folder icon at the bottom of my screen, scroll down on the side to find the folder I need to open, all folders above that opens up.

When I'm on Adobe reader to read plans, it's reading the wrong measurements plus I cant set the scale correctly.

When I click a new window to open in the top bar so it's beside the other one, a whole new window appears and so on.

Theres a sticky keys pop up would pop up after awhile. I click it to disappear then 20mins later it'll pop up again with a beeping noise.

Is there anything I can do to get this back to normal.

I've tried free antivirus however anytime I go through it to the end, it's always asking me to pay. I've run a Malwarebytes but still having issues.

Where do I start to get this laptop back working again properly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Str4ngeBr3w

Possibly a stuck button on your keyboard / trackpad. Well that's what I'd initially guess. To find out for sure, disconnect the keyboard and trackpad (could be awkward, generally after the keyboard is removed there will be two ribbon connectors to detach) then you could plug in a USB keyboard and mouse and if it's operational then you've narrowed the problem down. Then reattach one and unplug one of the USB and retry it.

If it's not the keyboard or trackpad I'd guess it's something software related. If that's the case I'd boot from a CD, something like Hiren boot CD would be perfect or maybe a Linux CD and see if the problem is replicated. As you'd be booting a different operating system nothing installed in your version of Windows will interfere.

It'll be one of these two possibilities I'd say..

As for Free software for protection, I use these ;

Avast Anti-Virus Free,
    Super Anti Spyware Free,
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free,
    Comodo Free Firewall.

Can't say I've ever had any problems.. it's not worth paying for protection

Advertisement