Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 - See MOD note in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Greens will tax us to the hilt, Shanahan against health equality for women and will fall into bed with FF or FG at will, Labour can't be trusted...I'm stumped!

And the others wont propaganda joe? Nice try.
    Wonder where the fantasy money is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

no.8 wrote: »

creating money is easy, we ve just decided its best done by not so democratic methods and institutions

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

When it's all done, I hope parties analyse the result and come to the conclusion that votes are lost due to inaction in the south east. If they haven't lost numbers, why would they bother doing anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Giving Ronan cleary Aontú my number one, very nice lad and will work hard for water ford.

Jesus. Chap is nuts, he's against foreigners yet he's English and his wife is polish or as he puts it he is proper Irish and his wife is new Irish 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Jesus. Chap is nuts, he's against foreigners yet he's English and his wife is polish or as he puts it he is proper Irish and his wife is new Irish 😂😂

He can’t do any worse than the shower of sh1t already in office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He can’t do any worse than the shower of sh1t already in office

I'm not so sure of that

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Definitely one of the oddest candidates we've had run. Some of his answers in the debates/interviews have been off the charts altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Queues of people in my polling station this morning which is good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Definitely one of the oddest candidates we've had run. Some of his answers in the debates/interviews have been off the charts altogether.

I wouldn't go to him for treatment there is something very off with him and he doesn't have the face of a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

spookwoman wrote: »
    he doesn't have the face of a doctor.

Haha what do doctors look like ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

How are we calling it?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Gael23 wrote: »
    How are we calling it?

David Cullinane, Damien Geoghegan, Eddie Mulligan and god knows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Could tomorrow be Mary Butler's Waterloo? (or Waterford for that matter)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Why do folks think Butler is in trouble ? I mean it would be great if she was, i specifically voted in a way that would be most dangerous to her... so dont give me false hope here !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Imreoir2

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Why do folks think Butler is in trouble ? I mean it would be great if she was, i specifically voted in a way that would be most dangerous to her... so dont give me false hope here !

There is a general feeling that she is useless. I know former FF voters who wouldnt vote for her. But there is a FF seat in Waterford and I doubt Mulligan will out perform her.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

I'll have a go at the first preferences
    Cullinane 26
    Geoghean 14
    Butler 13
    O cathaisigh 10
    Mulligan 9
    Shanahan 9
    Cummins 8
    Pratt 6
    Dunphy 5
    Philips 3
    Cleary 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I don't i just want it to be true. We don't need poor poltical representation here.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It’s more wishful thinking on my part to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Apart from being useless, she is going to lose the city FF vote to Mulligan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

no.8 wrote: »

Propaganda Joe :pac:

If I misrepresented any party/candidate in my comment, make sure and provide me with a reason why I'm mistaken. The Greens have been extremely open about imposing more taxes, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

My polling station was at 60% at about 7pm.

Just gave a friend a spin to her polling station, there was a fair crowd coming and going. Anyone I've spoken to today seems to have voted Cullinane no.1 (no doubt one or two closeted FFGers among them).

I'll be interested to see how he does with the older crowd. A couple of pensioners I know have voted Sinn Fein for the first time.

It's been a fair change as only a couple of weeks ago it seemed to be a lot of "I like Cullinane but could never vote Sinn Fein."

Looking forward to the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    I'll have a go at the first preferences
    Cullinane 26
    Geoghean 14
    Butler 13
    O cathaisigh 10
    Mulligan 9
    Shanahan 9
    Cummins 8
    Pratt 6
    Dunphy 5
    Philips 3
    Cleary 2

I hope they're not percentages :)

Just gave a friend a spin to her polling station, there was a fair crowd coming and going. Anyone I've spoken to today seems to have voted Cullinane no.1.

I'll be interested to see how he does with the older crowd. A couple of pensioners I know have voted Sinn Fein for the first time.

It's been a fair change as only a couple of weeks ago it seemed to be a lot of "I like Cullinane but could never vote Sinn Fein."

Looking forward to the results.

I can tell you that SF wouldn't even canvass in certain areas because they know they won't get votes. Other areas obviously they'll be very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Really hope Butler loses her seat but would be a bit surprised.

I voted Cullinane number 1 anyway and the Greens number 2, that was it.

I would say we will see Cullinane, Geoghan (sp)? Butler and O Caithisigh maybe

Think FF might suffer with the vote being split but assume they will pick up one, FG will take a seat surely and Cullinane should top the poll

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

hardybuck wrote: »
    I can tell you that SF wouldn't even canvass in certain areas because they know they won't get votes. Other areas obviously they'll be very popular.
    Bull****.

marlin vs wrote: »
    Bull****.

I can tell you that we haven't had a SF person here on the doorstep in 20 years. They don't even have posters up.

In the RTE exit poll FG got slightly the most first preferences, followed by SF and FF. Not much in between them.

hardybuck wrote: »

I haven't had a single knock on the door from anyone.

• Advertisement

I haven't had a single knock on the door from anyone.

We only had one this year. Seems to be going out of fashion.

Advertisement