Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 - See MOD note in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

KevIRL wrote: »

A lot of the SF front bench are not part of the negotiating team so not sure this story means much. Anyway, if I was putting money on it the government will be FF/FG and others. They will let SF blow themselves out, then form a government and say they “saved” the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Interesting- in case people will search back through his history trying to find some more dirt.

They would find it tbh, Doyle has a habit of going too far at times with his opinions

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

KevIRL wrote: »

Equivalent to Deasy lighting up in the Dail bar all those year ago. A seemingly competent capable politician on the cusp of a senior ministry dashed in a single moment of madness. And based on Pearse Doherty's comments in the Indo today, just like Deasy, Cullinane will slip to the back benches and out of relevance, as he will carry this around with him for the rest of his political career which is exactly what Sinn Fein want to shake off. Putting him in a prominent position will always be a reminder to people when they want to throw a jab at the party. The whole thing is extremely disappointing and frustrating I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

BBM77 wrote: »
    A lot of the SF front bench are not part of the negotiating team so not sure this story means much. Anyway, if I was putting money on it the government will be FF/FG and others. They will let SF blow themselves out, then form a government and say they “saved” the country.

Doesn't mean anything, just easy headlines is all.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Could be a move to stop him being contacted by journalists.

He was easily available all day Saturday when driving around right outside Scoil Lorcain and St Martin's School voting stations with a loudspeaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

it will be all forgotten about by the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

iseegirls wrote: »
    He was easily available all day Saturday when driving around right outside Scoil Lorcain and St Martin's School voting stations with a loudspeaker.

So what Matt shanahan and Mary butler had loudspeakers going on the dunmore road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Is Mary on DT today?

**Just announced she wont be on the show, the issue is a Garda matter now**

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Nypd wrote: »
    Seems she has created a huge mess for herself.
    Have yet to see anyone defend her makes you wonder can she survive this.
    Cullinane will be happy she created a diversion for her.

By playing the innocent victim card?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Gael23 wrote: »
    By playing the innocent victim card?

Exactly while brushing the issue of the real victims under the carpet.

• Advertisement

this is the post from the guy who caught Mary red handed. he has himself well covered and will be interesting to see if Skelton has the balls to take this on with a front page story in the N&S as Damien Tiernan clearly doesn't.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10221141633355122&id=1373259762

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

How did the Cullinane video get leaked? The video kinda looked like it was filmed from one phone looking at another.

Tarzann wrote: »
    How did the Cullinane video get leaked? The video kinda looked like it was filmed from one phone looking at another.

i could be completely wrong but i think a SF cllr put it up originally on facebook.

The narrative on DT / WLR today is online bullying today? Its as if they are building up to make her look the victim. She needs to address everything now, her head is in the sand. This isnt going away and will be picked up by the national media soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

dzilla wrote: »
    The narrative on DT / WLR today is online bullying today? Its as if they are building up to make her look the victim. She needs to address everything now, her head is in the sand. This isnt going away and will be picked up by the national media soon.

He's got a very squeaky voice today ?

Is this the start of the "winding it in" that I predicted would happen to DT when he started on WLR. A la Billy Mc "We'll have to speak to our legal team before we talk about that...".

Hopefully the Mary Butler saga does go national and show her up for what she is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I can see how the likes of WLR would be reluctant to further report on the Butler thing if there have been allegations of hacking.

To be fair to her, if that is true, further reporting on it would have a negative impact on her.

If it turns out that the allegations of hacking are false, or can't be substantiated, then the heat will really come on again big time.

hardybuck wrote: »
    I can see how the likes of WLR would be reluctant to further report on the Butler thing if there have been allegations of hacking.

To be fair to her, if that is true, further reporting on it would have a negative impact on her.

If it turns out that the allegations of hacking are false, or can't be substantiated, then the heat will really come on again big time.

Can that be proven?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Gael23 wrote: »
    Can that be proven?

Honestly I don't know.

If it has been reported to the Gardai I'm assuming that they'll have to do some inquiries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Re Cullinane, it's his bad luck that Sinn Fein are now able to shovel any trouble to one side, there are so many of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

You would think if she reported to Gardai then there must be some truth in the smear campaign.

If she is only telling us she has reported to gardai but hasn't actually because she's guilty then she is digging a bigger hole for herself. Is it possible to find out if she has actually reported it?

Will there be by-elections now to see who gets Mark O'Green Party / Matt Shannahan's council seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

dzilla wrote:
    Will there be by-elections now to see who gets Mark O'Green Party / Matt Shannahan's council seats?

No , I think they get to nominate their own replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭invara

I think replacements are co-opted. Tradition has it that the exiting councillor nominates their replacement and that it it rubber stamped by the council. But it is the council's decision. It came up when Mary Roche asked for Matt Shanahan to be co-opted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

https://waterford-news.ie/2020/02/12/kenneally-victims-question-level-of-ff-tds-support/?fbclid=IwAR1_SJMnHEhFscgf66smf4YamIHsTWidlg76Lk65myuxLAkznMXVpIL9GYI

FF & Butler not looking good here. But then again, does she care now she's been elected.

I'm also not remotely surprised by the veil slipping in the Waterford Sinn Fein camp.

What a time to be alive. 3 main parties in the country. Each as useless as the other especially for the people of Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    No , I think they get to nominate their own replacements.

Expect to see the return of Mary Roche so

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

DLS_75 wrote:
    Expect to see the return of Mary Roche so

That wouldn't be a bad thing at all but I think she has opted out for family reasons

If she had a shrewd of decency Mary would have called to that house personally following the canvass. This is only going to get worse for her

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

The party/individual get to nominate their replacements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    That wouldn't be a bad thing at all but I think she has opted out for family reasons

Oh right - didn’t know that

Advertisement