Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election 2020 - See MOD note in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

That TD was also spreading anti-vax crap online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Imreoir2 wrote: »
    If people elect enough SF TDs there will be a SF government, there is no one to force us to vote again "the right way" should that happen.
    The only thing Waterford will get under SF is a transgender clinic.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8008675/Sinn-Fein-breakthrough-lead-expansion-controversial-NHS-transgender-health-project.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Thanks! I was just waiting on a Daily Mail link to fill the bingo card.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭DLS_75

JohnC. wrote: »
    Thanks! I was just waiting on a Daily Mail link to fill the bingo card.

I enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Any update on Mary Butler? She’s in some serious bother if all this is true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Gael23 wrote: »

Mary is in hiding again, her personal best is around 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Gael23 wrote:

Mary is busy heading the negotiating team for Fianna Fail to merge with Aontu and Renua

She’s one of a very small amount of females in Fianna F. She could be a minister or junior minister yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

hardybuck wrote: »
    I heard a rumour of that - but didn't see it in the media anywhere?

Bit of a dodge heard they bum money to buy drugs until dole comes through, there supposed to have the house there in wrecked as well ! As I know a guy that has bought house either side of them at the moment ! https://www.facebook.com/158397650841501/posts/2458393534175223/?vh=e&d=n

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

I heard a rumour of that - but didn't see it in the media anywhere?

Yes a real Mary cash -5 kids no work !
    anti hpv vaccine as well !

• Advertisement

I see Mary Butlers still ducking the media.
    Jason Murphy a councillor on DT’s show discussing national politics in her place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

DLS_75 wrote: »
    She’s one of a very small amount of females in Fianna F. She could be a minister or junior minister yet
    She's seen as loyal by Micheal Martin and if FF are in government, I do think she's in one of the best positions to be given a ministry of sorts.

On the other hand, you have David Cullinane who almost singlehandedly gave FG and FF a valid excuse to not even entertain the idea of a SF coalition. Has to be the fastest a politician has ever shot themselves in the foot after an election? He will forever be known as the TD who supports the IRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

AdMMM wrote: »
    She's seen as loyal by Micheal Martin and if FF are in government, I do think she's in one of the best positions to be given a ministry of sorts.

On the other hand, you have David Cullinane who almost singlehandedly gave FG and FF a valid excuse to not even entertain the idea of a SF coalition. Has to be the fastest a politician has ever shot themselves in the foot after an election? He will forever be known as the TD who supports the IRA.

She will have the power then to do the catholic churches and Kilkenny’s bidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

AdMMM wrote: »

I don't think Butler has ever been on the FF front bench, which has 22 members.

Should FF end up in Government, they'd be sharing Ministries with 2-3 coalition partners. Therefore Butler getting even a Minister of State role for the next number of years would be a surprise.

The issues are too serious to just go away by Mary remaining in hiding. To claim she had unwavering support for victims of abuse and then to be so closely associated with the Keneally family put that into doubt

The issues are too serious to just go away by Mary remaining in hiding. To claim she had unwavering support for victims of abuse and then to be so closely associated with the Keneally family put that into doubt

Think it more than puts it into doubt.
    Mary has once again abandoned her electorate.
    Can’t believe she sent a councillor into WLR instead of going on herself.
    Is she that frightened to answer some questions ?
    The TD is trying to keep the truth buried me thinks.

Random thought. John Cummins acted like a child during the election. He has remained consistent after the election as well. As a DLS man, I offered my commiserations to him. He ignored me and walked off in a huff. Dodged bullet there.

Random thought. John Cummins acted like a child during the election. He has remained consistent after the election as well. As a DLS man, I offered my commiserations to him. He ignored me and walked off in a huff. Dodged bullet there.

In fairness to the chap his social media posts afterwards appeared to be quite measured.

I'd say he's absolutely loving Matt Shanahan got a seat :D:D

In fairness to the chap his social media posts afterwards appeared to be quite measured.

Pity his manners throughout were anything but measured. Constantly butting in, belittling people, rolling his eyes, taking things up the wrong way,.. He's was very condescending throughout which surprised me. I know he's done a lot of good work but he has an attitude problem.

• Advertisement

Pity his manners throughout were anything but measured. Constantly butting in, belittling people, rolling his eyes, taking things up the wrong way,.. He's was very condescending throughout which surprised me. I know he's done a lot of good work but he has an attitude problem.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but I thought the posts afterwards were much more mature.

