Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Land Purchase Annuity

• 13-01-2020 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Anybody know what “The property is subject to a Land Purchase Annuity“ means? Came accross it on a Land Registry Property Folio which I downloaded off Landdirect.ie

Also any idea what “The Registration does not extend to the mines and minerals” means? Thats also on one of the pages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dig all

MaLiYa wrote: »
    Anybody know what “The property is subject to a Land Purchase Annuity“ means? Came accross it on a Land Registry Property Folio which I downloaded off Landdirect.ie

Also any idea what “The Registration does not extend to the mines and minerals” means? Thats also on one of the pages.

That is old literature on the deeds, most likely land commission it was purchased from one time, an annual payment was made , does it mention land commission on the folio?

The registration does not extend to mines or minerals means any minerals in the ground is owned by the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MaLiYa

Here’s what it says over the 4 pages:

Page 1of4
    Land Registry
    County X Folio xxxxF
    Register of Ownership of Freehold Land
    Part 1(A) - The Property
    For parts transferred see Part 1(B)
    A plot of ground being part of the Townland of xxxx containing x hectares shown as Plan(s) xxxx edged RED on the Registry Map (OS MAP Ref(s) xxxx-A).
    The registration does not extend to the mines and minerals.

Page 2of4
    Part 1(B) - Property
    Parts Transferred
    No. Prop No. Instrument. Date. Area (Hectares). Plan. Folio No.

Page 3of4
    Part 2 - Ownership
    Title - ABSOLUTE
    The devolution of the property is subject to the provisions of part two of the succession act, 1965
    Date. Joe Bloggs (rocket scientist) of xxxx County xxxx and Jane Bloggs of xxxx county xxxx are full owners.
    Land cert application No.: xxxx
    Date: 01/Oct/2000
    Issued to: Name of solicitor
    Address: Address of solicitor

Page 4of4
    Part 3 - Burdens and Notices of Burdens
    The property is subject to the provisions prohibiting letting, subletting or subdivision specified in section 12 of the land act 1965 and to the provisions restricting the vesting of interests specified in section 45 of the said act insofar as the said provisions effect same
    Cancelled. Xxxxxxxxx. Date
    The property is subject to a land purchase annuity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

All standard stuff apart from the annuity. The mines and minerals remain the property of the government.
    The annuity was an old loan from land commission. A lot are written off at this stage but I believe a few are still live but would be tiny money.
    I'm not a solicitor but I believe it is a vendors responsibility to get that cleared up if selling a property.

Advertisement