Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appointment in Dublin

Options
  • 13-01-2020 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I am from Galway & I have an appointment in the EYE & EAR Clinic Adelaide Road. I will be able to drive to Kilcock or Maynooth or Mullingar to get the train. The appointment is at 10 am. Would any boardie be able to help me which train to take so that it wouldn't be a long walk. Well, I could get a taxi from the station. Which train station is nearest to the clinic. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get the train from Maynooth to Connolly.
    Get to the LUAS stop in Marlborough Street (back of where Clery's was).

You can walk this, but if vision or mobility is an issue, from Connolly, cross over the road to the Busaras LUAS stop and get it one stop to Abbey.
    Walk around the corner to the Marlborough Street LUAS stop.

Get Green line LUAS to Charlemont stop and from there walk to the Eye and Ear (about 250 metres).

I think this is probably the most straightforward way of doing it.

If there was a train leaving Maynooth between 8.00 and about 8.20am that would do, though of course if you leave earlier, you lessen the stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

hillbloom wrote: »
    I am from Galway & I have an appointment in the EYE & EAR Clinic Adelaide Road. I will be able to drive to Kilcock or Maynooth or Mullingar to get the train. The appointment is at 10 am. Would any boardie be able to help me which train to take so that it wouldn't be a long walk. Well, I could get a taxi from the station. Which train station is nearest to the clinic. Thanks for any help.

Echoing what the poster above has said, you can also get the Maynooth to Connolly train but get off at Broombridge train station which will enable you to get the green line Luas from Broombridge station to Charlemont Luas stop without having to manouevre your way out of Connolly station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

It's not a long walk, about 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Maynooth station is very busy for parking in the morning even as early as 7am it is often full.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

You could get the train from Galway to Heuston and then get the 145 bus from Heuston station to Leeson street bridge.

The 145 leaves directly from Heuston and stops less than 5 minutes from the Eye & Ear hospital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

vriesmays wrote: »
    It's not a long walk, about 25 minutes.

And probably the most reliable way of getting there! Good luck with the appointment.

Advertisement