I'd say Eoin O'Broin is sick to the teeth of having to explain for dodgy behaviour of his colleagues when he turns up for interviews.

Was a bit cranky this morning when he was asked about the new TD from Clare who a housing charity had to take to court to get her out of a house after she and her husband wouldn't pay their rent of €63 a week for four years.

Oh Sinn Féin. Cullinane making a show of himself the night he was elected. Violet Anne Wynne in Clare won't be getting a landlord's reference anytime soon.

Now newly elected Kildare TD Reada Cronin has deleted her twitter account apparently after a host of awful comments including a range of anti-Semitic posts, alleging that fluoride in water is 'poison' used to 'dull' people, suggesting that members of the judiciary are paedophiles and calling people b****es and w***es.

In fairness to her she has apologised, she hasn't claimed it was hacked or anything.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/sinn-fein-td-reada-cronin-apologises-for-off-the-cuff-old-tweets-linking-israel-to-nazism-38969065.html

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Oh Sinn Féin. Cullinane making a show of himself the night he was elected. Violet Anne Wynne in Clare won't be getting a landlord's reference anytime soon.

Now newly elected Kildare TD Reada Cronin has deleted her twitter account apparently after a host of awful comments including a range of anti-Semitic posts, alleging that fluoride in water is 'poison' used to 'dull' people, suggesting that members of the judiciary are paedophiles and calling people b****es and w***es.

In fairness to her she has apologised, she hasn't claimed it was hacked or anything.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/sinn-fein-td-reada-cronin-apologises-for-off-the-cuff-old-tweets-linking-israel-to-nazism-38969065.html

Don’t read to much into it “blue Hugh” o Connell the author is a huge blue shirt and loves nothing better to do than stick the knife into Sinn Fein,he was part of the journal.ie but he was hated that much on that media platform he was moved on.his wife Kate o Connell is an advisor for Fine Gael who also tweeted Mary lube McDonald,yes what was said by Sinn Fein Réada Cronin was bad but there’s a very one sided witch hunt against them,meanwhile “blue Hugh” won’t report on the real state of this country were living in.

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Don’t read to much into it “blue Hugh” o Connell the author is a huge blue shirt and loves nothing better to do than stick the knife into Sinn Fein,he was part of the journal.ie but he was hated that much on that media platform he was moved on.his wife Kate o Connell is an advisor for Fine Gael who also tweeted Mary lube McDonald,yes what was said by Sinn Fein Réada Cronin was bad but there’s a very one sided witch hunt against them,meanwhile “blue Hugh” won’t report on the real state of this country were living in.

Just to confirm, are you're stating that Hugh O'Connell has made this up, or that he's delighted that another SF person has behaved very poorly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

These Shinners are just discovering what public office is about, making sure to have a clean social media history!

Its all part of the process of becoming mainstream so that next time they won't have these embarrassments

Will the north quays announcement bring Mary out of hiding?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm sure she will stand grinning in front of a placard with Meehole stood beside her.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Muttley79

Just to confirm, are you're stating that Hugh O'Connell has made this up, or that he's delighted that another SF person has behaved very poorly?

Where did I state that his making this up!!it was a tweet from a couple of years back stating the brutality of the Israelis on the Palestinians,which I think most people would consider true,the way she worded her tweet was distasteful which she has since taken this tweet down and apologized.what I'm saying is the author of this article is very pro fianna Gael including his wife who seem to have a huge problem with the rise of sinn Fein.

Unlikely in the short term as FF never backed that project.

• Advertisement

Muttley79 wrote: »
    Where did I state that his making this up!!it was a tweet from a couple of years back stating the brutality of the Israelis on the Palestinians,which I think most people would consider true,the way she worded her tweet was distasteful which she has since taken this tweet down and apologized.what I'm saying is the author of this article is very pro fianna Gael including his wife who seem to have a huge problem with the rise of sinn Fein.

When you said 'don't read too much into it' and discredited the author of the article I was wondering what angle you were coming from.

My understanding, based upon the widespread coverage of this, is that she has made a number of of anti-Semitic tweets, including those which relate to WWII.

In addition she in tweets over a number of years called individuals horrible names, accused banks run by European royal families of funding European wars, alleged that Mossad interfered with the recent UK election to defeat Corbyn, accused the judiciary of being paedophiles...the list goes on and on.

What a lovely individual. This is the quality of people that were voted in - couldn't get in as a councillor in Kildare last year.

Advertisement