Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 - See MOD note in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Great start for Cullinane. Getting caught in a Whatsapp video celebrating with a victory speech for his followers last night name checking IRA hunger strikers and signing off with an "up the ra"

Stay classy SF.

He was getting hauled over hot coals on it on Matt Cooper a little while ago i hear. Apparently the played at least some of the clip.

Not often i agree with FF but Barry Cowen had it right today.. you want to put these folks back in the box.... let them govern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

https://twitter.com/NI_ALLO/status/1226919847365414912?s=20

David might be in a little trouble anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    If they want to be taken serious as a political party, they really need to move on from this crap

I think the point is that they haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Maybe he's celebrating the end of the property tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What a wanker, seriously.

Having done this he now has no latitude to even sneeze "theyhaven'tgoneawayyouknow". Because this one moment will be fired back at him both for the next few weeks (assuming it takes that long to form a government) and the moment the starter gun goes for the next election. And of course he chances of making the front bench have just been greatly reduced.

Well done you!

3d2217353073900dec590a1bbd1e1977.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-s-david-cullinane-defends-shouting-up-the-ra-after-election-1.4168791?mode=amp#.XkGb0xu3XGs.twitter
    Sweet Jesus,surely he should have known better than to be belting that out in a public house in front of camera phones.if this party is to be taken series they need to leave all this **** in the past after the good Friday agreement.absolute stupidity from david.the media will go to town on him now they are scrutinizing everything that said and done by sinn Fein

SF will never be taken seriously, they'll get rid of the USC, the one sure way of taxing high earners instead of low paid workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,397 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Can't see them last long in government if they keep behaving like this, incredibly immature stuff

He has come our further backing his statement basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Looks like the best hope for Waterford is Minister Butler !!!!

• Advertisement

A student was killed by the IRA in Tramore in the 1970s. That wanker knows this.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Pathetic stuff, amateur hour politician. Could've had a real shot at being a minister and blows it for that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

A member of Sinn Fein saying up the ra,im shocked.

It will be forgotten about in a day or two.

Refusing to apologise now. Toughing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

hardybuck wrote: »
    Refusing to apologise now. Toughing it out.

There will be a post on twitter soon apologising...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

vriesmays wrote: »
    Maybe he's celebrating the end of the property tax.

If fairness if he does this he can kneecap a british hostage on the nine o clock news every night and i saw nuttin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

A member of Sinn Fein saying up the ra,im shocked.

It will be forgotten about in a day or two.

I don't know,think leo and michail might jump on it and use it to justify FF fg going into government to keep out shin Fein fir the good of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

The first commemoration ceremony for the IRA will be in Waterford?

I expect that the past and personal lives of recently elected SF TDs will come under a lot of scrutiny in the coming days and weeks.

I've heard rumours some SF newly elected don't have a criminal record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Unbelievable stupid stuff, he has truly shot himself in the foot there and is disgraceful behaviour IMO.every now and again the mask slips for SF, I'm truly disappointed, i spoke positively about him to various people leading up to the election, I thought he was better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Max Powers wrote: »
    Unbelievable stupid stuff, he has truly shot himself in the foot there and is disgraceful behaviour IMO.every now and again the mask slips for SF, I'm truly disappointed, i spoke positively about him to various people leading up to the election, I thought he was better than this.

He could have shouted this all he wants in his own house but to do it in public with people having their camera phones out is political suicide.i voted him number 1 hoping to get Waterford a half decent ministers role,surely that has gone up in flames.how could you have a minister in government shouting this out.big let down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

They keep letting themselves down with their stupid actions....also putting Mary Lou Mcdonald under unnecessary situations during interviews while she's trying to convince people that they are a serious political party

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

He's on their front bench for ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Has a huge win, goes home, has a few pints. Sings and dances for his own people. Is anyone surprised? Give over. I am as far from SF as anyone could be, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭E38E3E38E3EE33

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Not a supporter, and this was a really stupid thing to do, but this could be old news by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

How damaging is this to him would ye say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

You can tell Mary Loo is not impressed in that clip.

SF claim to be the party who want a united Ireland but to also have unionists buy into it and comments like that don't help.

No real damage to him in Waterford.

Advertisement