Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homer J. Fong IS The Walrus - Grand Reveal!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Here's tonight's playlist; unfortunately Slade's Radio Wall of Sound isn't on Spotify so instead I've included a cover version by The Chalets (it was either this or a cover by Mick White; had a quick listen to both and the Chalets sounded marginally better)

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1IsgHUPEitEFHZxh8HvJxw

And here's the table after Round 3: Marflutter and The Countess are neck-and-neck at the top, while 《snipped》[/TABLE]

Thanks everyone who tuned in tonight, I'll hopefully get the 2010's round scored over the weekend and then see if I can fit in the Jokers too, if not it might be next weekend before the final round is revealed.

Until next time! :)

That's terrible who ever submitted the song should be credited with an extra 10,000 points :D

The anon thing is a bit odd, I it want to comment and argue about my choices but don't want to give it away :p

Yeah, there are pluses and minuses to this system. It's great from my perspective to be able to rank everything anonymously, and also fun to guess who's who! But I definitely don't want to stifle any discussion on the thread either.

Incidentally I have a list of who I think is who after the first three rounds: probably not correct on all of them but I'd be fairly confident I have at least half of these right!

Aleshark
    Someone who likes wrestling…phatkev?

Countess Bathrobinson Bailecoffin
    Someone who likes a "classic" pop sound….am leaning towards ASLB

Fanghoward
    Pretzill - I know this one!

Harmony Cullran
    Someone with VERY eclectic tastes…..Sheridan maybe? I can definitely imagine Flipper's Guitar coming from the same guy who gave us It's a Rave Dave!

Hayesshine
    Difficult one to pin down…...tusk, perhaps?

Helraham Jamesorty
    First two submissions were quite angry songs…who here might be angry….is beakerjoe angry?

Jameslon Barspell
    Mustang Shelly? White Wedding gives me that vibe

Kingolas
    Am thinking Electric Nitwit, based on the indie/Britpop submissions

Lolliclarke
    Triceratops Ballet? Said she regretted her submissions,and the first two didn't do too well!

Marflutter
    I'm thinking osh, as he mentioned a risky Round 1 submission. Also I've liked osh's previous Walrus submissions, and Round 2 and 3 both went down well with me!

Marshallazora Satanwest
    Definitely a rock music fan anyway…..Trigger?

Mediphira
    Icehouse and The Verve is a bizarre duo……I dunno, Green&Red maybe?

Palka Stephenflame
    I'm left with Barney92 by process of elimination, not all confident on this one though.

Rosparkle
    The Puff Daddy choice is pointing me towards Necro, I might be wrong but did he nominate that on Kolido's 90's thread?

Spencerpop
    Has to be Rikand, based on the dance music submissions

Yollins Roseverse
    Lol, is a spoiler even necessary? Definitely spook!

Yompson Hamoondancer
    Gonna guess MicksJaguar, though I've no idea why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

You've discovered my alias at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Good list, will be interesting to see how many are right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    You've discovered my alias at least...

He has discovered mine too, just beside the wrong name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nah mate, guess again for me anyway Homer.

Wasn't pleased where I ranked in Round 3 (still, have to listen to everyone else's choices for that round), but happy enough with where I fell in the first two rounds, if that gives you any clues. My round 3 song was the one I was wariest about actually.

To be fair, the person you've credited with my choices is someone I think I'm on a similar enough wavelength with, pretty sure I really liked a lot of their choices in Barney and Kingsley's Walrus, if my memory serves me correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,430 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

He got me right :)

Just finishing off the rankings for Round 4. Hope to do that reveal tomorrow night. Interesting mix of choices, and very few that I had heard before.
    Nah mate, guess again for me anyway Homer.

Wasn't pleased where I ranked in Round 3 (still, have to listen to everyone else's choices for that round), but happy enough with where I fell in the first two rounds, if that gives you any clues. My round 3 song was the one I was wariest about actually.

To be fair, the person you've credited with my choices is someone I think I'm on a similar enough wavelength with, pretty sure I really liked a lot of their choices in Barney and Kingsley's Walrus, if my memory serves me correctly.

Oh well, would have been a miracle if I got them all correct! If I did I'd start doing the Lotto. :P

Your hint is leading me towards you being
    Mediphira
    ....which would then suggest that
    GnR might be the Countess, but perhaps not as there are several other possibilities that I've put in the wrong way!

Just finishing off the rankings for Round 4. Hope to do that reveal tomorrow night. Interesting mix of choices, and very few that I had heard before.

Oh well, would have been a miracle if I got them all correct! If I did I'd start doing the Lotto. :P

Your hint is leading me towards you being
    Mediphira
    ....which would then suggest that
    GnR might be the Countess, but perhaps not as there are several other possibilities that I've put in the wrong way!

Hit the nail on the head that time alright, but I don't think you have the other person right (not that I know, just a hunch)...

