Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing car

Options
  • 14-01-2020 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have a current policy with Liberty that is up for renewal on 3rd Feb 2020. As I have just changed my car, am I best to change the car details on my current policy and then renew it, or to just take out a new policy with the new car details.

I have already done a quote for the new car and it is cheaper than my renewal was on the old one. I also don't wish to pay the 30 euro policy change fee when there's so little time left on the policy.

Please advise, thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Rachel

I have a current policy with Liberty that is up for renewal on 3rd Feb 2020. As I have just changed my car, am I best to change the car details on my current policy and then renew it, or to just take out a new policy with the new car details.

I have already done a quote for the new car and it is cheaper than my renewal was on the old one. I also don't wish to pay the 30 euro policy change fee when there's so little time left on the policy.

Please advise, thanks.
    Hi absurdtrivia,

Can you PM your policy number and the new business quote reference number and I will request a call back for you, If you have purchased a new vehicle this will need to be updated. 

Thanks Rachel

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭absurdtrivia

Please advise, thanks.
    Hi absurdtrivia,

Can you PM your policy number and the new business quote reference number and I will request a call back for you, If you have purchased a new vehicle this will need to be updated. 

Thanks Rachel
    The new quote I got which is cheaper than my renewal, already has the new car details. Can't I just purchase the new quote/policy online and let the old policy expire.

• Company Representative Posts: 35 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Rachel

Please advise, thanks.
    Hi absurdtrivia,

Thanks Rachel
    The new quote I got which is cheaper than my renewal, already has the new car details. Can't I just purchase the new quote/policy online and let the old policy expire.
    Yes you can do this but your no claims bonus will have to be transferred to the new policy, an agent will be able to assist you with this as well. Rachel

Advertisement