Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 - See MOD note in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,902 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

no.8 wrote: »
    Ah yes, let's jump on board natural disasters. Wonderful.

I think they have more to them then that...as do most parties. E.g. infrastructure, sustainability, health, housing.

None of which did very well for them.
    They need a new and younger leader imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

As opposed to SF's fantasy policies. Good one Tayto the propaganda machine.
    Simply put there is a strong divide between their pull for rural voters versus urban dwellers

Why do you keep accusing posters of propaganda? Weird. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm listening to WLR and someone (Sean ?) is suggesting FG might actually fail to elect a seat (vote management issue)

Both candidates are relatively unknown in the opposite ends of their constituencies as they're both running for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

It’s my opinion. I think they’ll be gutted that they didn’t get a higher percentage. They had everything going for them with the Australian fires, storms etc.

That's fair enough. By people you mean yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,902 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

hardybuck wrote: »
    That's fair enough. By people you mean yourself.

Obviously I wasn’t on my own. 92% seem to agree 😂

• Advertisement

Obviously I wasn’t on my own. 92% seem to agree 😂

Ah you're actually acting the maggot there now.

GP will perform in line with expectations - that's the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

The other parties don't really have solid climate policies other than "Don't demonise de farmers"

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wagtail99

Are there any indocations out there on where it looks like Cullinane's huge surplus going?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

All boxes tallied now in Waterford. Combined total of FF and FG just 34% in Waterford, all to play for .

Fascinating final tally for Waterford.

Cullinane romps home and the really interesting thing will be what happens to his surplus.

Mary Butler comes in second. Shanahan third. Cummins fourth which I'm really surprised by. Geoghegan currently fifth but it's really tight.

If Cullinane's surplus goes to O'Cathsaigh who is very close to fourth seat it'll mean that Greens take one and FG get none.

Nobody really knows what'll happen to SF surpluses which is why this is so fascinating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    All boxes tallied now in Waterford. Combined total of FF and FG just 34% in Waterford, all to play for .

Credit to jamie Moore for this document https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ILGOOEFG8DAw55Adqo-LHWTpRf_aLuRvpmSbrNww5g/htmlview?fbclid=IwAR2RA2_vAnTLZ5XTbrCLEjNjdHCC8zuRmsXO6dFGfQAcOu4EzoMEnjrZi_M

hardybuck wrote: »
    Fascinating final tally for Waterford.

Cullinane romps home and the really interesting thing will be what happens to his surplus.

Mary Butler comes in second. Shanahan third. Cummins fourth which I'm really surprised by. Geoghegan currently fifth but it's really tight.

If Cullinane's surplus goes to O'Cathsaigh who is very close to fourth seat it'll mean that Greens take one and FG get none.

Nobody really knows what'll happen to SF surpluses which is why this is so fascinating.

Not just Cullinane's surplus, very likely Dunphy's, Shanahan's and Pratt's transfers much more likely to go Green than FFG.

Not just Cullinane's surplus, very likely Dunphy's, Shanahan's and Pratt's transfers much more likely to go Green than FFG.

Well Dunphy has less than 1,200 votes. Not irrelevant but nothing major either. Cleary from Aontu has nearly as much.

I don't think Shanahan will have surplus.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ah yes, let's jump on board natural disasters. Wonderful.

I think they have more to them then that...as do most parties. E.g. infrastructure, sustainability, health, housing.

Human driven climate change isn't natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Poor tallies for Mulligan.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Interesting to hear John Paul Phelan in danger of losing his seat, he is no friend of Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Damien Tiernan is unlistenable when he's all excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Where is cullinane likely to figure in terms of the highest first preferences nationally?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Where is cullinane likely to figure in terms of the highest first preferences nationally?

To answer my own question Rte news just said it looks like he might have highest first prefernce vote in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

To answer my own question Rte news just said it looks like he might have highest first prefernce vote in the country

hes very popular, and his count is showing this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Speak Now wrote: »
    Poor tallies for Mulligan.

Crying on the WLR website didn't do him any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

kingbhome wrote: »
    What's the difference between a coalition and confidence and supply?

C&S basically meant that FF abstained.

So if, for example FF, on 40 seats abstain, then the new majority of 60.
    Neither FF or FG will get near that, it seems.
    So, to have C&S between those two again, you would also have to have a coalition party too. They just about managed it with indies last time round. Can't see that happening again, with the expected numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

With 96% of #GE2020 votes tallied nationwide…

SF 24.1%
    FF 22.2%
    FG 22.1%
    Greens 7.4%
    Labour 4.1%
    SD 3.0%
    SolPBP 2.8%
    Other parties 3.3%
    Inds 12.1%

https://twitter.com/SeanDefoe/status/1226512573996191744

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

To answer my own question Rte news just said it looks like he might have highest first preference vote in the country

I wonder what his odds where to get that?,i think Pierce Doherty was 12/1

I wonder what his odds where to get that?,i think Pierce Doherty was 12/1

Cullinane was 25/1 then 33/1. Doherty was 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    Interesting to hear John Paul Phelan in danger of losing his seat, he is no friend of Waterford
    John Paul Phelan Phil hogan two south Kilkenny men that have a personal hatred for Waterford they would rather see there sons and daughters emigrate than do better for the south east region.Brendan howlin was another one that stripped out Waterford.hopefully the tide starts to turn after this election

Waterford very slow on the count. Surely David Cullinane should have been elected by now?

Edit: Announcement being made now...David Cullinane elected!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Muttley79 wrote: »
    John Paul Phelan Phil hogan two south Kilkenny men that have a personal hatred for Waterford they would rather see there sons and daughters emigrate than do better for the south east region.Brendan howlin was another one that stripped out Waterford.hopefully the tide starts to turn after this election

South kilkenny have enough of problems without claiming Hogan as well :) hes from near the Laois border if I remember rightly.

If Cullinanes tallies are accurate Sinn Fein could have come close to 2 seats in Waterford.

• Advertisement

David has been elected.

Advertisement