Trying to guess who everyone is, is a bit like trying to solve a murder mystery, in fairness. :D

• Advertisement

Aaaargh, now I'm intrigued to find out who you think who I thought you were is!!! (Even reading that sentence back hurts a little)

Some are definitely harder to place than others; in particular I was really a bit clueless trying to guess Hayesshine, Palka Stephenflame, Helraham Jamesorty, Yompson Hamoondancer, Countess BB and Mediphira - at least I know one of those now!

Maybe when I "unhide" the list of names for Round 4 and see who submitted what it'll become clearer.
    Trigger wrote: »
    He has discovered mine too, just beside the wrong name

Aww really? I was actually mildly confident I had that one right. :(

Personally, by looking at previous walruses i think Necro is leading here, I guessed one of the songs in the first round was his and the next two haven't changed my mind :D

Aww really? I was actually mildly confident I had that one right. :(

Nah, your reasoning is skewed :p I typically am a rock fan but nothing too much, as I am only new to music as a whole, I listen and am a fan of most Genres, except Metal few that , alt Rock/indie would be my favourite really.

I do try to mix a bit when giving answers to walruses though.

Aaaargh, now I'm intrigued to find out who you think who I thought you were is!!! (Even reading that sentence back hurts a little)

Some are definitely harder to place than others; in particular I was really a bit clueless trying to guess Hayesshine, Palka Stephenflame, Helraham Jamesorty, Yompson Hamoondancer, Countess BB and Mediphira - at least I know one of those now!

Maybe when I "unhide" the list of names for Round 4 and see who submitted what it'll become clearer.

That sentence hurts my brain too... :D

I actually can't quite pinpoint who
    Green&Red
    actually is because I haven't studied the songs as much as you have and I haven't been around the forum long enough to be overly certain on anyone's tastes just yet (bar one or two obvious ones... ***cough***Necro***cough***), its more so that I don't think they're
    Countess BB
    because I had a look at those songs for the first 3 rounds when you thought that was me, which are good songs by the way, but probably not stuff I'd actually go for myself in something like this, and my gut is telling me
    Green&Red
    hasn't gone for those three songs either, hence me thinking you were barking up the wrong tree by just flipping those two once you knew who I was, if that makes sense... :confused::D;)

giphy.gif

Ok, Round 4 has now been scored.

Quite a lot of songs in the middle positions were tough to rank and the order underwent a few revisions. But we'll be ready to go tomorrow night, hopefully kicking off sometime between 7.30pm and 8. :)

Had a quick listen to Round 3 songs this morning - some nice choices, nothing really wowed me though, and some of the scoring decisions has made me a tad nervous about my final 2 songs, which in my mind were my strongest entries, but now I don't know how well they'll do at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Had a quick listen to Round 3 songs this morning - some nice choices, nothing really wowed me though, and some of the scoring decisions has made me a tad nervous about my final 2 songs, which in my mind were my strongest entries, but now I don't know how well they'll do at all...

Seems like a long way of saying you don’t rate Homer’s taste

Edit: given my scoring in the last round I wholeheartedly endorse the sentiment

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29dd3c5add3621c94ec2bfb7dc22e32f5d48e9e9fc&rid=giphy.gif

I'm pretty much nervous about my selection on Rd4 as I selected a song that is very much hit and miss with people.. hoping Homer enjoyed it :pac:

I reckon he will enjoy my Rd5 pick anyways

Green&Red wrote: »
    Seems like a long way of saying you don’t rate Homer’s taste

Edit: given my scoring in the last round I wholeheartedly endorse the sentiment

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29dd3c5add3621c94ec2bfb7dc22e32f5d48e9e9fc&rid=giphy.gif

:D

giphy.gif

Trigger wrote: »
    I'm pretty much nervous about my selection on Rd4 as I selected a song that is very much hit and miss with people.. hoping Homer enjoyed it :pac:

I reckon he will enjoy my Rd5 pick anyways

It always mystifies me how people remember their picks, who are these people? Jimmy McGee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

It always mystifies me how people remember their picks, who are these people? Jimmy McGee?

I don't remember mine! I keep having to check back on my list!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote:

I save my PM :D

Necro wrote: »
    I save my PM :D

Nerd

Yes

You know, feelin' good was good enough for me
    Good enough for me and my Jimmy McGee
    ... wait, is that right? I can't remember

I just checked my entry - I submitted Portishead for my Joker, and they won round 3. I then changed my mind to go for something more obscure. It's not the winning, it's the taking part, right? :p

Sorry guys, been feeling unwell today so gonna have to postpone. Hopefully tomorrow night we'll get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Feel better soon Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry guys, been feeling unwell today so gonna have to postpone. Hopefully tomorrow night we'll get going.

Feel better soon Homer, you can read along to Heeps with no distractions now ;)

• Advertisement

99324.jpg
    Get well soon Homer!

Advertisement