Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

humidifier for toddler - cold mist or warm mist

Options
  • 13-01-2020 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

so my son is perfectly fine during the day, but he always starts coughing during night time. often with a barking cough.

almost every single day. we hope that a humidifier improve the situation - but what kind should we get? many websites suggest cold mist ones. many say that with the warm mist ones, by the time the mist reaches the person, its cold anyway. true?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

murfilein wrote: »
    so my son is perfectly fine during the day, but he always starts coughing during night time. often with a barking cough.

almost every single day. we hope that a humidifier improve the situation - but what kind should we get? many websites suggest cold mist ones. many say that with the warm mist ones, by the time the mist reaches the person, its cold anyway. true?

I have used both. I found the warm one (vicks) better but I felt it was too dangerous so ended up buying the cool mist one (vicks).
    Basically it’s like a kettle stream of hot steam so if my son got up and put his arm across the steam he would get scalded.

Advertisement