Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hermes - lost Items

• 13-01-2020 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Bought two items on eBay not long after Christmas and they were both shipped by Hermes.

Both sellers have come back to me saying Hermes have lost my order before they reached Parcelmotel but scanned in Belfast.

Anybody else have problems with Hermes for Parcelmotel orders?
    My RM order arrived in PM no problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Previous reports have come in suggesting PW orders going to PM and vice versa. One of the others may have your item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Only ever had Hermes parcels go missing, but that said only two in 19 years of ebaying. Hermes survives on self employed drivers, they only get paid per parcel delivered. If they had a tipper truck they would tip the lot in Parcel Motels gate and mark it left in a safe place. But I sympathise because after costs they get about 25c per parcel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Had one issue with hermes. Last year they lost my parcel even before it reached Northern Ireland.

So, yes, it happens, but it's hermes' fault, I'd say. ;)

Advertisement