Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morbius [Jared Leto]

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Which will happen first: climate collapse or the release of Morbius?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just saw Spider-Man No Way Home started filming in September 2020 eight months after the first Morbis teaser came out on Janaury 13th 2020.

It has now also been postponed more times than The New Mutants.

It has a 1 hours and 48 minute run time.

At least Sony are staying well away from the 3 hour movies Marvel & DC are making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

April 2022 release now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

First response from the public is decidedly negative seemingly:

Which probably doesn't come as a surprise to most. I'm curious to see how it will connect to the various other movies but I'll probably skip the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I"ve seen a few call it the worst comic book movie ever.

Once or twice could be dismissed as hyperbole but this seems chronic.

Also it has 2 post credit scenes if anyone is going to watch in cinema (those are apparently 2 of the worst scenes soo.....yeah)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Can’t believe anyone watches this crap over 15 to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Reviews are horrendous...17 percent on rotten tomatoes....

• Advertisement

Merdius by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Was looking forward to this all along but reviews are leading me to think that it may be worth waiting for a streaming release

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sony singlehandedly dismantling many fond childhood memories from the 90s TAS and the worst thing is that there's more to come. How the fcuk can Amy Pascal and Avi Arad get away with this bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭santana75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Saw it today with low expectations and it was fine, weak 3/5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well, perhaps to no great surprise, Leto gotta Leto; in this instance, pretending to be disabled, even between shoots to the extent he was given a wheelchair so he could go to the loo quicker 🤦🙄

• Advertisement

Just like the Vemon films it's a hit at the box office so there will be no stopping Sony making more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hit simply by sheer scale. It got beaten to the top spot in every major market it was released in that also saw the release of sonic the hedgehog 2 (UK, France, Germany, Australia) and in most of those market it got beaten comfortably. It made 4 million in the UK, Sonic 2 made 6.5. In france 2.7 million to Sonic's 5 million. It only comes out on top because it opened across south america, the middle east and Asia. While Sonic 2 only opened in a number of european markets and australia (where again Sonic beat it)

And Fantastic beasts 3 is dropping after Sonic leaving it 2 weeks in the us box office with 2 bigger films ahead of it to scratch together enough before Dr Strange comes in and pushes it out entirely at the start of May. It's not going to make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I remember a friend saying a couple of years ago: "Well, I'm glad that Leto's film career is taking off. It means we won't have to listen to any more God awful Emo tripe"...... At this stage, I welcome back "30 seconds to Mars"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

My gods this was dreadful.

How does Jared Leto keep getting work? I know his a big deal back in the emo band days but bloody hell.

That was awful how does leto keep getting lead roles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Muck absolute muck.

Only manage an hour and had to turn it off.

It felt like big sections of the movie were chopped out and just jumped to the next section of the script.

If this was a made for TV it would still be terrible.

I'm done with these super hero type movies because they are ALL terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,021 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ah in fairness this one is a pretty clear outlier in the genre... it's like if some random person off the street half-watched a few other superhero movies while scrolling their phone and decided to have a bash off it themselves. It's just bland and empty, without any charm or personality or reason for being.

Unfortunately the same lads wrote Madame Web, so I'd say that's a nailed on bust as well. They also wrote Gods of Egypt, which is another dumpster fire. One of their surnames is "Sharpless", which kinda sums up their writing. Blunt and devoid of craft. Why do lads this bad get given big money projects like this?

As one tiny little bright spark, I did think Matt Smith was decent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I liked Matt Smith hamming it up Nic Cage style, best part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

is this bad in a good way or just bad? I enjoyed God's of Egypt, it was camp non serious easy watching, dislike most marvel films though as they are soulless

Advertisement