Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving the hospital procedure

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

So many things are "policy" for no good reason.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha youll have to get used to Assumptions with babies, tis mad.. And the information you get from different maternity wards is crazy, some will tell you one thing and another a another way.. So just do what ye like once tis safe for baby...I would not trust that citizen information website either that is often wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

maxsmum wrote: »
    You can hold a child on your lap in a car. I suppose it's technically restrained. The car seat is if they're sitting alone.

Thats not really what the legislation says.

The only time its not involved is when its a Taxi, and even then thats just to absolve the driver.

If you are in a private car then all passengers must be restrained properly, a child on your lap is not "properly".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Bring your sling, but my only word of caution is that you will have practically zero power in your core muscles and carrying the baby in a sling just might not be physically possible for you, in addition to stitches and all else.But I'm sure your OH could carry baby if needed.I mean, if they really need to see where you are bringing the baby it's really them that will have to go to the effort to come check your car, and I doubt they have the time.

Advertisement