Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 - See MOD note in First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭IspeakcozIcan

DC with a 10,000 vote surplus- wow!

If SF are in government, what position would he get at the cabinet table?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Minister for Waterford!

I expect Tweedle dum and Tweedle Dee will stitch up the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

If anyone has garden benches or patio chairs left outside, its advisable to bring them in.

Apparently, Sinn Fein are taking seats all over the place this evening. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cullinanes first pref total breaks the previous record in Waterford by 5000 votes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,938 ✭✭✭spookwoman

https://twitter.com/wlrfm/status/1226585699660509187?s=20

She has p*ssed off a lot of people in waterford especially with the kennealy business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

spookwoman wrote: »

She has p*ssed off a lot of people in waterford especially with the kennealy business.

She has a lot of nerve bringing this up, especially after the dispicable online behavior of one of her family during the repeal campaign. She’d want to have a look closer to home before coming out with this rubbish. A disgrace of a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What has caused this mad change? I have seen Cullinane's name around for years (left Ireland five years ago) but no one would vote SF,
    How have a far right party duped people into thinking they were lefties? Looking from abroad, I can just see the Irish economy buzzing and Leo being very strong representing the EU on brexit, obviously I am missing a lot of anger on the ground... its mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Over 1000 votes for cleary, could do well on transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

spookwoman wrote: »

This is the same woman who believes it's perfectly fine to have zealots shout abuse at women leaving clinics?

Disgusting hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

What has caused this mad change? I have seen Cullinane's name around for years (left Ireland five years ago) but no one would vote SF,
    How have a far right party duped people into thinking they were lefties? Looking from abroad, I can just see the Irish economy buzzing and Leo being very strong representing the EU on brexit, obviously I am missing a lot of anger on the ground... its mad.

If you think Sinn Fein are far right you must be gone a lot longer than 5 years, or maybe hit your head on the way out?

• Advertisement

Brexit is not playing at as an issue now it will later this year. FG are viewed as out of touch and certainly out of Waterford.

If you think Sinn Fein are far right you must be gone a lot longer than 5 years, or maybe hit your head on the way out?

I guess I always thought they stood for Irish culture and people first rather than equality for all residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

So, how many people think there will be another GE b4 the end of the yesr

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not this year but we wont be waiting 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

When can we expect count 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'd say everything is on the table now, including another ge soon, people truly have had enough, it's been a long time coming, but I'm very proud we done this in a democratic and somewhat dignified way. I'm delighted to see casey gone up the country, that form of populism is dangerous, but I guess it could be argued that what we re witnessing now is just another form of populism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I don’t think so, FF and FG won’t want another election too soon-if there is it gives SF the opportunity to run more candidates and after today it’s possible a lot more would get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

JPA wrote: »

Saw on Twitter between 8 and 8:30 so anytime soon

JPA wrote: »

by 9 PM I'd say, dunno when they are counting until though - might see three elected tonight

This is the same woman who believes it's perfectly fine to have zealots shout abuse at women leaving clinics?

Disgusting hypocrite.

Can't believe so many people voted for her.

• Advertisement

Any minute now, WLR are back on live.

(any hour now)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

by 9 PM I'd say, dunno when they are counting until though - might see three elected tonight

Damien Geoghegan said earlier that the final 3 seats will be only be filled at the final count as its mathematical impossible for any other candidate to make the quota

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I'm beginning to think we will see another GE within the next 3 months maybe even as soon as April. FG and FF are in tatters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I guess I always thought they stood for Irish culture and people first rather than equality for all residents.

You know what happened to thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

BanditLuke wrote:
    I'm beginning to think we will see another GE within the next 3 months maybe even as soon as April. FG and FF are in tatters.

Yea I think this is a possibility

No one elected on second count (official) Ronan Clearly gone, Bernadette Phillips gone.

Third count starts

Could go anyway with those transfers

debok wrote: »
    You know what happened to thought?

?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Unless Mark can build up a lead on John Cummins, I reckon cummins will grab the 4th seat on Geoghegan’s transfers once he’s eliminated. John Pratt’s transfers will also be crucial.

Advertisement